views

kochin
post Nov 15 2019, 11:48 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

anybody bought the discover seoul pass?
i bought the 72 hours package.
looking at it, logistic quite a nightmare to visit some of the places.
anybody got a well written advice on how to maximise the pass and visit only the best attraction?
my biggest concern is the planning and travelling to each location.
tentatively planning to activate the card on a tuesday noon.
and end it by entering lotte world on friday before noon.
sounds like a plan?
kochin
post Nov 15 2019, 11:49 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

also i notice google map mostly prompt buses instead of the subway. am i missing something here?
does the discover seoul pass comes with free travel or need to top up separately. thanks again.
yiivei
post Nov 15 2019, 01:13 PM

~WooLaLa~
1,933 posts

QUOTE(kochin @ Nov 15 2019, 11:49 AM)
also i notice google map mostly prompt buses instead of the subway. am i missing something here?
does the discover seoul pass comes with free travel or need to top up separately. thanks again.
Adjust on your setting - transport options, unselect bus...
Google maps (in Korea) prioritize on buses over others.
yiivei
post Nov 15 2019, 01:13 PM

~WooLaLa~
1,933 posts

Edited. Double post.

This post has been edited by yiivei: Nov 15 2019, 01:14 PM
ktek
post Nov 18 2019, 07:46 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

arex train & seoul metro & bus use same system, same card.
i read discover pass already include travel fee.

for official tourist attraction & stops,
i have a mini guide took from seoul main station earlier this year. later i attach here see.

or else just watch travel vlogs and note down the hot spots.
Icehart
post Nov 18 2019, 07:51 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

Google Maps prompt the nearest and most convenient way of traveling.
My experience there is that the bus network is more comprehensive compared to the subway.

For example, my hotel Seoul N Hotel from Seoul Station need to go Dongmyeo station and walk for 10 - 15 minutes.
With Bus, it's just 3 minutes top.

And traveling by bus, it's also more convenient because of the free transfer window. Say you want to go to one location but no direct bus, Google Maps will let you know which bus stop to get down and board the next bus. Since you are transferring, there is no charge for boarding the second bus (within 30 minutes).

Some tips for those who are traveling soon - go and visit Korea Tourism Center in KL. They give a free booklet and a free T-money card. The booklet is quite good. Got 10-20% discount coupon for most tourist attractions.

Also, I'll skip most of the palace and just go with the biggest and best. Most palace looks the same to me.

This post has been edited by Icehart: Nov 18 2019, 07:53 PM
touristking
post Nov 18 2019, 08:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

How do u people cover Jeju?

thurtin
post Nov 18 2019, 08:36 PM

Getting Started
277 posts

QUOTE(touristking @ Nov 18 2019, 08:26 PM)
How do u people cover Jeju?
Best way is by renting a car because Jeju is a big island and the places to go are quite far apart. Bus is not that frequent and you will waste a lot of time waiting.
ZzZzz...
post Nov 19 2019, 11:55 AM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Nov 18 2019, 07:51 PM)
Google Maps prompt the nearest and most convenient way of traveling.
My experience there is that the bus network is more comprehensive compared to the subway.

For example, my hotel Seoul N Hotel from Seoul Station need to go Dongmyeo station and walk for 10 - 15 minutes.
With Bus, it's just 3 minutes top.

And traveling by bus, it's also more convenient because of the free transfer window. Say you want to go to one location but no direct bus, Google Maps will let you know which bus stop to get down and board the next bus. Since you are transferring, there is no charge for boarding the second bus (within 30 minutes).

Some tips for those who are traveling soon - go and visit Korea Tourism Center in KL. They give a free booklet and a free T-money card. The booklet is quite good. Got 10-20% discount coupon for most tourist attractions.

Also, I'll skip most of the palace and just go with the biggest and best. Most palace looks the same to me.
hi, any document should i prepare to get the free booklet and a free T-money card when visit Korea Tourism Center in KL?
Icehart
post Nov 19 2019, 12:26 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

QUOTE(ZzZzz... @ Nov 19 2019, 11:55 AM)
hi, any document should i prepare to get the free booklet and a free T-money card when visit Korea Tourism Center in KL?
https://www.visitkorea.com.my/discover-kore...-way-dkyw-2019/

The T-money card is behind the booklet.
ZzZzz...
post Nov 19 2019, 01:57 PM

Art of Sleeping
1,773 posts

QUOTE(Icehart @ Nov 19 2019, 12:26 PM)
thanks sifu ~
ktek
post Nov 20 2019, 05:09 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

me heading on 2nd weekend of december. gotta be freezing

This post has been edited by ktek: Nov 20 2019, 05:09 PM
COOLPINK
post Nov 20 2019, 05:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Nov 20 2019, 05:09 PM)
day time still ok.
night time the temperature can drop below 0.
better be prepared.
ktek
post Nov 20 2019, 05:28 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Nov 20 2019, 05:16 PM)
day time still ok.
night time the temperature can drop below 0.
better be prepared.
buy medium size heat packs
COOLPINK
post Nov 20 2019, 05:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Nov 20 2019, 05:28 PM)
buy medium size heat packs
dun forget basic winter gear - beanie hat, glove, scarf, winter jacket and warm socks.

