Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA]Plug burned after about 3 months, Car will jerk like mad as a sign

views

TSnabelon
post Jan 30 2007, 08:02 AM, updated 18y ago

Walk of Life
1,714 posts

Well my mom's Iswara, a silver im not sure whether LMSS or LMST got a problem where one of the spark plug would burn at least once in every 2-3 months.This proves to be a major headache considering when driving at night or long distance.

What could possibly be the problem,out of 4 only a particular spark plug would burn and i had the mechanic checked the wiring and everything and he's conclusion is that my mom's car is a defect 1 in a 100. Well i don't think that it can't be fixed so might as well get the opinions of expert here of what are the possibilities of a plug getting burned in such a short period and recurring.

This post has been edited by nabelon: Jan 30 2007, 08:03 AM
plasmasonic
post Jan 31 2007, 04:10 AM

40 posts

he is probably no idea of how to solve this prb ... lol.. jz go change another pro mechanic ...
tester1979
post Jan 31 2007, 11:56 AM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

or go to authorize service centre and try to ask and see if the problem is common for your car's model.....probably they might already have a solution.....
zeist
post Feb 1 2007, 08:37 AM

Mivec 1800cc
All Stars
15,182 posts

Maybe the mech took the wrong spark plugs.
ceo684
post Feb 1 2007, 01:07 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

Go to proton official SC and see what they can do. Probably wiring prob, or contaminated fuel?
sakaic
post Feb 1 2007, 10:12 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

what plugs are you using ? are they the correct type ? ?
WhizzWork2005
post Feb 2 2007, 11:09 AM

Regular
1,433 posts

Yup....

1st Check the Spark Plug which u are using is the correct one...
2nd Ask a PRO machenic to check on the Plug Cable is there is a problem
3rd Check ur distributor...

TSnabelon
post Feb 2 2007, 02:59 PM

Walk of Life
1,714 posts

Thanks guys for all the inputs,went to two other mechanics,

Mechanic 1- stated that valve is leaking/damaged and need to do top overhaul.

Mechanic 2 - noticed that engine oil is in critical level,at the minimum level of the dipstick even though last service was 3 months ago.He said maybe valve and piston got problem(for that particular cylinder),to this sounds like major damage.

Will go to service center next week and hear what they say.For now what are your opinions given the two mechanics comments above.

P/s : The plug is the correct one, i've checked with both mechanics and spare part shop.Wiring is good as checked and btw I'll take note of the fuel contamination and ask the mechs about it.

Thanks again for helping me smile.gif

This post has been edited by nabelon: Feb 2 2007, 03:00 PM
tester1979
post Feb 2 2007, 03:58 PM

*** O.M.G ***
1,317 posts

QUOTE(nabelon @ Feb 2 2007, 02:59 PM)
Thanks guys for all the inputs,went to two other mechanics,

Mechanic 1- stated that valve is leaking/damaged and need to do top overhaul.

Mechanic 2 - noticed that engine oil is in critical level,at the minimum level of the dipstick even though last service was 3 months ago.He said maybe valve and piston got problem(for that particular cylinder),to this sounds like major damage.

Will go to service center next week and hear what they say.For now what are your opinions given the two mechanics comments above.

P/s : The plug is the correct one, i've checked with both mechanics and spare part shop.Wiring is good as checked and btw I'll take note of the fuel contamination and ask the mechs about it.

Thanks again for helping me smile.gif
check your engine oil every day before you start your car. make sure its in the right level. if not enough make sure you top up......if you damage your engine further in this week before you repair, its gonna cost you more. just make sure you don't go beyond the max line.

go to service centre ASAP. do not wait. longer might have damage other things too.
sakaic
post Feb 2 2007, 05:08 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

If it was fuel injected, I'd say that cylinders injector is blocked but since its more likely carb then I'd say maybe a valve seat might be out, my guess exhaust.
the_catacombs
post Feb 3 2007, 11:21 AM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

noler.... saga iswara, no matter LMSS or LMST, all also using carburettor engine... unless that one is uk spec version, then it is EFI engine...
sakaic
post Feb 3 2007, 07:48 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

well then unless its the wrong plug, something is not right where either the mixture is lean causing the plug to burn or the mixture is pre-igniting. An exhaust valve leak also might cause the cylinder overheating.
IceCube
post Feb 24 2007, 03:03 PM

Casual
319 posts

its either too rich or too lean mixture. have to retune the carburator setting if everything else is in proper working condition.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.06    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:03 AM