Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[REVIEW] Armaggeddon Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0, Very Affordable RGB Gaming Mouse!

views

TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:33 AM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
137 posts

Armaggeddon Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0

RGB Gaming Mouse

user posted image

Introduction

Armaggeddon Sro-5 Havoc III is back with a newer version name Ver 2.0! The Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0 are equipped with a new Avago ADNS-3050 optical sensor that are able to reach up to 4000 CPI and powered by Japanese’s OMRON switches for extra responsive clicks. The Havoc III Ver 2.0 also features 5 macro-able buttons, on-the-fly CPI adjustment and fully customizable RGB lights.

Suggested Retail Price: RM119

Product Link: http://leapfroglobal.com/amg/sro-5-havoc-iii-ver2-0.html

Specifications

user posted image

TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Unboxing

user posted image

The design of the front box is attractive, displayed the product’s name, and some key features of this new version of Havoc-III mouse.

user posted image

At the back, you can find simple specifications of the mouse displayed in 18 different languages together with the system requirement for the Havoc III Ver 2.0.

user posted image

More specifications, features and package contents are displayed on the right side of the box.

user posted image

Armaggeddon highlighted the versatility of this gaming mouse by indicating that the mouse are recommended for variety of game genres.

user posted image

Underneath the box front flap revealed the actual products covered by a transparent plastic cover and user can further read about the advantages of this mouse on the front flap.
TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

user posted image

The accessories that came in the box:
• Armaggeddon Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0 RGB Gaming mouse
• Extra Set of High Quality Teflon Footpads
• User Manual
This time, Armaggeddon didn’t include the software CD in the packaging but user can directly download the software from the offical product website.

user posted image

For this review, I received the matte black colour of the Havoc-III. Design wise, it still retained the same design, shape, looks and size as its predecessor. This is one large mouse and suitable for palm grip and claw grip users.

user posted image

The left side of the mouse are rubberized to improve the grip and the usual 2 buttons that in default setting act as the forward and backward buttons.

user posted image

The right side are rubberized as well to add extra grip when using this mouse.

user posted image

Sro-5 Havoc III product name engraved on the left click buttons. Scroll wheel are rubberized as well and the metalized finish of the on-the-fly CPI switches just add a premium look to the Havoc-III Ver 2.0.

TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

user posted image

Ferrite core near the USB jack that help in minimizing signal interference to maximize the mouse performance.

user posted image

Gold-Plated USB connector that increase the durability of connector.

user posted image

1.8 m ultra-durable nylon braided USB cable but a bit stiff to my liking.

user posted image

The bottom of the mouse where the Avago ADNS 3050 sensor are located. There are 4 high quality Teflon mouse feet that glide smoothly on both hard and fabric surface. The CPI dial up and down button is still located on the bottom with the mouse serial number and warranty expiry date.

TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:36 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Software

The Armaggeddon software for the Havoc-III Ver 2.0 can be downloaded directly from the official product site.

user posted image

As usual, the interface of the software are simple and straight forward. GUI and interaction of the software are just simple clicks to expand and minimized the specific mouse settings. Very understandable and direct that are suitable for beginners. Button assignment are just very basic and easy to use. X/Y sensitivity can be adjusted and the default CPI setting are 500, 1000, 2000, and 3000. You can personally change the CPI setting that suite your need in the range between 500-4000 CPI. RGB lighting can be adjusted based on 3 main options and the USB report rate is accessible via the software.

user posted image

Mouse speed, Double Click speed and the scroll speed are all accessible and adjustable via the software.

user posted image

After you are done personalizing your mouse setting, there are up to 6 different profiles that can be set up. One thing to take note of is switching between profiles can only be done by using the software.

user posted image

For the macro manager, there are 12 different macros settings can be recorded and assign to 5 macro-programmable buttons on the Havoc-III Ver 2.0. This is an improvement from the predecessor where it can only recorded up to 8 different macro settings. But the downside is, once you started recording, the process is continuous and you can’t stop or pause the recording process. If you press the wrong button while recording, you need to restart the whole process again.

TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Verdict

In term of design, it is still the same gaming mouse as its previous predecessor because the Ver 2.0 of the Havoc-III still retained the same shape and size but it is packed with a new optical sensor. This is one very comfortable mouse due to its big size and good ergonomic that fit my large hand and suite my palm grip style perfectly. The grip is good due to the rubberized surface on both side of the mouse and also due to the matte surface finishing that also reduce the visibility of fingerprints after each usage.

I feel the weight of the mouse is adequate that glide smoothly on fabric or hard surface due to the large Teflon mouse feet. The Japanese’s Omron Switches are very responsive to clicks that prevent the odds of any miss clicking to occur. The “upgraded” Avago ADNS 3050 optical sensor for this 2.0 Version of Havoc-III claimed to be able to max out at 4000 CPI with a tracking speed of 160 inches per second (ips), but when I googled about that specific sensor, it said otherwise on the official product page. The product page stated that the sensor can only max out at 2000 CPI with 60 ips. This is indeed very confusing Armaggeddon, so I tested out the mouse at the proclaimed max CPI of 4000 versus the product page max CPI of 2000 and found out that the cursor started to be a bit shaky when going above 2000 CPI. But still, this mouse is still a very good mouse for most gamers that are gaming on 1080p with an average CPI sensitivity of below 2000. The on-the-fly CPI switch on top of the mouse still can only change between 2 CPI settings. If you want to change to another 2 CPI settings, you’ll need to turn the mouse over and manually change the CPI Dial Up or CPI Dial Down button that are located at the bottom of the mouse. This can be a great deal breaker for anyone that want to change between 3 to 4 different CPI settings in a quick manner especially during tense gaming session.

The software is very direct, with simple GUI, user friendly and easy to use even for beginners. The only downside is you can only change between the 6 different profiles that has been set up through the software. Without the software, you can only stick with the default settings of the mouse. The macro keys recording features can still be improve so that whenever user entered the wrong key, he or she shouldn’t have to restart recording all over again.

TSmiadidas93
post Oct 11 2016, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
137 posts

Conclusion

With the release of the Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0, Armaggeddon is still in the game competing with other brands in the gaming peripherals industry. With this RGB gaming mouse priced at RM 119 that are RM50 cheaper that its predecessor, it is a good choice for gamers that are on a budget. What did they get for paying for such a budget friendly RGB gaming mouse you asked? Well, a simple but very stylish design, RGB light strip that outline the whole shape of the mouse with good ergonomic for long hours of usage with the addition of top quality durable Omron switches. Sure, the so called upgraded Avago ADNS 3050 Optical sensor will be a let down for gamers that prefer their mouse sensitivity to be above 2000 CPI but with that price tag, that is not a big deal breaker for me. Software are very simple and straightforward to use thus overall the Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0 gaming mouse is a very versatile gaming mouse suitable for wide range of game genres with a very attractive price.

Performance: 5/5
Materials: 4/5
Appearance: 5/5
Specification: 4/5
Performance/Price Value: 5/5

Pros:
• Good size and shape that improved ergonomic
• Beautiful RGB lighting and stylish design
• 2 years warranty
• Top Grade Omron switches
• Versatile, suitable for wide range of game genres
• High quality Teflon mouse feet

Cons:
• Complicated CPI switching
• Not so “upgraded” optical sensor as proclaimed
• Stiff braided cable

BigSaver
post Oct 12 2016, 01:12 PM

v(^_^)V
1,029 posts

QUOTE(miadidas93 @ Oct 11 2016, 10:38 AM)

Conclusion

With the release of the Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0, Armaggeddon is still in the game competing with other brands in the gaming peripherals industry. With this RGB gaming mouse priced at RM 119 that are RM50 cheaper that its predecessor, it is a good choice for gamers that are on a budget. What did they get for paying for such a budget friendly RGB gaming mouse you asked? Well, a simple but very stylish design, RGB light strip that outline the whole shape of the mouse with good ergonomic for long hours of usage with the addition of top quality durable Omron switches. Sure, the so called upgraded Avago ADNS 3050 Optical sensor will be a let down for gamers that prefer their mouse sensitivity to be above 2000 CPI but with that price tag, that is not a big deal breaker for me. Software are very simple and straightforward to use thus overall the Sro-5 Havoc III Ver 2.0 gaming mouse is a very versatile gaming mouse suitable for wide range of game genres with a very attractive price.

