Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Psychiatric referral letter to gov hospital

views

TSkimwoobin
post Oct 13 2016, 12:12 PM, updated 8y ago

3 posts

Hi guys. I have a female friend who recently complained she didn't get enough sleep for almost 2 weeks. She also said she got nervous everytime her brain decide to send her off to sleep, thus she gets awakened and trembled.

I know she had family probs 2 years ago but it was all solved. But after that incident I notice she gets scared easily. Imagine even when her phone rangs, she can get startled and panicked. She also became very sensitive, and get angry easily.

I read about her symptoms that I noticed (because I never ask in case she got offended), she probably having depression and severe anxiety. I really pity her and she is not working after her contract expired 1 year ago. Even when I asked her to come join my company, she refused. She really lost interest in doing anything with her life.

I want to take her to see the doc. But I know she wont be able to afford private doc, thus I wanna take her see gov psychiatrist. How do I get referral letter for her? Is it ok to take her see private clinic doc first? Will gov hospital accept referral letter from private clinic?
BryanKek
post Oct 13 2016, 12:18 PM

29 posts

Go govt Klinik Kesihatan to get referral letter to psychiatry clinic. Then bring letter to psychiatric clinic to get appointment.
Saitama
post Oct 13 2016, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
275 posts

go see a psychologist instead. psychiatrists only know how to give meds which in my opinion only numbs the patient but doesn't fix their problems, u know what i mean?
Belphegor
post Oct 13 2016, 03:06 PM

Dreamer
5,805 posts

QUOTE(kimwoobin @ Oct 13 2016, 12:12 PM)
Hi guys. I have a female friend who recently complained she didn't get enough sleep for almost 2 weeks. She also said she got nervous everytime her brain decide to send her off to sleep, thus she gets awakened and trembled.

I know she had family probs 2 years ago but it was all solved. But after that incident I notice she gets scared easily. Imagine even when her phone rangs, she can get startled and panicked. She also became very sensitive, and get angry easily.

I read about her symptoms that I noticed (because I never ask in case she got offended), she probably having depression and severe anxiety. I really pity her and she is not working after her contract expired 1 year ago. Even when I asked her to come join my company, she refused. She really lost interest in doing anything with her life.

I want to take her to see the doc. But I know she wont be able to afford private doc, thus I wanna take her see gov psychiatrist. How do I get referral letter for her? Is it ok to take her see private clinic doc first? Will gov hospital accept referral letter from private clinic?
Sound like a very light PTSD to me. hmm.gif Did you happen to know if there is any ways for her to calm herself down?

PTSD started the be famous since the Vietnam war, where soldiers from US go back to their country with the depression and everything. They developed a treatment, known as Equine Therapy to assist them in helping them to recover from PTSD.

Can go google it up on PTSD and Equine Therapy.
TSkimwoobin
post Oct 13 2016, 06:41 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Belphegor @ Oct 13 2016, 03:06 PM)
Sound like a very light PTSD to me. hmm.gif Did you happen to know if there is any ways for her to calm herself down?

PTSD started the be famous since the Vietnam war, where soldiers from US go back to their country with the depression and everything. They developed a treatment, known as Equine Therapy to assist them in helping them to recover from PTSD.

Can go google it up on PTSD and Equine Therapy.
I dunno how she calm herself. Usually when she get mad, I just distract her to something else. But most of the time she is really quiet and seems like her mind is elsewhere. Thanks I will google about PTSD and the therapy.
Mr.Docter
post Oct 13 2016, 06:44 PM

Doctorpreneurs
5,360 posts

QUOTE(BryanKek @ Oct 13 2016, 12:18 PM)
Go govt Klinik Kesihatan to get referral letter to psychiatry clinic. Then bring letter to psychiatric clinic to get appointment.
This.

But warn you, the waiting time could be weeks before they give you the appointment date.
ricstc
post Oct 13 2016, 06:51 PM

Saya Pun Nak Cari Makan
2,272 posts

QUOTE(kimwoobin @ Oct 13 2016, 12:12 PM)

just a friendly advice from exact experience

do not

yes do not because the pills and chemicals that our local medical
socalled 'healthcare' prescribe will make her go from bad to worse

the sleeping tablets are ok but not the other pills that will
not only numb her mind - you will start to notice (she wont)
that she will be slower and her reaction times will be poorer and poorer

she will seem 'lost' and even appear more 'out of her mind'
no she will look calm and contented on the outside but on the
inside her mind will be deactivated - yes I can only find this word
to use appropriately - deactivated - no not calmed but switched off

anyway - don't believe - just go thru it with her and when you both
want to help - then wean her off the drugs slowly and never
cold turkey

remember - wean her off the drugs stage by stage dosage by dodage

help her with chi gong and meditation work - even prayer - good luck
TSkimwoobin
post Oct 13 2016, 07:31 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(ricstc @ Oct 13 2016, 06:51 PM)
just a friendly advice from exact experience

do not

yes do not because the pills and chemicals that our local medical
socalled 'healthcare' prescribe will make her go from bad to worse

the sleeping tablets are ok but not the other pills that will
not only numb her mind - you will start to notice (she wont)
that she will be slower and her reaction times will be poorer and poorer
she will seem 'lost' and even appear more 'out of her mind'
no she will look calm and contented on the outside but on the
inside her mind will be deactivated - yes I can only find this word
to use appropriately - deactivated - no not calmed but switched off

anyway - don't believe - just go thru it with her and when you both
want to help - then wean her off the drugs slowly and never
cold turkey

remember - wean her off the drugs stage by stage dosage by dodage
help her with chi gong and meditation work - even prayer - good luck

I thought about that alot too cuz afraid she become dependant to meds. Or meds will make her even worse. But what if she has suicidal thoughts before? Now she never mentioned about it but should I take it seriously? Is taking her to psychologist or chi gong helps?

