Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

xDingx
post Sep 20 2016, 08:52 AM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(cwhong @ Sep 20 2016, 12:20 AM)
Will the price remain after relaunch note 7 in malaysia? And got local expected selling date?
The sales in US will resume on 21 Oct... Hopefully it will be earlier in Malaysia.
xDingx
post Sep 21 2016, 01:21 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Sep 21 2016, 01:01 PM)
if in love with the pen... not many options out there that's as good as Samsung's Note series.

you can go with last year's version, if storage is not an issue (Note5 does not have microSD slot).

in regards to whether the issue is sorted out or not, we can only trust Samsung's word for now. we'll have to see what happens when more of the new batches are in the wild and when there's enough units to meet the %... like 1 in 40k suddenly blowing up means theoretically speaking, 40k units of new note7 need to be in hands of owners...

then there's also the "nagging" feel... initial reports seems to say that samsung may have crammed a BIG battery into a small space within the phone, causing stress and pressure to the battery... making it heat up easier than it would otherwise be. it also meant the anode is more likely to touch the cathode in the battery (they are supposed to be separate)...

so, not sure if this one can be "fixed" or not by getting another manufacturer. so far, china (hong kong and macau) units are not having any such issues -- phone explosion. ok... that is if we discount the 1-2 cases which is still under investigation.

that also, itself... can be a problem. which factory is doing the battery? it looks like it might not be Samsung factory. so... could it be some 3rd party factory... is the quality going to be better? or at least the same? if worse... then it's going to be nightmare for both samsung and owners.

2-3 weeks is kinda short notice to place order for like 2 million batteries... but... well, i'd like to think Samsung somehow managed to arrange for it...
Other than the battery issues, Samsung has to work on the airlines restrictions too..
xDingx
post Sep 21 2016, 07:53 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Sep 21 2016, 04:04 PM)
yeah mostly everywhere i go, saw the news or notification or announcement. even your phone is working, i wonder whether you dare to use or not. later gets stares from others  laugh.gif

the funny part is despite this phone issue, samsung shop inside the mall, phone advertising and display selling as usual tongue.gif

poison.. blue coral  laugh.gif

[attachmentid=7579022][attachmentid=7579014]
Nice drool.gif

Are u in china? Anyone has any idea that currently the Note 7 sold in HK or China will have a black square dot on the IMEI sticker to indicate the note 7 is safe? I will be travelling to HK next week..tempting to buy a coral blue note 7 from there... dry.gif
xDingx
post Sep 21 2016, 10:54 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(kianweic @ Sep 21 2016, 10:37 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Nice, at least he never mentioned anything about explosion.

This post has been edited by xDingx: Sep 21 2016, 10:54 PM
xDingx
post Sep 21 2016, 11:04 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(jrrsim @ Sep 21 2016, 11:03 PM)
Mods or Staff, kindly take action, apparently name calling is this guy's natural way of expression.
lol, but i dont see he mentioned anyname in his post..
xDingx
post Sep 21 2016, 11:56 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(desmondk @ Sep 21 2016, 11:25 PM)
chill bro. just have fun here.

there are many kinds of people here, not only haters.

Beware of those below as well,

Those who like to share news
Those who don't like those who sharing too many news here
Those who keep on bashing on SME
Those who never satisfy with what Samsung announce
and so many more...

Oh no, am I name calling here?
hope no one get butt-hurt.

Have fun.
Those who don't like to have fun...
xDingx
post Sep 22 2016, 08:40 AM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(jerryhean @ Sep 22 2016, 08:27 AM)
I hope YES  allow exchange done by friends/family member other than the owner themselves, will be overseas, can't collect on the same day or few days after... sianz...
I think u can write a authorisation letter to authorise other ppl to collect for u.
xDingx
post Sep 22 2016, 02:52 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(gogo2 @ Sep 22 2016, 02:18 PM)
Banning Note 7 is not an enigma. It is logical. As well as banning watery item. It is based on facts.
I think it is not fair to ban note 7 permanently if Samsung manage to solve the issue.

All the phone batteries are prone to explosion, although the chance is low. Does that mean all phones should be banned?
xDingx
post Sep 22 2016, 09:56 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(brandonkl @ Sep 22 2016, 09:37 PM)
They shouldn't have pushed this 60% battery update out so soon because replacement sets in Malaysia not available until Sep 29.
this is to reduce the chance of explosion for those who keep using the phones until the replacement.
xDingx
post Sep 22 2016, 11:52 PM

On my way
613 posts

QUOTE(Mini Nici @ Sep 22 2016, 11:42 PM)
Just some sharing here. As I am having some long term assignment in China, I enquire China Samsung about my phone. Amazingly they have no issue to replace a brand new set for me even though I only have a phone and charger with me. They ask me to decide if I am fine with original China set. I would check if it is possible to switch colour to coral blue. Pray that they allow so and I will happily surrender my MY set to them.
But the warranty will be by Samsung China if u replace the unit with them?
xDingx
post Sep 23 2016, 09:12 AM

On my way
613 posts

http://m.androidcentral.com/ac-roundtable-...-samsungs-brand

Interesting articles to read about the effect of note 7 recall to Samsung.

Quote from one of the editors:
The Note 7 is now and forever a dud that you shouldn't buy. Not because it's a bad phone or the new models will explode, but because Samsung will be quick to drop support and forget it ever existed.

Don't know how true is this statement. But it will be very sad if Samsung just drop support for the Note 7.It kinda stops me from buying the Note 7.. Now considering LG V20, but lack of s pen sad.gif

This post has been edited by xDingx: Sep 23 2016, 09:13 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:23 PM