Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Graphic Designer Market in Penang, Designer Market in Penang

views

TSJaneChong69
post Oct 5 2016, 09:10 PM, updated 8y ago

2 posts

Guys, I wanna know bout designer market in penang. I from sabah, and sabah designer market are lousy, so I'm planning on going to penang.
Anyone can share your story and experience with me.
danieln
post Oct 5 2016, 09:12 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

what type of designer?

web graphic? printing media? product design?

it really depends on your skills
TSJaneChong69
post Oct 5 2016, 09:32 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(danieln @ Oct 5 2016, 09:12 PM)
what type of designer?

web graphic? printing media? product design?

it really depends on your skills
i mean graphic designer, but now most of them are multitask in order to survive
mowlous
post Oct 6 2016, 01:40 AM

Casual
492 posts

Unfortunately I don't think its easy here either .... you are expected to be god like in a lot of software and willing to work for penny even with experience.
NeoMnemonic
post Oct 7 2016, 02:01 PM

Enthusiast
760 posts

Graphic designers are going downhill in Malaysia. You have to upgrade yourself to the market needs, like UI/UX designers, mobile web designers and so on.
Studio15
post Feb 21 2017, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(JaneChong69 @ Oct 5 2016, 09:10 PM)
Guys, I wanna know bout designer market in penang. I from sabah, and sabah designer market are lousy, so I'm planning on going to penang.
Anyone can share your story and experience with me.
Still lousy as ever. I am based in Penang btw. If you want higher paying salary jobs, maybe KL or oversea like Singapore. But generally speaking, graphic designers will have a hard time earning decent money, you may need to pick up new skills to blend in with what the market wants nowadays.
limfreelance
post Mar 2 2017, 08:17 AM

Casual
335 posts

Singapore only offer sg1400-1500. actual salary . While the jobstreet said sg 2000-2200.... Mostly in sg printing factory.... U need to work ot. So your paid maybe can reach 2k sg. Living cost min 800sg. Still got some offer from job Street. Good luck.
s7ran9er
post Mar 2 2017, 01:24 PM

ლ(;◉;益;◉;ლ)
4,210 posts

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Feb 21 2017, 02:24 PM)
Still lousy as ever. I am based in Penang btw. If you want higher paying salary jobs, maybe KL or oversea like Singapore. But generally speaking, graphic designers will have a hard time earning decent money, you may need to pick up new skills to blend in with what the market wants nowadays.
I generally do branding but there are some other things I learnt and do while doing brand design: web design, motion graphic, 3D, graphic design, photo manipulations, photography, video... basically multimedia. thumbsup.gif
MysticShadow
post Mar 3 2017, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

If you're just relying on skills to create graphics for people/organisations, then it's a competitive market anywhere in Malaysia. But if you're art directing or ideating then it's a different range. smile.gif

All jobs now require a person to be skilled in areas that overlap with the main skill and the more skilled we are, the better we also understand the other aspects of a project and we can improve our own work based on how this understanding. smile.gif Eg: when creating graphics, we think of the target audience and what styling would best attract this group.

This post has been edited by MysticShadow: Mar 3 2017, 12:28 PM
ChannelChan
post Mar 8 2017, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
198 posts

im a graphic designer , may i know where can i learn UI/UX to improve myself

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 PM