Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

lookie
post Sep 20 2016, 11:28 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

yep SME should just suck it up and be like Samsung SG, just allow ppl to keep the accesories if they want to. maybe you can resell the chargers and cables, but who wants to buy refurbished earphones??

it'll also generate a fair bit of goodwill among the suffering pre-order buyers. many of whom are likely to be repeat buyers and also likely to be opinion leaders among their cliques.
lookie
post Sep 21 2016, 03:53 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

latest version of Phone INFO ★Samsung★, now includes option to check n7 recall status within the app itself.
great for those lazy to key in their IMEI thumbup.gif

Phone INFO ★Samsung★
lookie
post Sep 21 2016, 04:26 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

i am not attached to samsung but am attached to using the spen. tried s7e and huawei mate 8 for a few months during the waiting time for n7 (skipped the n5) but really felt something missing without the pen.

lg did release a half hearted challenger to the note series a while back, but mid level specs and lacking much of note features so it bombed. but seriously if another company comes up with a good alternative - high end specs, well tought out phablet features (not just stick a pen to their flagship phone for instance) - i really wont mind trying.
lookie
post Sep 26 2016, 11:54 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

imma just gonna walk in, give them the phone and box and ask politely, can i keep the accesories? if they say yeah sure, then i will keep it, i aint gonna act all self-righteous and refuse it. but if they say no, then it's ok, it's no biggie off my nose either.

lookie
post Sep 29 2016, 11:21 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

?? why so excited about the exchange? not like upgrading to note 8 or 9 also...hehe. it's still the same phone

myself actually a bit lazy to do the swap right now, coz got my phone set up as i like, and really enjoy using the phone the past few weeks naked..sans covers and protectors. i dread after the swap have to put back on covers again and spend hours to do all the setting ups. but have to do it eventually, just wait till the dust settles a bit.
lookie
post Oct 5 2016, 10:45 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(kinmin888 @ Oct 5 2016, 10:32 AM)
Exchanged set of note 7 feel some warm in the hands.

A check on cpu z review the battery at a hopping 40 deg  c during normal web surfing.

Anyone else feed facing this issue?
mine idles around 27c in aircon environment, 31c outside, if a warm day and inside pocket..can be as high as 33-35c.

40c during surfing is a bit high, could be you are surfing heavy sites, or have stuff running on the background.
lookie
post Oct 5 2016, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Oct 5 2016, 10:47 AM)
Nope. Never turn on the always on display on my N7 and S7e. This battery drop occurs to my pre-recalled "explosive" N7 also. Average drop 5-8% overnight.
see if u have syncs running in the background.

1 possible culprit is samsung cloud. the damn thing quite invasive and by default uploads your gallery to their cloud... doh.gif
lookie
post Oct 5 2016, 10:54 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(jrrsim @ Oct 5 2016, 10:50 AM)
sifus.. how do you get <5% battery drop at night wo.. i turn off AOD at night + close all apps + battery maintenance at 100% still will drop 6% over 7hours.
u try la..put on flight mode for 1 night. if drop a bit only, then u would have narrow your culprits to either apps running syncs in the background, or poor reception thus causing the phone to spend juice trying to scan and keep connections.

then u can slowly eliminate see which apps running and syncing while u sleep.. biggrin.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.51    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd December 2022 - 08:29 PM