Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

32 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

100,000 electric vehicle on our road by 2030?, Lofty goal or achievable?

views

Eternalgl0ry
post Dec 10 2017, 11:01 PM

Casual
447 posts

All the things say are only theory.

Not everyone willing to spend money on defect batteries unless the carmaker will promise a full replacement forever
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 10 2017, 11:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Dec 10 2017, 09:03 PM)
I mentioned about lack of lithium supply before, add to the fact that the semi processed lithium cells are now starting to be lacking in supply, double whammy to the situation  sweat.gif
I recall not long a ago many experts also said crude oil will deplete by 2040.

Power broker talk , now mining broker talk.some fear are just overblown , happened all the time

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 10 2017, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(Eternalgl0ry @ Dec 10 2017, 11:01 PM)
All the things say are only theory.

Not everyone willing to spend money on defect batteries unless the carmaker will promise a full replacement forever
No one can promise full replacement forever, you buy ice car now, what can be fully replaced forever?
wkc5657
post Dec 11 2017, 09:42 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Dec 10 2017, 11:55 PM)
I recall not long a ago many experts also said crude oil will deplete by 2040.

Power broker talk , now mining broker talk.some fear are just overblown , happened all the time
Crude oil by conventional mining methods may deplete by mid century, but refinement of fracking and oil sands processing at reasonable costs provided a new source of supply.

Applying the same situation, either a new more abundant and simpler material can be found, the lack will be there. The lithium supply is much more acute, as the near and mid term demand shot up exponentially (presuming that the EV push materialise meaningfully). mines and processing plants take time to be up and running; crude oil extraction has been around for much longer and the demand/supply volatility is much more moderate.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 11 2017, 11:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Dec 11 2017, 09:42 AM)
Crude oil by conventional mining methods may deplete by mid century, but refinement of fracking and oil sands processing at reasonable costs provided a new source of supply.

Applying the same situation, either a new more abundant and simpler material can be found, the lack will be there. The lithium supply is much more acute, as the near and mid term demand shot up exponentially (presuming that the EV push materialise meaningfully). mines and processing plants take time to be up and running; crude oil extraction has been around for much longer and the demand/supply volatility is much more moderate.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&...9MFDNHS&cf=1

We have a history of over 100 years predicting crude oil depletion wrongly

I doubt we are getting any better predicting the various minerals and rare earth. Also your first link is according to a s. Korean source, S. Korean is complaining but why?

https://www.curbed.com/2017/12/6/16743236/h...on-batter-tesla

Is it not a case of competitor blaming another for their slow progress?

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Dec 11 2017, 11:25 AM
Ginny88
post Dec 12 2017, 12:39 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(charlescheesepie @ Dec 12 2017, 12:33 PM)
why u need 400km range ? the majority of urban dwellers dont drive more than 50km daily and can recharge when they sleep.

oh wait u need to travel to singapore or penang ? then use another car in your household. or maybe u are not aware that the typical middle-class landed home has average of 3-4 cars ?
Because I don't want to plan my lifestyle around the range of my car and when and where I can charge it. If it is meant to be a car for town run around only then it should be priced like one. Why pay more for less? Get it?
Ginny88
post Dec 12 2017, 01:00 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(charlescheesepie @ Dec 12 2017, 12:42 PM)
you you you. you think you speak for the majority of malaysia middle and upper class consumers ?

frankly speaking you should venture out of your low cost apartment sometime. try going to Middle class neighbourhoods where each house has 3-4 cars.
is your mind so closeted that you can't imagine 1 out of those 3-4 cars being an EV?
Yes, I'm aware many middle class families have more than one car. In fact my brother has 4 cars - one for himself, his wife and 2 working children. In your limited mind do you realize that each car is owned and driven by one person? Of course they can share but only to a limited extent. It's their personal possession, not a car pool for goodness sake. How embarrassing to have to depend on others to overcome the limitation of your expensive EV.

You also failed to answer my question. Why pay more for less? Not everybody is rich enough to be tree huggers.

zweimmk
post Dec 12 2017, 01:06 PM

On my way
512 posts

As a personal opinion, I might have stated this earlier, but I do not think EV batteries is the right direction forward. We are still trading one evil for another, okay - so maybe the pollution may be less but it doesn't solve the core problem altogether.

Remember, the batteries still come at the expense of the environment, it may or may not be as damaging as crude oil but the fact of the matter is that it doesn't eliminates pollution or environmental consequences altogether.

I don't know what the solution is, but I think more needs to be done in researching and developing a different clean energy source.

This post has been edited by zweimmk: Dec 12 2017, 01:06 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 12 2017, 05:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Vehicle-...cy--142007.html

Just to show how businesses in car servicing fear and try to instil some unfair tactics against EV

Don't they know the only way they can survive is to adapt to the change ? e.g. get software engineers on board.

Market will determine what it really wants and the news is EV Will gain popularity faster than most would think .

