Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

mydragoon
post Sep 19 2016, 09:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(dauf87 @ Sep 19 2016, 08:42 PM)
Apart from the replacement, is Samsung officially also saying they will sell Note 7 starting 29th Sept?
in Korea, yes, that's the planned date where Samsung start selling Note7 again.

but note.. only in Korea.
mydragoon
post Sep 19 2016, 09:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

from earlier V:
ALT battery factory (The battery supplier of China's Note 7) released an official announcement today. Based on their early stage analysis, they claimed that the root cause has nothing to do with the battery. Based on the burn mark of the phone, they claimed that the heat source was not only coming from the battery iself, it might also caused by some other factors.
So ALT has spoken. They said it's not their responsibility. In other words, they kicked the ball back to Samsung.

from what I understand.. that would mean there's also heat from battery and also from other sources.

but no mention if 3rd party charger was used.

in any case, it makes ppl wonder.. could it really be a design issue? as in physically cramming a big battery into the smaller body?

if this ours truly the case, only way is to reduce battery size, which usually also means battery capacity.

mydragoon
post Sep 19 2016, 09:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(metfan @ Sep 19 2016, 09:46 PM)
Just wanna tell you guys that I sent back my N7 to Maxis this morning. Got a gold J7 as a loaner.
Signed a form telling me that I will be fully responsible for the J7 if anything happens.
Also they told me since it's a new set I will need to return it in 'new condition' so they can sell it later. Not possible I say since I used it....
And the sell it later part, not so ethical to me...
I think they mean as used/ display/ refurbished unit.
mydragoon
post Sep 19 2016, 10:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(ceras @ Sep 19 2016, 10:37 PM)
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/busine...andard#cxrecs_s

Says here that the china case is caused by external heat and not from the battery
from the article:
ATL is owned by Japanese components maker TDK Corp .

wow.. didn't know TDK is still around.. biggrin.gif
mydragoon
post Sep 19 2016, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(petrofsky77 @ Sep 19 2016, 09:59 PM)
What a load of bull. Cmon lah, Redmi Note 3 has smaller phone size and bigger battery than Note 7, but I have yet to hear any RN3 exploding ...

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/samsung-galaxy-not...dmi-note-3-3119
QUOTE(BeastX @ Sep 19 2016, 10:24 PM)
3D dimensions of Redmi Note 3 is slightly bigger than Note 7...... If Samsung removed the s-pen and utilise the space for more battery... it would likely have an equal or greater in battery capacity

S7 edge truly smaller than note 7 w slight more capacity...
yup, as BeastX pointed out, there's the slot for s-pen.

and considering that there's a few other stuff that Samsung put into the phone and also the "water proofing", probably extra space needed for those things as well..

mydragoon
post Sep 20 2016, 09:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 20 2016, 09:40 AM)
They will send back to Samsung to refurbished/repacking then only resell again. People who buy it wont even know about it. Even the phone you holding, it might be refurbished/repacking sets. Nobody knows
it would be sold as refurbished and it should be clearly marked. else, they can be sued for it.

QUOTE(eddien4 @ Sep 20 2016, 09:41 AM)
Is it true got 50% discount for next note 7 for preorder buyer??
no. that was a suggestion made in a very careless manner which made ppl think it's something officially announced by Samsung Malaysia.
mydragoon
post Sep 20 2016, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(lllllx3 @ Sep 20 2016, 10:31 AM)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...&type=3&theater

here is another problem that this owner face (shadow on the front cam) after the replacement...but really really 1 of thousand ..so far ...
haha
at least Samsung Singapore is reaching out to the fella.