ken_zie
post Nov 21 2019, 09:27 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

I usually avoided taking local buses because sometimes it can be quite confusing. However, I discovered that the bus network in Korea is very convenient, punctual and with good coverage.
MR_alien
post Nov 21 2019, 10:42 AM

Mr.Alien on the loss
3,300 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Nov 20 2019, 05:09 PM)
december isn't korea's coldest time
january and february is
and i'm going mid of february laugh.gif puke.gif
ktek
post Nov 21 2019, 02:16 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,546 posts

QUOTE(MR_alien @ Nov 21 2019, 10:42 AM)
december isn't korea's coldest time
january and february is
and i'm going mid of february laugh.gif  puke.gif

haha, im glad idalso concert is held earlier before feb.

promote sikit brows.gif

user posted image
ivzh
post Nov 21 2019, 04:19 PM

On my way
665 posts

Hi guys, I m planning for family trip to korea during next year CNY (28/1 – till 4/2/), will travel with my 2 kids (6 years old / 4 years old) and my mother (69 years old), need some suggestion here.
-Mainly to experience winter / snow which they never encounter before
-prefer flexibility while travel with children / elderly, thus unlikely to join trip from klook/kkday
-Night/evening activity depend on the children stamina

Tentative itinerary
28/1 – midnight flight via MAS – reach seoul the next morning
29/1 (wed) – Early Check in Airbnb near Seoul station, Short rest / lunch nearby - Namsan – Seoul tower
Recommend to take the cable car ? or take the bus to seoul tower? Read that to reach the cable car station require quite some walk too.
30/1 (thurs)- Hanbok Rental – should start in Gyeongbok palace or Bukchon Hanok Village?
31/1 (Fri)- No plan yet – seoul city tour – any recommend which part of city worth to visit, does not fancy to visit any themepark this time, and not a shopping person
1/2 (Sat)– Nami island & garden of morning calm – most likely DIY tour – via ITX to gapyong – then with taxi
2/2 (Sun)– Overnight with Vivaldi park – hw many hour recommend in snowyland ?
3/2 (Mon)- Leaving Vivaldi park @ 1pm – going back to seoul – Free and easy / shopping
4/2 – Flight @ 11am

lastly, my mother has some special diet .. she does not consume poultry / beef.. usually restaurant that sell ginseng chicken / friend chicken etc, does they have alternative for eg seafood or others?
COOLPINK
post Nov 21 2019, 04:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

QUOTE(ivzh @ Nov 21 2019, 04:19 PM)
Hi guys, I m planning for family trip to korea during next year CNY (28/1 – till 4/2/), will travel with my 2 kids (6 years old / 4 years old) and my mother (69 years old), need some suggestion here.
-Mainly to experience winter / snow which they never encounter before
-prefer flexibility while travel with children / elderly, thus unlikely to join trip from klook/kkday
-Night/evening activity depend on the children stamina

Tentative itinerary
29/1 (wed) – Early Check in Airbnb near Seoul station, Short rest / lunch nearby - Namsan – Seoul tower
Recommend to take the cable car ? or take the bus to seoul tower? Read that to reach the cable car station require quite some walk too.
30/1 (thurs)- Hanbok Rental – should start in Gyeongbok palace or Bukchon Hanok Village?
31/1 (Fri)- No plan yet – seoul city tour – any recommend which part of city worth to visit, does not fancy to visit any themepark this time, and not a shopping person
1/2 (Sat)– Nami island & garden of morning calm – most likely DIY tour – via ITX to gapyong – then with taxi
3/2 (Mon)-  Leaving Vivaldi park @ 1pm – going back to seoul – Free and easy / shopping
4/2 – Flight @ 11am

lastly, my mother has some special diet .. she does not consume poultry / beef.. usually restaurant that sell ginseng chicken / friend chicken etc, does they have alternative for eg seafood or others?
most of the places that are worth visiting involves a lot of walking especially hiking.
even gyeongbok palace takes a few hours to walk around if you want to see everything.

anyway here is my 2 cents.

- best if you can take a taxi if you want to take the cable car. the way to the cable car station is quite hilly.

30/1 (thurs)- Hanbok Rental – should start in Gyeongbok palace or Bukchon Hanok Village? '
- rental of hanbok is by hour. best you rent at gyeongbok palace because if you wear hanbok u get free entry to the palace.

- visit gangnam district, hangang park, dangdaemun design plaza or ihwa mural village maybe?

- garden of morning calm is about 2 hours away by bus from nami island. plan your trip accordingly. best to be there by evening for the led lighting. the lighting is turned on only during winter season.

- well spend as much time as you want because its quite fun especially for kids bcs other than that there is not much to do at vivaldi.

3/2 (Mon)- Leaving Vivaldi park @ 1pm – going back to seoul – Free and easy / shopping

4/2 – Flight @ 11am

as for food no chicken / beef they have many restaurants menu with pork. e.g. Korean BBQ or braised pork knuckle

pack proper winter clothing as seoul winter can be harsh.
enjoy your holiday. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by COOLPINK: Nov 21 2019, 05:10 PM

117 Pages « < 94 95 96 97 98 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0246sec    0.56    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:15 PM