2,728 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jun 19 2017, 02:33 PM)
i where dare to take over ur place  blush.gif
My Japan thread spot temporally only. laugh.gif
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 02:35 PM

Tarak Drama, Kita Bikin Drama
1,620 posts

QUOTE(debonairs91 @ Jun 18 2017, 06:46 PM)
i know. thats why i ask what other places im missing
like i said, all the thing u list is just a city/town. u have to write down the attractions u going then only we can suggest u more places, else i can just list down entire tokyo prefectures for u ><. so i suggest u list down the attractions tht u r going first then only i add in other places for u. as well as wat u wanna do in japan. some ppl go for foods, some ppl go for sightseeing, some ppl go for shopping. i need to know these then only i can suggest u places

This post has been edited by chinti: Jun 19 2017, 02:49 PM
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 02:36 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(munkeyflo @ Jun 19 2017, 02:34 PM)
My Japan thread spot temporally only. laugh.gif
who was the main TS for japan thread? hmm.gif
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 03:33 PM

1,620 posts

here's a mini two days itinerary/guide for Kyoto that i planned for my baby sis for her current trip, she's now in kyoto and will be meeting me in tokyo on thursday.

this itinerary only tell u where to go as well as how to reach there (the train stop and bus stop). the time will not be shown as different people have different timing. all the places are planned according to how near they are to each other, this will make your travel easier so you don't ended up going to the other end of Kyoto and come back to the other end again.

this two days itinerary also cover most of the Kyoto attractions already, if you want to enjoy each attraction longer, you can always split them up into maybe 3 days or 4 days. my personal suggestion is 3 days is enough for Kyoto as its pretty boring at night.

Day 1
-->Reach Kansai Airport
-->Take Haruka Express to Kyoto

-->Arashiyama (At Kyoto station, take JR Sagano/JR San-in Line To Arashiyama, stop at Saga Arashiyama Station)
-all the attractions in Arashiyama are within walking distance, so just slowly take your time to walk around
-Bamboo Grove
-Monkey Park Iwatayama
-Tenryuji Temple
-Jojakkoji Temple
-Gio Temple
-Adashino Nenbutsuji

-->Fushimi Inari Taisha (From Arashiyama, take JR San-in Line back to Kyoto Station, then switch to JR Nara Line to Fushimi Inari *stop at Inari station*)

-->Dinner at Gion (From Fushimi Inari station, take Keihan Line to Gion-Shijo Station)
-walk around and find any restaurant you like for dinner
-walk around the town until you tired then head back to your hotel/hostel and call it a day

Day 2
-->Kiyomizu-dera (Take whichever bus/train from the place you stay to there)
-suggest going around 8am to avoid crowd

-->Heian Shrine (From Kiyomizu-dera, walk to Shimizumichi Bus Stop. Take 市営100京都駅前行 bus to Okazaki Koen, and walk to Heian Shrine)

-->Ginkakuji (Walk back to Okazaki Koen, and take the same 市営100京都駅前行 bus to Ginkakujimae Station)

-->Kamigamo-Jinja (Walk to Ginkakujimichi Bus Stop, take 市営203乙錦林車庫前行 bus to Horikawaimadegawa Bus Stop. At the same bus stop, take 市営9西賀茂車庫前行 bus to Kamigamo Misonohashi Bus Stop and walk to Kamigamo-Jinja)

-->Kinkakuji (Walk to Kamigamo Jinjamae Bus Stop, take 加茂線 出町柳駅前行 bus to 北大路堀川, and switch to 市営12立命館大学前行 bus to Kinkakujimae Bus Stop, then walk to Kinkakuji)
-there are quite a few different ways and buses to reach Kinkakuji from Kamigamo-Jinja, so just use google map to check whichever is faster during that time

-->Geisha Street (Walk to Kinkakujimae Bus Stop, take 市営59山越中町行 bus to Shijokawaramachi)
-there are quite a few different buses to Geisha Street as well, so just google map whichever is faster
-walk around, have dinner, then head to Kyoto Station and head back to Osaka

This post has been edited by chinti: Jun 19 2017, 03:35 PM
lyc1982
post Jun 19 2017, 04:10 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jun 19 2017, 03:33 PM)
here's a mini two days itinerary/guide for Kyoto that i planned for my baby sis for her current trip, she's now in kyoto and will be meeting me in tokyo on thursday.

this itinerary only tell u where to go as well as how to reach there (the train stop and bus stop). the time will not be shown as different people have different timing. all the places are planned according to how near they are to each other, this will make your travel easier so you don't ended up going to the other end of Kyoto and come back to the other end again.

this two days itinerary also cover most of the Kyoto attractions already, if you want to enjoy each attraction longer, you can always split them up into maybe 3 days or 4 days. my personal suggestion is 3 days is enough for Kyoto as its pretty boring at night.

