Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Public holiday, Do take advantage of extended holiday tr

views

TSandylim2000
post Sep 28 2016, 03:29 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
246 posts

Being a Malaysia, we are blessed by many public holidays and state declared holiday. Are you up to plans to travel and by taking advantage of extended Malaysia holiday to travel abroad or cuti-cuti Malaysia? Lets discuss this here. In terms of :-

1. planning (ad-hoc or plan ahead 3 to 6 months) thumbup.gif

2. solo traveller (back-packers, hitch-hicker, explore) bff traveller, family travel icon_idea.gif

3. type of travel (city-life, shopper, night-life, nature-explorer, historian-museum lover, beaches, hiking, diving spot, ski, four-seasons lover or just travel junkie) icon_rolleyes.gif

4. what motivates you to step out (stress reliever, cheap flights promo, free accomodations, place of interests, inspiration, soul searching etc.) hmm.gif

5. add your ideas/open to more suggestions rclxms.gif

So who is excited for this weekend holiday coming, 1st/Oct/2016 till 3rd/Oct/2016 where are you travelling? rclxm9.gif
wyen
post Oct 7 2016, 05:16 PM

Casual
492 posts

Just got back from bangkok from 3 to 6 October. biggrin.gif

Yeah being a Malaysian we are blessed with holidays and also I have 24 Annual leaves from my company. 21 annual leaves, 1 birthday leave and 2 diversity leaves (1 day before cny and wesak day)

Going for 5 trips next year utilizing holidays and also to complete my ASEAN trip smile.gif

Feb (cny + kl day) - 8 days for Myanmar going backpacking with friends. Tix priced rm300++. Reason: exotic country with beautiful temples especially bagan.

April - boracay 5days with friends. Perhaps splurge a bit since bonus out tat time biggrin.gif also perfect month for summer in Philippines. Tix rm300++

May - Melbourne for 8 days. Taking 3 annual leaves only since falls on wesak day and diversity leave. Solo trip or maybe couch surfing. Tix priced about rm900++ promo tat time including all.

July - Borneo trip for 7days. Brunei-Sabah-Sarawak. Solo trip. Rm 130++ for kl-Brunei and kk-Kuching. Haven't buy Kch-kl tix yet. Reason. Nvr been to Sabah before even though studied in Kuching for 3 years uni. Take this opportunity to explore Brunei and beautiful sea of Sabah. Meet up uni frens in Sarawak and couch surfer in Sabah.

Sep - Luang Prabang. Laos for5day. Tix were cheap since newly launched rm100 return. Reason:unesco places and this is the last ASEAN country to complete!

Oct/nov - maybe korea for autumn...

Mostly all cheap tix from air asia I grabbed it 1 year in advance free seats. If I travel solo I will stay in dorm guesthouse cos from there I can meet a lot of friends! Great experience ! My best solo backpacking was back dec 2014 for Christmas in Philippines for2 weeks! Usually I take together with public holidays and research which best mth to go. What I have learnt from solo backpacking was it really changed me. Try it....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.11    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:23 AM