Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Official arrives in Malaysia! Aug 2022!

views

The1stHumanBeing
post Nov 16 2021, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

So does MY Wise card have Apple Pay or not?

Or should I sign up for SG Wise card for Apple Pay?
The1stHumanBeing
post Nov 16 2021, 09:44 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

I see, if I do apply for SG Wise card; I use my actual address but leave out residence as SG. Apply and use Maybank or CIMB SG to verify the account right?

The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 2 2021, 11:52 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(creep @ Dec 2 2021, 07:43 PM)
Apple pay most probaly launch next year ….phase 1 testing this week for card users (m’sian top bank) …not sure for other bank
QUOTE(creep @ Dec 2 2021, 09:07 PM)
ok just completed my part for this project ….launch date shld be mid December this year or latest by 5th january2022 ….only 1 bank involved
Around 7:40 PM you say Phase 1 testing for card users; what type of card credit, debit, prepaid or charge?
M'sian top bank, Harimau or some other bank?
More details would be nice biggrin.gif

Around 9:10PM you say your part of the project is done and launch date is mid December or latest by 5th January 2022;
How long have the banks been testing Apple Pay; for you to confidently say it would launch in mid December or latest by 5th January 2022?
If they still need testing, is it possible I can be one of the testers?
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 7 2021, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Dec 7 2021, 10:37 AM)
Positive responses wink.gif
Positive what, COVID, HIV, feelings??
Please share lah, anything that you can publicly disclose.
We really hope this is the real deal. biggrin.gif
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 7 2021, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ Dec 7 2021, 07:08 PM)
Delay to Q1 next year. Some B*M ppl kakacaucau...

Like what creep said, testing is on going and there will pilot testing in one of the coffee chain also. No more wolf story.
This must be legit if you're saying it's no more wolf story.
Pilot testing in what coffee chain? hmm.gif

The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 8 2021, 02:12 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(wjleong15 @ Dec 8 2021, 10:25 AM)
wise card malaysia is not supported apply pay despite card issued by jp morgan chase
sad...
Hey, you don’t mind asking them if Apple Pay came out tomorrow in Malaysia, how long will it take them to implement. Since last you quoted them saying they would support once it exists in Malaysia.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 8 2021, 04:30 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(wjleong15 @ Dec 8 2021, 04:12 PM)
bila I quoted them?
you recognize the wrong person lah
doh.gif
Oh lmao 😂
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 8 2021, 08:40 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(Addword @ Nov 20 2021, 12:19 AM)
no apple pay for Malaysia-issued Wise card yet unfortunately. Actually asked the customer support, they said will support once applepay exist in Malaysia.
Hey, is it possible for you to ask them; if Apple Pay was enabled tomorrow, how long will it take for them to implement.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 9 2021, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(@POTUS @ Dec 9 2021, 12:04 PM)
Yeah, i got a feeling such thing will repeat
I also feel the same; hope they are able to rollout soon

QUOTE(creep @ Dec 3 2021, 12:11 PM)
All new products/apps will go through my team ….they started UAT testing last month, yesterday only my team do the prod part ….one of the dev team said mid dec rollout the project, if anything she’ll inform me …..internal project so no outsider test ….cards services so all debit & credit card …i saw Shell also so maybe got some new services with Shell like Petronas Setel
This is what Creep previously mentioned
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 10 2021, 08:01 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ Dec 10 2021, 07:11 PM)
We wanted the entire chain but the feedback from them wasn’t positive. So maybe 1 outlet at the building only lor..

Why was the feedback not so positive, test terminals often fail to approve transaction, coffee chain cashier uninformed how NFC payments work?

The showstopper is actually at b*m. We are treating it like a card but they treat it like an e-wallet with transaction limit, so a lot of back and forth emails.
Shouldn’t Apple Pay be not so different from Samsung Pay; which they approved years ago. Why B*M don’t know how NFC payments work?

