Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

zoozooka
post Sep 20 2016, 03:02 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(mhhee @ Sep 20 2016, 02:27 PM)
Haha... Everyone here trying to take advantages & get extras... Our mindset really...
The problem is SME. SME is just in a position to carry out the replacement process instructed by Samsung Korea. Instead SME is playing their own agenda. Requesting full box set return for replacement is not the instruction from the HQ.

We the owners may want to take advantage of this situation for accessories, but SME is just greedy too. They want to resell these accessories such as power adapter and s-pen.
zoozooka
post Sep 20 2016, 03:04 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(jrrsim @ Sep 20 2016, 03:00 PM)
Malaysian mindset truly..

funny how it's so easy to judge others when they are not in the same position but when these same people are in the same position, they have the same mindset as well..
SME is also conducting their business with Malaysian mindset. It's all Malaysian mindset
zoozooka
post Sep 20 2016, 04:13 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(chard168 @ Sep 20 2016, 03:50 PM)
you also know how to say few ringgit stuffs bro. what if those who really lost some of the accessories? reject replacement just because SME prioritize "few ringgit stuff" over the safety of users?  doh.gif
I believe SME is just playing the mind game to prevent the inevitable missing accessories claims. SME can't legally reject phone replacement because of missing accessories.

The phone recall is global. It's not individual phone recall in Malaysia. SME is too stupid to do things the malaysian way.

Urge everyone to register complaint to Samsung to bitch slap wake the f up SME.

http://www.samsung.com/in/info/emailsupport.html

This post has been edited by zoozooka: Sep 20 2016, 04:17 PM
zoozooka
post Sep 20 2016, 07:27 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 20 2016, 05:24 PM)
This info is still a rumor at this stage, please take this with a grain of salt.

According to some internal source, it's expected that 6GB Ram version Note 7 will be releasing in China before the end of october.
At a higher cost, of course. That's not a big deal.
zoozooka
post Sep 21 2016, 08:17 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 21 2016, 04:49 PM)
What if on 29/9 go for replacement and they found out some scratches on the screen and reject........
They appeared to cares more about missing accessories though
zoozooka
post Sep 21 2016, 09:00 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Sep 21 2016, 08:38 PM)
I beg to differ regarding China phones.

OnePlus redeemed themselves quite well with the 3...

XeactorZ
Buy whichever phone best fit for you loh. Can't tell people how they should spend their money.

Some people can afford to pay premium price for a Ferrari. Then people nagging why you didn't buy Nissan GTR. It makes no sense.

My bro bought a Vertu. Like WTH didn't you buy a rolex. It's his money mah.

This post has been edited by zoozooka: Sep 21 2016, 09:03 PM
zoozooka
post Sep 24 2016, 12:26 AM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 24 2016, 12:01 AM)
This is how the incident looks like in real life when a phone is catching fire in aircraft.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 catches fire in aircraft in Chennai

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/indust...ow/54481530.cms

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 catches fire on Indian flight

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Gal...-flight_id85760
I am sure this is not the fault of Note 7.  That Note 2 was catching fire probably because it's too old (4 yrs old). But since the whole airline industry all around the world is paying full attention on the Note 7 fiasco, any incidents that related to Samsung devices would have some sort of impacts towards Samsung at this critical moment, directly or indirectly. As for this case, India airlines may ban ALL the Note series just because of an old Note 2 is malfunctioning.

I repeat, this is old Note 2. But unfortunately, like it or not, most people would link this to Note 7 just because it was happened inside an aircraft. Human love to imagine things and you won't be able to stop that. A Samsung device was catching fire in aircraft. This is the thing that Samsung doesn't wish to see at this critical moment. What can we say? Really tough luck, Samsung.
Keep up the good works!
zoozooka
post Sep 24 2016, 12:28 PM

Casual
303 posts

SME cannot reject the replacement even if you bring in just the phone without s-pen.

Try and get whatever you want if you got the gut to ask for it. Or you can be chicken and listen and follow to dumb instructions people told you to do.

zoozooka
post Sep 24 2016, 02:11 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 24 2016, 12:53 PM)
We are not directly returning to SME. We are returning to the dealer. They have the right to reject for replacement as they follow SME replacement requirement when they first announced the recall. There is black and white.
Just make up some story that the dealer got no good reason to refuse the replacement. They have no right to reject the replacement. They are just there to facilitate the replacement on Samsung HQ's behalf.

So innocent, how to survive in this dog eat dog world.

