Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi Max Official Thread V2, 6.44" Tablet | SD652 | 4GB/128GB | 16MP

views

M4A1
post Jul 2 2019, 03:42 PM

[*#^♥SONE♥^#]
1,340 posts

sian la no more mi max 4

was thinking to get max 4 to replace my mi max 1

now struglling ...thinking to get max 3 or huawei y max
prefer a 7 inch phone le
naturalfool
post Jul 3 2019, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(M4A1 @ Jul 2 2019, 03:42 PM)
sian la no more mi max 4

was thinking to get max 4 to replace my mi max 1

now struglling ...thinking to get max 3 or huawei y max
prefer a 7 inch phone le
You mean they discontinue the mi max series ah???
M4A1
post Jul 3 2019, 10:01 AM

[*#^♥SONE♥^#]
1,340 posts

QUOTE(naturalfool @ Jul 3 2019, 09:59 AM)
You mean they discontinue the mi max series ah???
Yes bro

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/xiaom...lei-jun-2057622

https://www.stuff.tv/my/news/mi-max-and-mi-...says-xiaomi-ceo
Neomax3
post Jul 3 2019, 02:15 PM

Enthusiast
979 posts

QUOTE(M4A1 @ Jul 3 2019, 10:01 AM)
no plans for this year doesn't mean discontinue.. they might rename it to something else next year.. just like rumored says the next Poco successor is the Mi 9T Pro
nicklim17
post Aug 9 2019, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

1st day after changing battery bought from lazada.

user posted image
After sot

user posted image

After lasting full charge to 20% 11hrs.

Before changed battery only last for 1 hrs shut down.

user posted image

This post has been edited by nicklim17: Aug 9 2019, 05:30 PM
puchongite
post Aug 9 2019, 05:41 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(nicklim17 @ Aug 9 2019, 05:26 PM)

You changed it yourself ? Respect.
MGM
post Aug 9 2019, 06:34 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,386 posts

QUOTE(nicklim17 @ Aug 9 2019, 05:26 PM)

user posted image
After sot

user posted image

After lasting full charge to 20% 11hrs.

Before changed battery only last for 1 hrs shut down.

user posted image
Can provide the link of the product?
nicklim17
post Aug 10 2019, 05:22 AM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Aug 9 2019, 06:34 PM)
Can provide the link of the product?
https://s.lazada.com.my/s.ZVCgc
MGM
post Aug 10 2019, 10:09 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,386 posts

QUOTE(nicklim17 @ Aug 10 2019, 05:22 AM)
Thanks. If done at Xiaomi Service center will probably charge rm120.
Do u refer to any particular installation video found from googling?
puchongite
post Aug 10 2019, 10:12 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Aug 10 2019, 10:09 AM)
Thanks. If done at Xiaomi Service center will probably charge rm120.
Do u refer to any particular installation video found from googling?
Since the phone is so old it makes sense to self service instead of paying at least rm100 for replacement service. So I am tempted to buy those comes with tools, or buy a separate toolset. Yeah I am interested in a good video too.
puchongite
post Aug 17 2019, 04:48 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

Change my phone battery myself today. Total damaged including battery, tools, shipment about RM 40.

Thoughest is to open the case.

The tools not exactly useful for that. Have to use thumb nail etc.

Remember to remove 11 screws. One less also cannot remove the metal case inside.

No double-sided tape in the order. Battery maybe loose inside the phone. Suggest one to get tape to keep battery in place.

Ask if you have questions.
MGM
post Aug 17 2019, 06:14 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,386 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Aug 17 2019, 04:48 PM)
Change my phone battery myself today. Total damaged including battery, tools, shipment about RM 40.

Thoughest is to open the case.

The tools not exactly useful for that. Have to use thumb nail etc.

Remember to remove 11 screws. One less also cannot remove the metal case inside.

No double-sided tape in the order. Battery maybe loose inside the phone. Suggest one to get tape to keep battery in place.

Ask if you have questions.
Thanks for sharing. Where did u buy it, any link?
puchongite
post Aug 17 2019, 08:12 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Aug 17 2019, 06:14 PM)
Thanks for sharing. Where did u buy it, any link?
I don't want to be seen as endorsing a seller, particularly at this moment, I haven't use long enough yet.

But I suggest you go shopee and Lazada, search for "mi Max battery" and look for one seller labelled as "preferred" and also have many sold units.

Yeah look for one which includes tools if you don't have a small screw driver.

jaycee1
post Oct 15 2019, 03:27 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

Back here again after a long hiatus.

My Max 2 finally decided it had too many cracks on the screen and decided not to cooperate anymore. (anyway, replacement screen is 220 inclusive)

So I am stuck with the Mi Max 1 (which surprisingly still works after replacing the battery 2 years ago), and an Older Honor 8. Both still works well, but the bug bear is the Max 1 doesn't work very well in my area with weak reception (the Max 2 was better) and the Honor 8 is just too damn small.

I was disheartened to hear xiaomi might not release the Max 4.