So many questions, very few answers. Please update us once they respond.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 13 2021, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(@POTUS @ Dec 13 2021, 05:20 PM)
Dont pushy pushy la, it is out of his control, creep launch tomorrow?😂
Not to be pessimistic, but from the sounds of the other commenters on this forum, it looks like more of a Q1 2022 release. creep please update us 😃
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 13 2021, 08:36 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(me076310 @ Dec 13 2021, 07:27 PM)
I’m gonna put my reputation in this forum on the line, the Apple Pay will launch in Malaysia in January 2022, possibly with the iOS 15.2 update.
me076310
What evidence can you give us; that makes you feel confident to say that Apple Pay would be released by January 2022. From the other commentators, it sounds like it would be Q1 2022 or even later release.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 14 2021, 07:35 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Dec 14 2021, 07:22 PM)
[attachmentid=11058692]
Someone in a Apple Watch group (MY based, private group) is claiming his MY Wise account can add virtual card into his Apple Wallet (chg to SG region) but I doubt it’s possible. Those with MY based (since day 1 signed up using MY documents and never changed Wise account address country before), can you confirm that if you change to SG region on iPhone, can the virtual be added to Apple Wallet?
Believe me, I tried adding Wise physical card (green colour) & Wise virtual card (blue colour like shown above) into Apple Pay. It’s a Malaysian account and Malaysian issued cards; I couldn’t add it to Apple Pay (even if the region is set to SG in settings). It’s likely fake or the owner had originally registered as a non Malaysian account with non Malaysian issued card then converted to a Malaysian account but didn’t remove the card details from their iCloud account.

To keep it short, the last four digits on the Apple Watch is 6612 while on the Public Bank receipt is 1903. So it’s safe to say it’s fake.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 14 2021, 08:46 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(haruto @ Dec 14 2021, 08:25 PM)
No, the picture is not fake. Your receipt won't show your card's last four digits, and this is how Apple Pay works to protect your privacy~
You can refer to the picture below, which I found on the Apple Community website.

and here is the original site for your reference: discussions.apple.com/thread/7736096
Yeah my bad there but I checked Apple and Wise’s website. Neither listed Malaysia as an Apple Pay supported country.

Even Wise’s Malaysian website never explicitly says they support Apple Pay for Malaysian issued cards.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 15 2021, 02:12 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(me076310 @ Dec 13 2021, 07:27 PM)
I’m gonna put my reputation in this forum on the line, the Apple Pay will launch in Malaysia in January 2022, possibly with the iOS 15.2 update.
iOS 15.2 has been officially released to the public on 14th December 2021. Still no Apple Pay support; what makes you confident that it would be released by January 2022? me076310

QUOTE(creep @ Dec 13 2021, 10:27 PM)
I’m on long leave already, 20th only coming back …email also lazy to open since going for holiday …maybe during 2moro virtual event i’ll ask the dev side
QUOTE(driftmeister @ Dec 14 2021, 10:46 AM)
today got meeting with b*m again arrrrr
We hope to get some updates from creep & driftmeister soon; regarding the progress of Apple Pay's release in Malaysia.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 15 2021, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(youngwolf2k @ Dec 15 2021, 02:25 PM)
I followed his instructions and it actually did WORK for me.

The steps are a bit tedious to be honest, of which he did not describe in full in the thread (which is why it can be misleading).

On the issue of the last four digits on the transaction slip - my Apple Watch and iPhone XS provides different last four digits although linked to the same Wise virtual account when used at Family Mart... and as clarified above, it is not fake.

p/s: The green physical card can't be added to Apple Pay/Wallet, only the SG virtual card can be added to Apple Pay/Wallet.
Yes, I now understand regarding the different last 4 digits on the virtual blue Wise card and the Public Bank Receipt as a previous commenter explained. However, if you were already registered as a Wise SG account, shouldn't you be able to add the physical & virtual card (green & blue).

