101 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Travel Bangkok V5, Of tuktuks and tomyams

views

sonotme
post Jun 30 2019, 02:07 AM

Regular
1,523 posts

any recommendation on place to stay near pratunam? budget less than RM200/night (more can consider brows.gif )
Going this end of July.
cocoberry
post Jul 1 2019, 01:29 AM

0 posts

https://www.malaysiatravelforum.com.my/foru...luesky-thailand

Maybe you can click the above link and see it..its a nice place, very beautiful in the pictures.
ckuanglim
post Jul 1 2019, 12:45 PM

On my way
590 posts

I went to Hua Hin on 19-22 June, only 2 person. AirAsia direct flight from KL to Hua Hin, only 1 flight per day. Was RM168 for return tickets. Hua Hin Airport is very small, only this AirAsia international flight. Even local flight also I don't see any.

Day-1
Arrived in Hua Hin Airport at 11.20am. Rent a Toyota Yaris 1.2 auto at 1000 baht per day (total 3000 baht) from Easy Car Rental. I pre-booked the car, and pick-up at airport.
Lunch at Baan Itsara. Beachfront, and the special are seafood with basil leaf.
Check-in Sea-Cret Garden around 3pm. Very very nice villa.
About 7.30pm, Hua Hin Night Market for dinner. We ate lobster in KO Seafood restaurant, 1500 baht per kg. And other street food, including "rotee" (banana pancake), etc...
Visit Chatsila Night Market, which is next to Hua Hin Night Market. Food, neck & shoulder massage 1 hour, 180 baht.

Day-2
Apply sunscreen before go out!
1000 Sook Food and Farm for brunch. The food is good.
Santorini Park. Camel Republic. Not many people due to low season and weekend. Place for photo, and for kids.
Seenspace, a beachfront mall, a lot of younger people. Oasis restaurant, with a infinity pool next to the beach. Great view.
Then, Plearnwan Market. We were very tire by this time, just take a walk, then back to hotel.
Dinner ~9.30pm in Baan Khun Por Food Market.
Then we went for body massage near Hua Hin Night Market.

Day-3
10am Monsoon Valley Vineyard, for wine tasting and breakfast. Yes, a vineyard in Thailand. Vineyard is in Hua Hin, but their winery is in Bangkok.
Wat Huay Mongkol, for a fast stop because it's on the way back.
Stop by a roadside stall selling coconut water. Only 15 baht each coconut.
Back hotel, rest (because it's too hot outside). Enjoy the pool which is 1 step in-front of our villa. And enjoy the jacuzzi in our room.
For dinner, we went to Tamarind Night Market. Too many variety of food to choose, all very nice. Then Cicada Night Market, which is side-by-side.
Massage again, at a random shop nearby. 250 baht for 1 hour body massage.

Day-4
Spent some more time relax in the hotel.
Drive up Khao Hin Lek Fai Viewpoint for the great view of Hua Hin town and beach from the mountain. No need hiking, just drive up.
Lunch in Seng Thai Seafood restaurant. Beachfront.
We received the car in first day with full tank, and so we need to refill it full. 510 baht for fuel for my whole trip. Then go airport and return the car.
Flight back to KL is 3.10pm.

This post has been edited by ckuanglim: Jul 1 2019, 12:50 PM
kkm
post Jul 1 2019, 04:44 PM

Regular
1,192 posts

For those who have been, what are your views on renting a car in Bangkok? Any issues with navigation? Parking? Other issues?
MR_alien
post Jul 2 2019, 09:13 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,301 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Jul 1 2019, 04:44 PM)
For those who have been, what are your views on renting a car in Bangkok? Any issues with navigation? Parking? Other issues?
bangkok is jam
why would u drive a car there?...take their BTS, much more efficient
kkm
post Jul 2 2019, 02:24 PM

Regular
1,192 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Jul 2 2019, 09:13 AM)
bangkok is jam
why would u drive a car there?...take their BTS, much more efficient
Thanks. I'm going in August, group of 5, exploring the options. Taxi or Grab will be 2 vehicles.
MR_alien
post Jul 2 2019, 02:28 PM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,301 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Jul 2 2019, 02:24 PM)
Thanks. I'm going in August, group of 5, exploring the options. Taxi or Grab will be 2 vehicles.
it really depends where u all planned to go
if all are within the reach of BTS, just use BTS
the price might not be that much difference
but u saved alot of time stuck in jam
bartbarb
post Jul 2 2019, 02:28 PM

Casual
391 posts

hi, I'm going with 4 pax people(2 will be baby below 3 years old) from bangkok to khao yai.
May i know would it be better to rent a car or hire a tour driver?
Any recommendation for both?