Wondering the Max 3 is still worth buying. Still can't let go of the big screen and big battery.
I didn't like how the screen sits on the body with that lip. Makes it feel cheap compared to the smooth rounded edges of the Max 2.

Wondering what other options I have;

1) fix the bloody thing and wait a few more months to see if they actually release the Max 4
2) buy the Max 3
3) buy something else;

Upcoming Realme X2 (SD760, 6/64, Amoled)?
Redmi Note 8 (don't like Mediatek)?
Mi9T (hate motorized camera)?

Any other big(er) screen, big battery mid ranger about 1000-1300? Prefer something with Snapdragon and supports QC 3 or higher since all my chargers are QC3 and PD.

Don't really care too much on camera quality, as long as decent
Hate motorized anything. Anything that moves will break
Type C, with QC 3 and up

This post has been edited by jaycee1: Oct 15 2019, 03:35 PM
naturalfool
post Oct 15 2019, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(jaycee1 @ Oct 15 2019, 03:27 PM)
Back here again after a long hiatus.
My Max 2 finally decided it had too many cracks on the screen and decided not to cooperate anymore. (anyway, replacement screen is 220 inclusive)
So I am stuck with the Mi Max 1 (which surprisingly still works after replacing the battery 2 years ago), and an Older Honor 8. Both still works well, but the bug bear is the Max 1 doesn't work very well in my area with weak reception (the Max 2 was better) and the Honor 8 is just too damn small.
I was disheartened to hear xiaomi might not release the Max 4.

Wondering the Max 3 is still worth buying. Still can't let go of the big screen and big battery.
I didn't like how the screen sits on the body with that lip. Makes it feel cheap compared to the smooth rounded edges of the Max 2.
Wondering what other options I have;

1) fix the bloody thing and wait a few more months to see if they actually release the Max 4
2) buy the Max 3
3) buy something else;

Upcoming Realme X2 (SD760, 6/64, Amoled)?
Redmi Note 8 (don't like Mediatek)?
Mi9T (hate motorized camera)?

Any other big(er) screen, big battery mid ranger about 1000-1300? Prefer something with Snapdragon and supports QC 3 or higher since all my chargers are QC3 and PD.

Don't really care too much on camera quality, as long as decent
Hate motorized anything. Anything that moves will break
Type C, with QC 3 and up
I'm looking to change battery for my mi max 1. Haven't gone looking yet and no I don't wanna do myself. No understand how. If you have any place to recommend to change the battery with reasonable price, please let me know. Thanks.

Anyway, I got the mi 9T to replace the mi max. I don't really like the motorised front camera either. But I hate the notch/drop/eye/dewdrop or whatever they wanna call it. Thing is I don't selfie. Hardly use the front camera and I didn't set up face recognition. Happy with it so far. Although it took a while to get used to smaller screen phone again.
puchongite
post Oct 16 2019, 01:16 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
29,257 posts

QUOTE(naturalfool @ Oct 15 2019, 05:02 PM)
I'm looking to change battery for my mi max 1. Haven't gone looking yet and no I don't wanna do myself.  No understand how. If you have any place to recommend to change the battery with reasonable price, please let me know. Thanks.

Anyway, I got the mi 9T to replace the mi max. I don't really like the motorised front camera either. But I hate the notch/drop/eye/dewdrop or whatever they wanna call it. Thing is I don't selfie. Hardly use the front camera and I didn't set up face recognition. Happy with it so far. Although it took a while to get used to smaller screen phone again.
I got myself cheated for the mi max battery, although I bought from online seller who had already sold many many units. I paid for around RM40 for the entire package. But the battery only last for a couple of weeks.

I don't know where I can get really good battery for mi max.

Cobragold
post Oct 17 2019, 07:33 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Anyone knows how much it is to replace mi max 3 screen. Dropped yesterday. Heart pain
jaycee1
post Oct 20 2019, 05:32 PM

AFK
2,435 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Oct 16 2019, 01:16 PM)
I got myself cheated for the mi max battery, although I bought from online seller who had already sold many many units. I paid for around RM40 for the entire package. But the battery only last for a couple of weeks. 

I don't know where I can get really good battery for mi max.
I usually don't bother with doing it myself. Don't mind he hassle and have the shop be responsible for warranty (however short it is)

My mi max 1 battery was changed a year or so ago (I remembered posted it here on this forum, maybe a few pages back) at a shop in NSK kuchai lama. Had some long time dealing with them (I think hey have fix some 10 of my decides over the past 5 years or so) so they have been reliable.

I think paid 100 or 120 for the max 1 battery. Technician did say it was likely not original but was able to give a 1 month warranty. It doesn't seem to have the endurance of the original, down somewhat 20-30%. But hey it still works so I'll just gloss over that.

I think if you do have a good shop, there are times that the extra you pay is well worth it. Well, people have to eat also, as what they say. When my honor 8 went in for it's battery replacement (when my MAX2 died), they accidentally cracked the rear glass cover, which they replaced FOC. You would be SOL if it was diy and the cover cracked. It was glued on there very securely.

Seeing the max 3 retailing for 700ish on Lazada and shopee...hmmm... Damn good bang for the buck

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0152sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 PM