https: //youtu.be/HuIS-IrwIIQ

https: //youtu.be/DgB3Ndr2XZU

https: //youtu.be/vfl_5J9LPH8

Could you please explain if you were already registered as a SG Wise account in the first place, why couldn't you add your physical card like shown in the videos?
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 15 2021, 03:12 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(amoxacilin @ Dec 15 2021, 02:42 PM)
For me (virtual card), I just use my Malaysia address, but the region is set to Singapore. For verification, i just use my bank statement which showing the same address. And it got verified instantly. Just need to topup SGD30 to get the card details and add to Apple Pay
I'm a bit confused, I remember last time these types of accounts would get rejected or terminated as the info would be incorrect. So I don't need to go through the tedious process of opening a CIMB SG account like shown in the video below?

https: //youtu.be/4FJp5KcsYaQ
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 16 2021, 01:03 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(seed80 @ Dec 15 2021, 11:42 PM)
Hey guys... so i saw the post on Apple Watch Club Malaysia and thought i'd try it out, and it worked. i now have the Wise Virtual Card on my Apple Pay Wallet. for those who want to try it out, here are the steps:
1) download Wise app on Malaysian Appstore
2) register using Malaysian address, IC and selfie.
3) top-up RM101 using bank transfer , apply for physical card
4) wait a few minutes to be verified (estimate date of arrival of physical card will be available)
5) click on the three dots on top right and access settings, change Country under Personal details to Singapore.
6) exit Wise app
7) change iphone region to singapore
8) open Wise app and swipe left on the green card and apply for the purple virtual card. Only apply for virtual card once country in Wise settings and iphone region is changed to Singpore.
9) upload Selfie holding Mykad and TNB bill showing same address as in step 2.
10) wait a few minutes until these documents are verified (i had to reupload my TNB bill 3 times coz they kept on saying not clear/cropped) so if u are not verified at this stage keep trying, make sure Month of bill and Address is clear.
11) once verified, click on "add to Apple Wallet"
Now there is a drawback to this method. once all the above is done and the wise card is successfully added to Apple Pay Wallet, i noticed that the Country column in Wise settings is locked to singapore and no longer changeable. so, adding money to the Wise account is in SGD. there will be currency change according to their own rate and service fee to top up. I've contacted Wise CS to request to change country back to malaysia, not sure if once country is changed the virtual card will still be linked to the apple pay wallet and if i can still use it.

Will update once i manage to change the country back to Malaysia.
Firstly, I appreciate you taking the time to type a step by step guide to get Apple Pay in Malaysia. Your explanation is clear and on point, so you verify your account with the usual Malaysian address, IC with Selfie and verification (basically signing up like a MY Wise account); but then change your country to Singapore on Wise's app. Then verify again with your IC & proof of address (TNB bill or Malaysian Bank Statement; converting your MY Wise account to a SG Wise account). As you mentioned, once you changed from MY to SG, it's irreversible and requires Wise's CS to manually change it for you.

My suggestion if you would go for this method is to top-up your account with another remittance service like BigPay which charge only RM5 per transaction or open a Maybank/CIMB SG account for easier top up. Nevertheless, this is quite a tedious method just to have the privilege to flex your Apple Pay, but I remember other commenters still having their Wise card (Green physical card) available to their MY Wise account as they saved the card on iCloud before Wise switched their foreign Wise account to a MY Wise account. I haven't so far heard any cases of people saving their blue virtual Wise Card via iCloud yet; so hope yours is the same case as the others.

Please update us once Wise's CS switch you back to a MY Wise account. nod.gif
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 16 2021, 10:56 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Dec 16 2021, 09:24 AM)
user posted image
It’s not blue. It’s purple. Just so u know. ✌️
user posted image

It’s more Lilac or Ceil colour; but the point is that we are yet to get any updates from the B*M meeting.
The1stHumanBeing
post Dec 16 2021, 02:33 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(Barricade @ Dec 16 2021, 02:08 PM)
I don't understand you guys.... all these trouble and extra expenses for what? To impress the person you don't know queuing behind you?
I also agree, that’s why I’m waiting for the local banks to release it. But you know lah Malaysia, always delay like your MRT2.

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:02 PM