Thanks
lifenoregret
post Jul 2 2019, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(kkm @ Jul 1 2019, 04:44 PM)
Car is best when you travel during non-peak season / hours and travel frequently between bangkok and outskirt bangkok, else stick to public transport the best
bartbarb
post Jul 2 2019, 03:00 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(lifenoregret @ Jul 2 2019, 02:49 PM)
Car is best when you travel during non-peak season / hours and travel frequently between bangkok and outskirt bangkok, else stick to public transport the best
I don't think there will be any public transport within khao yai though.
The time i go i think should be peak season, from end of november to early december.
Any recommended car rental company?

vince01
post Jul 4 2019, 03:46 PM

38 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Jun 10 2019, 05:52 PM)
November is good time to go,  not too hot and maybe cool if you're lucky.
Tripcanvas has a suggested 4d3n itinerary. Maybe check that one out.
If you stick to the shopping malls strollers shouldn't be a problem.  But for the other attractions,  be prepared to baby carrier the fella. Travelling on the bts and mrt should'nt be a problem as there is elevators. Boats might be more dicey.
Places like coffee shops like Prakchak roast duck noodles are on the tiny side so you'd need to fold up the stroller on entry.  But other places may be more spacious and the 5 foot way is usually in good condition so strolling shouldn't be a problem. That's why I love walking in bkk because of the great condition of the pavement.
Confirmed our trip in late November. Is Bangkok Safari World and Ocean World (comparable to our Aquaria?) worth to visit since we are bringing our 1 year old toddler on this trip?.

Thanks

dickybird
post Jul 4 2019, 05:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,070 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Jun 30 2019, 02:07 AM)
any recommendation on place to stay near pratunam? budget less than RM200/night (more can consider  brows.gif )
Going this end of July.
I stayed at the Hyde Park hotel just a 10 minute walk from Pratunam. Look it up. Place is new. In early June I stayed in a nice double room for rm 120. The location is like halfway between pratunam and victory monument. The A3 bus can drop you right next to it, by next to it I mean the nearest main road bus stop and from there it is less than a 5 minute walk.
sonotme
post Jul 4 2019, 10:28 PM

Regular
1,523 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Jul 4 2019, 05:45 PM)
I stayed at the Hyde Park hotel just a 10 minute walk from Pratunam. Look it up. Place is new. In early June I stayed in a nice double room for rm 120. The location is like halfway between pratunam and victory monument. The A3 bus can drop you right next to it, by next to it I mean the nearest main road bus stop and from there it is less than a 5 minute walk.
Thanks for the recommendation! But it looks like in Agoda there's mixed reviews.. how was the hotel for you?
dickybird
post Jul 4 2019, 10:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,070 posts

QUOTE(sonotme @ Jul 4 2019, 10:28 PM)
Thanks for the recommendation! But it looks like in Agoda there's mixed reviews.. how was the hotel for you?
The room was fine, it was on the second floor. It had a tiny balcony but not much of a view. Shower and toilet was alright. The bed was comfortable and clean.
The only annoyance was little flies that kept hanging around.
It didn't bother me that much because i was out most of the day and was only back for a rest, shower and sleep.
Soundproofing was good and the ac worked fine.

QUOTE(vince01 @ Jul 4 2019, 03:46 PM)
Confirmed our trip in late November. Is Bangkok Safari World and Ocean World (comparable to our Aquaria?) worth to visit since we are bringing our 1 year old toddler on this trip?.

Thanks
Sorry haven't been to either attractions so i can't say.
cheddar
post Jul 9 2019, 03:39 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

im really need advice to go bkk, this is y first time, family oriented plz. Bangkok's is really big, im planning using using public transport like bts ir tuk tuk, i still cant decide place to booked, either staying in central or at the famous market chatuchak, tq
sj0217
post Jul 9 2019, 05:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,462 posts

QUOTE(cheddar @ Jul 9 2019, 03:39 AM)
im really need advice to go bkk, this is y first time, family oriented plz. Bangkok's is really big, im planning using using public transport like bts ir tuk tuk, i still cant decide place to booked, either staying in central or at the famous market chatuchak, tq
Since first time with family, I would suggest stay at town (Prathuwan) as walkable to all the shopping malls, and I will avoid tuk tuk all the way.

However, if want to experienced then is good to have but not all the way.. haha

You may consider Grab too, sometimes there have promo code which is pretty cheap only.
cheddar
post Jul 10 2019, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

tq, im familiar in southern thailand but never been in their capital, looking places interesingt in the capital. any advice is welcome
tatmeng
post Jul 10 2019, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

QUOTE(cheddar @ Jul 10 2019, 12:49 PM)
tq, im familiar in southern thailand but never been in their capital, looking places interesingt in the capital. any advice is welcome
Maybe more details about your family and budget will help?
How many person?
Got elderly? How old? Need walking aids?
Children, how old? Need stroller?
What type of vacation? Die die need to cover all tourist spots?
Or relax slow slow type, more for family bonding?
How about food?
Elderly and/children can eat street food at roadside or non-air con area or need to eat at air-con restaurant?

cheddar
post Jul 10 2019, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

2 adult, n two kids both below 10 years. im planning using bts as my transportation as well using grab. my vacation duration 4 days 3 night. i still doing my planning such as visiting floating market, visit night markets and malls. my budget is around 5k i think? is it over spending?

just relax and chill out, im not very fussy person but i ve quite hard to find halal food. is it true?

is it hard to find halal food in there? i know that if in street market there is halal sign rite?
drbone
post Jul 11 2019, 03:43 PM

Regular
1,729 posts

Anyone here can share the activities for 4d3n in Bangkok for a young couple with a 14mth old boy?

101 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:22 PM