Samsung Malaysia just copy and paste the standard reply to all comments on their FB. :S
mydragoon
post Sep 20 2016, 11:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(lexboy85 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:32 AM)
[Samsung]
Thank you for contacting Samsung Malaysian Live Chat Support. My name is mimi.. How may I assist you today?
[me]
hi
i have contact samsung livechat just now
but my internet was disconencted
i need answer for my note 7
maxis do not allow me to return the device because i lost my usb type c adaptor
i have contacted samsung careline n they said will call me back yesterday but i did not receive any call
[Samsung]
First of all, I would like to apologize in all inconvenience cause that you already facing.
customer is advisable to bring full set box (device and all accessories)
[me]
I LOST MY ADAPTOR
[Samsung]
may i know you are inquiry on what issue for this note 7?
[me]
maxis do not allow me to return the device because i lost my usb type c adaptor
i already type up there
[Samsung]
i mean, do you inquiry on the replacement process?
[me]
inquiry from samsung or maxis?
[Samsung]
you go to Maxis for the replacement unit?
kindly bring the full box set together with its accessories which came with the device to proceed with replacement unit
i am apologize for any inconvenience
[me]
i have mention
what if i lost the usb type c adaptor
[Samsung]
in order to proceed with the replacement unit, customer need to have full set of accessories. or else, we are unable to proceed
[me]
so you mean i lost my usb type c adapter and you are not able to replace my unit?
what if my unit explode do samsung malaysia take responsible of it?
you are not solving my problem
[Samsung]
i am apologize for any inconvenience
unfortunately, i am unable to further assist
[me]
i still do not get any answer to my question
please escalate to your manager
[Samsung]
i will escalate this.

so mad talking to samsung live chat ranting.gif
makes me wonder if they share same helpdesk with streamyx... follow script kau2...

but to be frank, i dun expect helpdesk can make any decisions... but i'd think that no need la to buat bodoh... ppl ask A, go answer B pulak.

just say la that is SOP and we need to escalate or sth. waste everyone's time only...
mydragoon
post Sep 20 2016, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(sonyclie77 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:46 AM)
DiGi requires the freebies as well for the exchange?
sonyclie77 errr... if you check... exchange is OPTION 1... meaning only need to return device + box + whatever inside that box

option 2 is refund... which will require return of everything, including the free gifts.
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 08:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(irenic @ Sep 20 2016, 03:33 PM)
how do u know SME wants to sell?

all users should just return everything, then take whole new brand new box. simple. no need to be greedy by keeping the usb c adaptor / cable / earphone etc.. few ringgit stuffs also wants to cheat. sigh...
like u said... a few RM... Samsung can just waive off this tiny cost. their priority, as per their press statement, is customer safety and getting back the phones.

so, just take la the phone.

plus, you think Samsung really going to use back the box and the accessories we give back to them when they sell as refurbished? you think Samsung going to count how many replacement tips are in each pack?

when mass order/ produced, these things cost less than rm1 each...

they should make things easier for all -- including their own ppl. why make their ppl also check for manual, accessories, etc... if anything, they should print new ones to reflect the change and to tell ppl how they can spot the SAFE version of Note7.
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(yuhhaur @ Sep 20 2016, 05:14 PM)
The more I read all these news the more it lead me to think that the battery technology that is use in N7 had problem.

Note 5:
user posted image

Note 7:
user posted image
It looks like the space for the battery is almost the same but N7 had 3500mah instead of 3000 of N5.

hmm.gif
yes, this is one concern i have after reading the Bloomberg article. while there can be claimed that technology improved and battery is now more compact, the thing is... what if it's not the case and Samsung is really pushing the limits here. that can only mean that replacement batteries may suffer the same thing in long run. alternatively, Samsung could just pack a slightly smaller battery, but will ppl be happy? they may claim they bought Note7 coz of the 3500mAh battery.

QUOTE(yuhhaur @ Sep 20 2016, 05:35 PM)
Funny part, I was wondering how they ship the returned phone back to relevant unit for further processing. Bearing in mind now is not one phone, but one lot of phone.

No wonder in US major courier company refuse to take the recall case.

(Digi appointed GDex seems like daredevil, don't scare die lol)
the diff between MNC vs local company. we're the brave ones -- Malaysia Boleh! wink.gif

QUOTE(benny888 @ Sep 20 2016, 05:19 PM)
@Pocketnow: Galaxy Note 7 found not guilty of torching Jeep after ‘thorough investigation’
http://pocketnow.com/2016/09/20/samsung-ga...uilty-jeep-fire
if read the article carefully, it says there's no conclusive evidence to point to Note7 as the cause. however, the cause of fire cannot be determined and yes, Note7 remains a possible "suspect".

mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 08:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(dlsl @ Sep 21 2016, 06:50 AM)
I read the article. it only mentioned this rumour spread in the internet and it is not official statement by ATL and samsung. I also wonder why the owner do not wish to return the phone for investigation as it is well known that note 7 has battery problem. did she want to hire own third party investigation?
but there's a logic not to hand phone to SAMSUNG investigators....

i mean... the suspected party is Samsung and Samsung is investigating it... i mean, we hear similar comments about how how some stuff is done in our country. example: 1MDB. you ask 1MBD ppl to investigate the allegations, do you think ppl will be happy?

