Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review [Unboxing] MSI GT72VR 6RE

views

TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:16 PM, updated 8y ago

7 posts

A few days ago, I sold out my MSI GT70 laptop with GTX880M and then immediately bought the latest MSI GT72VR with GTX1070 graphic card. This graphic card’s performance is as strong as the desktop GPU’s performance.

Have to unbox it since bought it back to my house, and let me introducing Luffy as my special guest to open it with me.
user posted image
*Note: For those who want to Luffy model, look carefully, this is from Japan. Nowadays, there are more of it are from China and it looks ugly and weird, so don’t buy it. 

Let’s unbox it.
user posted image

Wow, got free backpack inside it, it’s so big!
user posted image

Taking it up to see what’s inside.
user posted image
user posted image

According to the PCMag website, it is stated that the MSI gaming laptop has been placed second in market share. Apple is the first, and then ASUS is on the 5th place.
user posted image

Since HTC VIVE had stepped into the gaming market, VR started to spread widely and MSI is the only one that had VR-Ready support. Before I finished my study, my 3D arts lecturer taught us and test the VR using the MSI and ASUS laptop with GTX980M. Unfortunately, only MSI can run the VR, so GG to ROG. Haha.
user posted image

Next, there are a lot of features stated on the back of the laptop box.
user posted image

Can’t wait to test the Game Sense.
user posted image

Besides, the Nahimic 2 has added 3 additional special functions.
user posted image
TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:21 PM

7 posts

And then, DUAL FANS for cooling!
user posted image

Let’s see what’s inside the laptop box. Hmm…I think this should be placed on the corner of the laptop’s screen.
user posted image

There is a handbook and somemore got free Steelseries KINZU mouse (MSI Edition) to use.
user posted image

Ok, here’s to come! This underside is to release the heat and the outer shell with red web pattern is to lock the notebook when you are not around.
user posted image

At the back of it, it has HDMI port, Mini-Display port and USB C-port.
user posted image

This design still looks the same as previous.
user posted image

On the left side of it, it has 4 USB 3.0 port, that’s enough for me to use. In addition, the inner structure consists of the ESS Sabre Hi-Fi Audio Device for the audio ports.
user posted image

MSI laptop, of course, it won’t be lack of the one of the world class HiFi Sound Speakers which is Dynaudio. But, some people said that JBL is number 1. It’s wrong. JBL is number 1 in car audio system only. You can check the Dynaudio speaker ‘s price and it is quite expensive than other brands, even though Audi, VW cars’s speakers also use Dynaudio. JBL? Meh…haha.

This is the sound woofer.
user posted image

The sticker on the bottom of the laptop stated that this laptop is for the Malaysia. If the laptop is from other country, you won’t see any sticker of this at its bottom, so you will get charged extra RM 200 for service. So, be careful.
user posted image

This is the heat ventilation.
user posted image
TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:24 PM

7 posts

The upper part
user posted image

Right side of it got Blu-Ray Disc Writer and a USB 3.0 port.
user posted image
user posted image

Open the laptop up.
user posted image

Here got stated specially about Tobii Eye-Tracking.
user posted image

This is the features list, but unfortunately, there is no 120/5ms screen display. Only available for GT73VR.
user posted image

See, this is the Tobii.
user posted image

This is how it looks before switch on the laptop. No light yet.
user posted image

If I am not getting wrong, there are 4 Dynaudio speakers.
user posted image

Ok, allowing Luffy to switch on the laptop for opening ceremony.
user posted image
TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:29 PM

7 posts

On already.
How does the workstation help your works?
user posted image
user posted image

Light the keyboard up.
user posted image

Oh, there is also a light around the touchpad.
user posted image

Luffy domineering style looks cool!
user posted image

MSI gaming laptop always use the Steelseries gaming keyboard. You will not use to type on other keyboard after you use it for a longer time.
user posted image
user posted image

At the back of screen, of course, must have the light.
user posted image

Only this laptop has the Windows Hello because of the Tobii technology.
user posted image
user posted image
TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:32 PM

7 posts

Here shows the GTX 1070 graphic card model. Haha…let me showing off for a while.
user posted image

This is the latest version of Dragon Center with latest features. MSI provides these features is just because most of the Windows 10 users doesn’t know how to use and don’t know how to find the software that they want to use. Hence, using Dragon Center, just add the software that you use the most inside the Dragon Center. Don’t need to put on the desktop, it will slower down the system too if too much on it. With Dragon Center, my life is so simple and convenient.
user posted image

From here, you can check the GPU and CPU status.
user posted image

Next is the keyboard light setting, it has many different kind of lighting function. Audio part is special, the lighting will be moving with the music melody. Besides, you can the light colour as you want.
user posted image

Inside the Dragon Center, there are the features, such as fans speed control and screen display’s True Color setting. These are only available in MSI laptop.
user posted image

This can connect with your mobile. You have to download and install the MSI’s apps, then connect with MSI laptop. After that, you are able to control the Dragon Center’s function using your mobile.
user posted image

This is the Steelseries Engine 3. You are able to customize your own macro key. For example, if you play Invoker in DotA 2, you can set the combined skills and play it with only 1 key, so you don’t have to press consequently to release the skill. Other games are also able to use this function.
user posted image

It adds a new feature called Game Sense, it is only usable in CS:GO and DotA 2.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:35 PM

7 posts

Let’s take CS:GO as an example. You set properly your keyboard lighting, like “Headshot”. Once you kill a person with headshot, the keyboard lighting will jump out the colour that you set or change the color. Other than that, you can set three different color mode for different status in game.
user posted image

Here comes the Nahimic 2, and it has new features.
user posted image

First feature is PAD Sound Effect. There are a lot of sound effect that can be used and also can also use your recorded voice as the sound effect too. This is useful when you are live streaming. For example, when you die, lose, win etc…, you can press the buttons with different colors to release out the sound effect that you want, such as boo-ing, screaming and more.
user posted image

Second, the sound tracking. This is effective for the games like The Division. It can detect the sounds from enemy and shows you the location of the enemy.
user posted image

This is the GameCaster 2.8, it is special for Tobii use, but I don’t know how to use it. Haha.
user posted image

After switch on the laptop, the Tobii eyes becomes red.
user posted image

At here, it will shows up and also can download its game. Tobii technology is playable in many games such as COD, Battlefield and so on, you don’t have to play with mouse, but your eyes.
user posted image

The tracking indicator will follow your eyes moving. You can turn it off if you don’t want.
user posted image

On the right side of laptop is Blu-Ray Disc Writer.
user posted image

On the left side of the keyboard, it has may buttons, but don’t need to hesitate about it too much.
user posted image
TSJimmy94
post Sep 21 2016, 02:38 PM

7 posts

Ok, that’s the end of it.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Now, allowing Luffy to close the PARTY! (Don’t know what will happen next after get Luffy’s fist pump) Haha!
user posted image

THE END! Bye bye!
subrok007
post Sep 25 2016, 01:04 AM

Squirtle
1,632 posts

how much you bought?
DragonRiderStar
post Sep 28 2016, 01:57 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

QUOTE(subrok007 @ Sep 25 2016, 01:04 AM)
how much you bought?
I remember this one is RM 10,499
sammiey
post Oct 4 2016, 12:13 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

very details on the features..
what about the performance/experience for tobii & VR?
PiaHuang
post Oct 4 2016, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
55 posts

OMG what a review!! so many details!!
And Luffy!! lol good job man!
Kroger88
post Oct 21 2016, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

wow.. good review! thx for sharing!
Blablebla