At least try your best on the replacement day.

This post has been edited by zoozooka: Sep 24 2016, 02:12 PM
zoozooka
post Sep 24 2016, 02:16 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(eagleknight @ Sep 24 2016, 01:09 PM)
I think the Samsung Leather Back Cover is more handsome, haha (RM129)

[attachmentid=7598236]
Made of faux leather. Gone bad in a year.
zoozooka
post Sep 24 2016, 02:29 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(Cubone @ Sep 24 2016, 02:16 PM)
Local dealer will sell the returned accessories.
Of course they also greed for it la. They are just acting tough and discourage people from keeping accessories.

Those who wanted to keep accessories but unable to, should hold up and see how the replacement go.
zoozooka
post Sep 29 2016, 08:22 PM

Casual
303 posts

Completed my replacement with Courts. I returned just the phone. Staff were gentle enough not to take away replacement accessories. Of course not without some talking with them. They wanted to take away the accessories and i rejected them from doing so and requested them to contact SME for clarification.

Basically just talked my way out
zoozooka
post Sep 29 2016, 08:29 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(bmwlover @ Sep 29 2016, 06:19 PM)
Tried wireless charging just now, charged about 20% in 30 mins, normal eh? And also felt abit kinda warm during charging, isit normal r?
Phone case may decrease the efficiency of wireless charging

Wireless charging sucks, just a gimmick. It's a less effective way of charging and also heat up the battery more than cable does.
zoozooka
post Sep 30 2016, 02:06 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(antaras @ Sep 30 2016, 01:04 PM)
Just got back from Courts @ 8trium. They took everything in the box. So, no luck for me. The process was very smooth though. Reach around 11am and there's only 1 guy doing exchange before me. Whole process took me 10 to 15mins.
Courts staff were not well informed by the SME. Courts staff will threaten you by taking away the accessories, but you had to insist that they can't take the accessories. Tell them stories. Tell them to call up SME. Tell them SME said so you can turn in just the phone without s-pen. My experience with them was it was just some talks. Hold your ground don't get scared. I'm sure sure that taking away accessories method is instructed by SME. Because during negotiation, I saw Courts staff contacted and asked SME for handling the issue.

In the end, the fact is they can't reject the note7 replacement for whatever bullshit excuse a customer said.
zoozooka
post Sep 30 2016, 02:11 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(BeastX @ Sep 30 2016, 12:11 PM)
& Also the sim-card tray?...
doh.gif
zoozooka
post Sep 30 2016, 04:00 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Sep 30 2016, 03:42 PM)
MY Courts unit which I sold to my Malacca friend,  he went to Samsung Service Center and they turned him down . COURTS had infact called me again 2 days back to remind me of the exchange and confirmed I could change it at ANY Samsung service center
My friend than called Courts Malacca and was told to go back to the center where it is purchased?? Don't these Court guy know all the purchase was done online? Anyway my friend was told they couldn't do it as they do not have any record of purchase done at their place !! And even if they were to do it, they needed the original purchaser to come for the exchange
So my friend is going to courier the set to me and I will help him to get it change at my place. Hope my place doesn't tell me same story and asked me to go back to source of purchase
I had called Courts and the lady promised she will call me back and I am still waiting for her call back since this morning
Call SME and make a replacement arrangement in Malacca? They turn it down probably because they dont have stock for walk in replacement.
zoozooka
post Oct 5 2016, 02:46 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(Wind82 @ Oct 4 2016, 04:36 PM)
Yes, a free tempered glass SP. But the quality is pretty crap though. Reduce sensitivity and such.
Samsung Korea instructed its global dealerships to give out something as a compensation to the inconvenience they caused to note7 owners. For a typical wise malaysian businessman as SME, they came up with a cheap low cost china made tempered glass SP
zoozooka
post Oct 6 2016, 02:54 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(acct @ Oct 6 2016, 02:23 PM)
Well, it's a free gift from SME, and it's already installed once the phone is replaced.  I am wondering if any other user of N7 with the tempered glass experienced the same thing.
Tempered glass sp was given separately. Wasn't applied to replaced note7
zoozooka
post Oct 6 2016, 02:58 PM

Casual
303 posts

QUOTE(fregort @ Oct 6 2016, 02:57 PM)
Darn....been using naked since replacement. Just noticed got a very light scratch on my set. Can't really see it but if you look at certain light angle a hairline mark can be seen.
Do you have any case on? Wipe clean the phone much?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0209sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd December 2022 - 09:33 PM