Performance: 5/5
Materials: 4/5
Appearance: 5/5
Specification: 4/5
Performance/Price Value: 5/5

Pros:
• Good size and shape that improved ergonomic
• Beautiful RGB lighting and stylish design
• 2 years warranty
• Top Grade Omron switches
• Versatile, suitable for wide range of game genres
• High quality Teflon mouse feet

Cons:
• Complicated CPI switching
• Not so “upgraded” optical sensor as proclaimed
• Stiff braided cable

Any recommendation between previous or this V2.0 version? notworthy.gif
TSmiadidas93
post Oct 12 2016, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(BigSaver @ Oct 12 2016, 01:12 PM)
Any recommendation between previous or this V2.0 version? notworthy.gif
For me, due to the new sensor..i still prefer the older version..But the price has been cut off quite a lot too for rm50 for this new version so If you're on a budget and dont really game at high sensitivity..This new version is better.. biggrin.gif
BigSaver
post Oct 12 2016, 04:48 PM

v(^_^)V
1,029 posts

QUOTE(miadidas93 @ Oct 12 2016, 01:58 PM)
For me, due to the new sensor..i still prefer the older version..But the price has been cut off quite a lot too for rm50 for this new version so If you're on a budget and dont really game at high sensitivity..This new version is better..  biggrin.gif
Thanks thumbsup.gif . I believe you must be using the older version for quite some time, right? any double click issue?

My G402 already start showing double click symptom and not even 1 year old vmad.gif
TSmiadidas93
post Oct 12 2016, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(BigSaver @ Oct 12 2016, 04:48 PM)
Thanks :thumbsup: . I believe you must be using the older version for quite some time, right? any double click issue?

My G402 already start showing double click symptom and not even 1 year old vmad.gif
For Just a few months..with casual and less heavy gaming usage.. so far so good..I have no doubles clicking issue yet with the older version..
naz21st
post Oct 12 2016, 06:23 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

how to properly install this mouse software in windows 10? i can't find the right software i think.. "gaming mouse not detected" notification pops out whenever i run the software.
TSmiadidas93
post Oct 12 2016, 08:33 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(naz21st @ Oct 12 2016, 06:23 PM)
how to properly install this mouse software in windows 10? i can't find the right software i think.. "gaming mouse not detected" notification pops out whenever i run the software.
The mouse have specific software for havoc III ver 2.0. Click this product link ( http://leapfroglobal.com/amg/sro-5-havoc-iii-ver2-0.html) and go to support..and then download option.. and search for "Sro-5 Havoc III ver 2.0".

This post has been edited by miadidas93: Oct 12 2016, 08:34 PM
Ronin_Amin
post Jan 8 2017, 02:39 PM

Casual
484 posts

Hi. Just got this mouse, seems like settings from the software are resetting every time I restart the pc. Is this the same for you or am I doing something wrong?
LittleYuki
post Feb 13 2017, 09:01 AM

11 posts

Hello, have you used any SteelSeries/ Razer Product?

How does this feels compared to the other two brand?

TSmiadidas93
post Feb 14 2017, 12:27 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(Ronin_Amin @ Jan 8 2017, 02:39 PM)
Hi. Just got this mouse, seems like settings from the software are resetting every time I restart the pc. Is this the same for you or am I doing something wrong?
Hi..there's nothing wrong with my software when I'm using this mouse.. maybe there are some setting that you overlook while saving it..
TSmiadidas93
post Feb 14 2017, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(LittleYuki @ Feb 13 2017, 09:01 AM)
Hello, have you used any SteelSeries/ Razer Product?

How does this feels compared to the other two brand?
Hi, I did tried some of Razer product which is the old DeathAdder that have quite a similar shape to this mouse, in term of the feels this mouse is quite nice.. i mean for half of the price it feels almost the same of using the overpriced Razer mouse..haha..but in term of software..I think the premium brand still have a more developed software..just my 2cents. cheers. biggrin.gif
LittleYuki
post Feb 15 2017, 09:25 AM

11 posts

Its true that razer's softwares are more well developed
but quite complicated to use at times.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 PM