and yes, should have 3rd party be involved in the investigation instead,.
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 09:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(noobandroid @ Sep 21 2016, 08:49 AM)
isn't it done by St. Petersburg Fire Rescue that determined that the fire source is possibly not from n7?
*ahem*

my comment was in regards to the china case... wink.gif

the woman who dun wanna hand the burnt phone to Samsung for further investigation.
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 09:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Sep 21 2016, 09:26 AM)
the reason given was she wan a 3rd party to test right?
yes, yes, yes... please read my replies and what i have quoted.... smile.gif
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 12:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(DroppedJaw @ Sep 21 2016, 12:12 PM)
The message say 22th onwards , but people acting today like 22th
he was making a joke...

it's 22ND

and 21ST

and if anyone's asking... or curious... 23RD

This post has been edited by mydragoon: Sep 21 2016, 12:54 PM
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 01:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(Caramelcloud9 @ Sep 21 2016, 12:02 PM)
Do u all think this current issue with note 7 will settle after this. Thinking to get one for my hub but since theres a lot prob with note 7 have to postpone. My hubby really love the s pen. Is there any other suggestion beside note 7
if in love with the pen... not many options out there that's as good as Samsung's Note series.

you can go with last year's version, if storage is not an issue (Note5 does not have microSD slot).

in regards to whether the issue is sorted out or not, we can only trust Samsung's word for now. we'll have to see what happens when more of the new batches are in the wild and when there's enough units to meet the %... like 1 in 40k suddenly blowing up means theoretically speaking, 40k units of new note7 need to be in hands of owners...

then there's also the "nagging" feel... initial reports seems to say that samsung may have crammed a BIG battery into a small space within the phone, causing stress and pressure to the battery... making it heat up easier than it would otherwise be. it also meant the anode is more likely to touch the cathode in the battery (they are supposed to be separate)...

so, not sure if this one can be "fixed" or not by getting another manufacturer. so far, china (hong kong and macau) units are not having any such issues -- phone explosion. ok... that is if we discount the 1-2 cases which is still under investigation.

that also, itself... can be a problem. which factory is doing the battery? it looks like it might not be Samsung factory. so... could it be some 3rd party factory... is the quality going to be better? or at least the same? if worse... then it's going to be nightmare for both samsung and owners.

2-3 weeks is kinda short notice to place order for like 2 million batteries... but... well, i'd like to think Samsung somehow managed to arrange for it...
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 01:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(xDingx @ Sep 21 2016, 01:21 PM)
Other than  the battery issues, Samsung has to work on the airlines restrictions too..
that is not for samsung to fix... but yes, airlines will wanna wait a few weeks to see what happens.

and then see how... Samsung has done their part to allow airlines a method to quickly check the phone, if the airlines want to.

long term, it's also not good for airlines since... it's difficult as it is to ask ppl to show their phones to check. and if asking ppl to declare... also another issue la.
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 01:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 21 2016, 01:28 PM)
It's also difficult to differentiate. Not everyone will bring the new box with the new sticker on board. Not to mention that the new green battery indicator, which I think is not good enough. Samsung should do something with the phone appearance instead of the software. Such as putting a new logo on the new phone or something. That would be much easier to be recognized.
lemme ask you... you recognize all the logo in the world? also, logo is about corporate branding. one does not simple change it, or put new colour to it.

new battery indicator... but pressing and holding the power button seems easy enough. Samsung claims that that update is only available to the new batches.

plus... physical difference like colour, etc... all can be mitigated when ppl put phone case or apply skins.
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 01:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 21 2016, 01:24 PM)
IINM, Samsung did claimed that the battery supplier of all the newer batches will be ALT.
really? coz the ones i read just said they have different supplier but never mention which company.

ALT mentioned in some articles as battery provider for China batches.

anyway, since you read it... can share link? wink.gif
mydragoon
post Sep 21 2016, 01:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(eagleknight @ Sep 21 2016, 01:50 PM)
May be at Setting/My Device/.... Name it as Note 7s will be good enough, simple and easy to show it at check point
which you think would be easier? press so many settings and then see that tiny text message?

or press and hold button and see an image?

smile.gif

do also note that not everyone is well versed in EN. and if phone is in non-EN, then how to understand? just see anything that resembles a 7 and an S? smile.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0776sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:13 AM