Actually she always dwell on the past. Even when she has small argument with her family, she would call me and cried. She always thought her family talks behind her back so she feel betrayed. I secretly call her mum but her mum said she misunderstood. I dunno if she paranoid or what.

Within these two years, she had mentioned me about 'wanting to die' 3 times. She said that when she argued with her family. Last time was November last year. Not sure she was just stressed at that time or she really have suicidal thought all along. I really dunno how to react when she said that. I asked her to call Befrienders cuz im afraid I'm not good enough. But she refused.

You know recently got many suicide cases right? When I came across those news I'm worried if she still have that thought. I'm really unsure if she still have it now so I just let it slide. But when she said she didn't have enough sleep for 2 weeks it seems like she is getting worse than I think thats why I decide to take action rather than just watch.
ricstc
post Oct 14 2016, 01:54 PM

Saya Pun Nak Cari Makan
2,272 posts

QUOTE(kimwoobin @ Oct 13 2016, 07:31 PM)
I thought about that alot too cuz afraid she become dependant to meds. Or meds will make her even worse. But what if she has suicidal thoughts before? Now she never mentioned about it but should I take it seriously? Is taking her to psychologist or chi gong helps?

Actually she always dwell on the past. Even when she has small argument with her family, she would call me and cried. She always thought her family talks behind her back so she feel betrayed. I secretly call her mum but her mum said she misunderstood. I dunno if she paranoid or what.

Within these two years, she had mentioned me about 'wanting to die' 3 times. She said that when she argued with her family. Last time was November last year. Not sure she was just stressed at that time or she really have suicidal thought all along. I really dunno how to react when she said that. I asked her to call Befrienders cuz im afraid I'm not good enough. But she refused.

You know recently got many suicide cases right? When I came across those news I'm worried if she still have that thought. I'm really unsure if she still have it now so I just let it slide. But when she said she didn't have enough sleep for 2 weeks it seems like she is getting worse than I think thats why I decide to take action rather than just watch.
I dare tell you this and hope you will know it though you wont believe it
as you have not/are not going through it:

depression and those that have suicidal thoughts are OVERWHELMED by thoughts that go repeating and repeating OF THE PAST - never of the PRESENT

This is what human mental depression means - cycling thoughts of the past - should have, could have, would have, IF only, What If etc etc

So now that you know the above, I tell you this - FOR SURE - the pills/meds will NOT help

You and her or she and a close close relative or friend - one that she trust and cry to / go to for sympathy and attention MUST
help not by what you put into her stomach and then into her blood to travel to her brain to stop the brain signals from firing - this is like eg if you house has some wires or plug that is short circuiting - the solution is to go to the TNB box and SWITCH the mains off?

Is this the way you solve it???

Guide her with meditation, get her a spiritual advisor - you may even get her
a psychologist (one that encourages interaction - NOT a psychiatrist - that pushes DRUGS

anyway Ive shared experienced of the above with you
as with first hand experience and as a certified therapist - the rest is up to you both

good luck goodbye

7cupsofNana
post Oct 18 2016, 01:17 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(kimwoobin @ Oct 13 2016, 07:31 PM)

Hello,

You said she had some issues in the past that have been settled and she seemed different after that? From your description it is definitely anxiety and depression, however, I am not a therapist nor professional. Based on my experience, I went to the government psychiatrist in main hospital by going to Klinik Kesihatan first to get a letter from them. Then you take that letter to the main hospital and tell the counter (need to queue most likely) about the letter, register and wait for what they tell you to do. I didn't get the same psychiatrist each time I went, and the environment was really too not private (too open) for a patient, especially that time I was very unstable. None of the medications really worked and they all made me feel worse. And a psychiatrist can diagnose and prescribe medication, but that's about it. Medication can help, but it's not the full solution, or even the main one. If your friend should choose to take medication (this has to be HER choice), please educate yourself on it. Google forums on psychiatric drugs and get informed on side effects, withdrawals and drug interactions. This is very very important. Medications can help for a while, but a psychologist/therapist is best. If money is a barrier, there are tons of videos and stuff online that can help.

First of all, your friend need to come out of denial and acknowledge she is having problems in her mental health, otherwise, there's nothing much you can do. Maybe you can dig up some information/videos on YouTube and show it to her. Try Kati Morton, her videos are pretty friendly and non-judgmental. Last but not least, please take good care of yourself. Try to understand her situation, but you need to know you should not feel guilty if anything happens to her or not being able to help her despite trying your best.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 AM