Those that stick to their old way, do so at their own peril.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 12 2017, 06:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/inve...ectric-vehicles

Investing idea: Betting on the rise of electric vehicles
@theedgemarkets.com

December 11, 2017 11:30 am +

Sounds like a good idea. May be such investment will help fund your purchase of EV easily in years to come?

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 13 2017, 07:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/tech...1211-story.html

Because EV require so little maintenance, auto mechanics businesses is at Risk.

News from USA
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 13 2017, 08:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asean/1376...es-in-indonesia

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industr...use-of-evs.html

Mitsubishi teams-up with Indonesia to promote domestic use of EVs

Eric Tipan | Mitsubishi
December 12, 2017 11:49
Indonesia studying electric vehicle use to reduce CO2 emissions
Indonesia is hitting two birds with one stone, or rather the three-diamond emblem after the government signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Mitsubishi Motors Corporation that pushes light-years forward the local automotive manufacturing industry while also strengthening its strategy to lower tailpipe emissions.

Mitsubishi, which already manufactures the Montero Sport and a few other in Indonesia, will work with the government to promote the use of electric vehicles in the country while also increasing its availability in the market.

This falls directly in line with the Indonesian government’s plan to reduce CO2 emissions while also ‘exploring the potential for new policies and incentive programs’ in order to make EVs price-friendly for buyers and cost-effective more automakers to produce locally.

Mitsubishi teams-up with Indonesia to promote domestic use of EVs

Part of the agreement is for Mitsubishi to immediately provide to Indonesia’s Ministry of Industry and a range of other organizations, including national universities and research institutes 10 electric vehicles and four charging units

A joint study will then be made by both Mitsubishi and the Indonesian government on the effects of EV use in the country.

"This Memorandum of Understanding is a vote of confidence by the Indonesian Government in the electric technologies of Mitsubishi Motors. At the same time, this announcement demonstrates the importance that Mitsubishi Motors places on Indonesia in our plans for future growth. We are pleased to be playing our part in helping to reduce emissions in Indonesia and in supporting its transition to a low carbon economy." said Osamu Masuko, Mitsubishi Motors' Chief Executive.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 13 2017, 09:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

The little known fact

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/...er-supplies/amp

Could be a good idea for Indonesia! Could even work for East Malaysia where both shared heavy reliance on diesel generator for power needs.
Lone Wolf X
post Dec 14 2017, 07:44 PM

On my way
629 posts

Tesla Vehicle Lineup Info Graphic
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 18 2017, 07:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/20...e/#21bb6e2f2466

IpohLad
post Dec 18 2017, 07:50 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Dec 18 2017, 12:09 AM)
The soon to be ex-giant is wake up. This article just to show Toyota just focus on "profit only" mentality. Luckily even a big giant like Toyota can't even figuring out how to make fuel cell feasible just to show that fuel cell have little or no future for small vehicles.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 18 2017, 04:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,277 posts

QUOTE(IpohLad @ Dec 18 2017, 07:50 AM)
The soon to be ex-giant is wake up. This article just to show Toyota just focus on "profit only" mentality. Luckily even a big giant like Toyota can't even figuring out how to make fuel cell feasible just to show that fuel cell have little or no future for small vehicles.
http://europe.autonews.com/article/2017121...noreUserAgent=1

Toyota to roll out more than 10 EVs by early 2020s

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

And once it has woken up....It wants to shatter the ground and make sure you pay notice!

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Dec 18 2017, 05:39 PM
Lone Wolf X
post Dec 20 2017, 03:18 PM

On my way
629 posts

What Needs to Happen Before Electric Cars Take Over the World
Electric vehicles have only a tiny market share, but the auto industry is betting billions that they will soon be as cheap as conventional cars.
By Jack Ewing Dec. 18, 2017

A good read to get an overview of EV thumbsup.gif
SUSadvocado
post Dec 20 2017, 04:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

If BN decides to refresh their whole fleet of official cars 100k electric car by 2020 is actually possible.

If just rely on private owners maybe 2030.
SUSadvocado
post Dec 20 2017, 04:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,948 posts

QUOTE(Lone Wolf X @ Dec 20 2017, 03:18 PM)
What Needs to Happen Before Electric Cars Take Over the World
Electric vehicles have only a tiny market share, but the auto industry is betting billions that they will soon be as cheap as conventional cars.
By Jack Ewing Dec. 18, 2017

A good read to get an overview of EV  thumbsup.gif
Main problem is Battery issue. Charging stations issues can be implemented if they really want.

if run out of petrol can just go nearest petrol pump to pump, need 5 minutes.

if run out of charge, need to wait for few hours to charge.

even mobile phone people still find it a hassle to charge til they get portable chargers. unless portable car battery charger can be purchased cheap and charge while driving, it's still a problem.

battery manufacturing & replacement also as environment friendly as petrol vehicles, or even more toxic.

32 Pages « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 PM