Day 1
-->Reach Kansai Airport
-->Take Haruka Express to Kyoto

-->Arashiyama (At Kyoto station, take JR Sagano/JR San-in Line To Arashiyama, stop at Saga Arashiyama Station)
-all the attractions in Arashiyama are within walking distance, so just slowly take your time to walk around
-Bamboo Grove
-Monkey Park Iwatayama
-Tenryuji Temple
-Jojakkoji Temple
-Gio Temple
-Adashino Nenbutsuji

-->Fushimi Inari Taisha (From Arashiyama, take JR San-in Line back to Kyoto Station, then switch to JR Nara Line to Fushimi Inari *stop at Inari station*)

-->Dinner at Gion (From Fushimi Inari station, take Keihan Line to Gion-Shijo Station)
-walk around and find any restaurant you like for dinner
-walk around the town until you tired then head back to your hotel/hostel and call it a day

Day 2
-->Kiyomizu-dera (Take whichever bus/train from the place you stay to there)
-suggest going around 8am to avoid crowd

-->Heian Shrine (From Kiyomizu-dera, walk to Shimizumichi Bus Stop. Take 市営100京都駅前行 bus to Okazaki Koen, and walk to Heian Shrine)

-->Ginkakuji (Walk back to Okazaki Koen, and take the same 市営100京都駅前行 bus to Ginkakujimae Station)

-->Kamigamo-Jinja (Walk to Ginkakujimichi Bus Stop, take 市営203乙錦林車庫前行 bus to Horikawaimadegawa Bus Stop. At the same bus stop, take 市営9西賀茂車庫前行 bus to Kamigamo Misonohashi Bus Stop and walk to Kamigamo-Jinja)

-->Kinkakuji (Walk to Kamigamo Jinjamae Bus Stop, take 加茂線 出町柳駅前行 bus to 北大路堀川, and switch to 市営12立命館大学前行 bus to Kinkakujimae Bus Stop, then walk to Kinkakuji)
-there are quite a few different ways and buses to reach Kinkakuji from Kamigamo-Jinja, so just use google map to check whichever is faster during that time

-->Geisha Street (Walk to Kinkakujimae Bus Stop, take 市営59山越中町行 bus to Shijokawaramachi)
-there are quite a few different buses to Geisha Street as well, so just google map whichever is faster
-walk around, have dinner, then head to Kyoto Station and head back to Osaka
good share
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 04:14 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 19 2017, 04:10 PM)
good share
update from my baby sis, everything is going smoothly for her and the bus and everything is also the same as those i wrote in the itinerary
lyc1982
post Jun 19 2017, 04:15 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jun 19 2017, 04:14 PM)
update from my baby sis, everything is going smoothly for her and the bus and everything is also the same as those i wrote in the itinerary
gonna follow some of the itinerary for my trip in 2018...
biggrin.gif

chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 04:17 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 19 2017, 04:15 PM)
gonna follow some of the itinerary for my trip in 2018...
biggrin.gif
oh, where u going in 2018?
lyc1982
post Jun 19 2017, 04:18 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jun 19 2017, 04:17 PM)
oh, where u going in 2018?
kansai area...my 2nd visit

first visit missed Arashiyama for some reasons....haha

gonna venture to kobe and hiroshima
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 04:21 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 19 2017, 04:18 PM)
kansai area...my 2nd visit

first visit missed Arashiyama for some reasons....haha

gonna venture to kobe and hiroshima
nice, haha i miss arashiyama too. pretty weird experience for me tho, i got drunk in tokyo then somehow i ended up in shinjuku and bought a night bus ticket to kyoto...so just went home pack bag and off to kyoto just lik tht witout any plannings lol.

there's a super nice tofu restaurant in arashiyama, its called Shoraian. their tofu is superb, the restaurant is located by the river and u hv to walk into the woods a bit. i still rmb was raining tht time n when i came out there's a snake at the entrance of the restaurant lol laugh.gif
lyc1982
post Jun 19 2017, 04:33 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(chinti @ Jun 19 2017, 04:21 PM)
nice, haha i miss arashiyama too. pretty weird experience for me tho, i got drunk in tokyo then somehow i ended up in shinjuku and bought a night bus ticket to kyoto...so just went home pack bag and off to kyoto just lik tht witout any plannings lol.

there's a super nice tofu restaurant in arashiyama, its called Shoraian. their tofu is superb, the restaurant is located by the river and u hv to walk into the woods a bit. i still rmb was raining tht time n when i came out there's a snake at the entrance of the restaurant lol  laugh.gif
yea...heard bout Shoraian...this time i will make sure i visit Arashiyama and taste that tofu !
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 04:34 PM

1,620 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 19 2017, 04:33 PM)
yea...heard bout Shoraian...this time i will make sure i visit Arashiyama and taste that tofu !
order the full course, from tofu appetizers to tofu dessert lol. very nice tho, also do make reservations in advance
debonairs91
post Jun 19 2017, 06:39 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(frozzbyte @ Jun 19 2017, 02:04 PM)
Cancelled. New place got some environmental issue or something. When? TBA
sweet! so still can go tsukiji then rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
chinti
post Jun 19 2017, 08:46 PM

1,620 posts

Travel To Japan V10 is officially opened here

Ty munkeyflo for asking me to be the new TS biggrin.gif
aberrant80
post Jun 19 2017, 10:35 PM

Getting Started
269 posts