Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29 (Samsung)

views

jrrsim
post Sep 19 2016, 07:41 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

Hi TS ( sengkin95 ),

can i request that you note in the top post for forumers to avoid name calling even if they seems to be censoring it..

example: s***i, a**h**e etc

This post has been edited by jrrsim: Sep 19 2016, 07:42 PM
jrrsim
post Sep 19 2016, 07:46 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 19 2016, 07:45 PM)
Samsung’s Obsession With Beating ‘Dull’ iPhone 7 Blamed for Galaxy Note 7 Battery Flaw

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/samsung...ttery-flaw.html
was reading the full story also: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...nspiring-iphone
jrrsim
post Sep 19 2016, 08:45 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(chard168 @ Sep 19 2016, 08:37 PM)
agree. they have no right to call someone s***i. we risk our own lives in order to keep testing the phone on samsung's behalf.  cool2.gif
haha.. okla.. dunnit to start flame wars la.. let's keep the discussions respectful.. wink3.gif
jrrsim
post Sep 19 2016, 09:53 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Sep 19 2016, 09:46 PM)
not needed as being polite is a common rule in forum
unless you post in kopitiam whistling.gif
common rule that some people are ignorantly flouting.. just my opinion anyway.
jrrsim
post Sep 20 2016, 10:50 AM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(UnderTheSun @ Sep 20 2016, 10:45 AM)
The exact same amount? Haven't come across any article or news on this yet. Please share link to the article.

Again and again, the issue is the phone. Not the accessories. Not EVEN the box.. OMG
This is purely my theory but i think he is pretty much right. To ensure minimal fuss for the production, they would obviously choose to manufacture the same amount of phones for each market (so either everyone gets the same colour or you get the colour you picked previously), otherwise, they will have to make plenty extra in case suddenly all black onyx users choose silver for example. if u were original silver user but when u go to pick up your phone left black, u will be pissed. This is the most logical solution.

For the case of the box, I think they want to avoid people having the wrong imei number etc etc printed on the box.

However, for the accessories, this seems to be limited to SME, so I don't see the logic in demanding everything in the box to be returned.

jrrsim
post Sep 20 2016, 11:21 AM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(yuhhaur @ Sep 20 2016, 11:11 AM)
Not to be bias on either side, but I think both would want to gain some advantage over the other party in this exercise.

Owner wants to take advantage when returning less accessories back and expect SME to give them a whole new set with complete accessories.

SME wants to recover as many accessories as possible (more recover = more potential buyer in accessories, more recover = less to re-include in the refurbished set later)

Call me skeptical but I am sure some of the users out there would like to take this advantage.

IMHO the exchange should be strict, whatever accessories you didn't return, deduct from the replacement set. The condition of the phone doesn't matter if the screen cracked, not bootable, (missing SPen is arguable)
i think there is a flaw in your theory, these minimal profit gains should not be in the minds of Samsung, their main priority should be focused on damage control and building back brand loyalty. Future sales and rave reviews from existing pre-order customers is worth much more than the few ringgit they can probably save but which would bring in more complaints and viral news from users.

With such a big "explosion" going on, saving pennies on the dollar seems like a dumb move but that's probably just me.

Samsung has already inadvertently caused so much hassle and embarrassment to the customers (and themselves), they are expected to lose a hefty amount, so just let customers "take advantage" over these petty things la. Demanding for VR or IconX or other things is possibly slightly overboard but getting a few "free" accessories doesn't add much to their basic cost when it's supposed to be going to the dumps anyway.

This post has been edited by jrrsim: Sep 20 2016, 11:25 AM
jrrsim
post Sep 20 2016, 03:00 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

-deleted-

This post has been edited by jrrsim: Sep 20 2016, 03:03 PM
jrrsim
post Sep 21 2016, 04:02 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/21/12998082...-sprint-verizon

US carriers beginning to sell note 7 again..
jrrsim
post Sep 21 2016, 07:29 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(RVN10 @ Sep 21 2016, 05:24 PM)
Everyone i just got call from Samsung after my chat with Samsung live chat this morning.  I ask them about 1 to 1 replacement in case of  missing accessories.

The customer service person just confirmed SME received instruction from HQ, that all exchange should still be done irregardless of status  accessories.

What important is the phone and box. Just need to bring phone and box for replacement.

This information will be sent out to all dealer and service center via internal memo in 2 days time.
So similar to SG right? Return defective phone with box due to safety concerns, not together with tidbits which makes no sense and makes it problematic except for financial reasons
jrrsim
post Sep 21 2016, 09:36 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

tried to google for overseas way of returning the phone, nada, all just say new box will have small black square to indicate phone ok, nothing about even returning the original box or anything.. the only one i can find is SG which say lost box or accessories nvm, go exchange is most important.

malaysia only come out statement about return box.. why ar? anyone can find any info, maybe my googling sucks..
jrrsim
post Sep 21 2016, 11:03 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(Kopi '0' Ping @ Sep 21 2016, 10:59 PM)
WTH, bunch of cheapskates try to just return the phone and keep all other accessories in the box. These ppl are just so idiot and disgusting.

Before u blame SME requesting u to return the box with full accessories in the box, ask urself, how good are u? just a cheapskate try to take advantage on everything. Samsung is asking for full accessories in return with a brand new phone with full accessories to you! and yet u blame SME requesting u to return the phone and accessories??? I really cant blame these disgusting cheapskate ppl.
Mods or Staff, kindly take action, apparently name calling is this guy's natural way of expression.

I dunno any mods so maybe whoever is a longtimer can tag them..

This post has been edited by jrrsim: Sep 21 2016, 11:04 PM
jrrsim
post Sep 21 2016, 11:06 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(stevenryl86 @ Sep 21 2016, 10:38 PM)
Posted  before:-

Reminder to owners of Note 7 on the upcoming replacement:-

Link

06 September 2016 - As the customers’ safety is our absolute priority, the replacement initiatives for Samsung Galaxy Note7 in Malaysia will take place from 29th September 2016 onwards. Further details are as follows: -
Replacement date: From 29th September 2016 onwards
Replacement Location: Customers may return their existing Galaxy Note7 and collect their new Galaxy Note7 at the place of purchase (original place of collection)
Replacement Time: 10.00am till 10.00pm
Replacement Conditions: Customers are required to bring the full box set including a charger and cable; headset and USB Connector
For more enquiries, please call Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1800-88-7799.
Once again please read and don't make the fool out of yourself if you did not bring the abovementioned.
just wondering about overseas way of returning, i know malaysia's version obviously.. i'm talking about overseas version..
jrrsim
post Sep 21 2016, 11:14 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(desmondk @ Sep 21 2016, 11:08 PM)
He/she is kinda rude. But I don't see any problem with the post. Unless you took it personally.
dunno, this thread has too many haters, so i prefer if everyone keeps things civil and not resort to namecalling even if it is not directed personally at anyone, especially those that drop in to judge like they are saints..

of course i have no idea what is in their minds, ok, actually i'll just keep quiet and lurk.. too many haters
jrrsim
post Sep 24 2016, 12:19 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

really don't understand all the SME -defenders here, let everyone have their choice. Everyone wants to take the fullest advantage of everything, you think all the big companies, Samsung, Apple are selling their products at cost? they are also making handsome profits off each device, they are also taking advantage of people, it's capitalism and human nature.
QUOTE(phonearena (USA exchange program))
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Gal...-a-mess_id85543
... in order to exchange a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 purchased before September 15, you don't need the box or the accessories that you've received with the phone. It's perfectly fine to bring just the device and you should be qualified for a free replacement or a loaner until your new Galaxy Note 7 arrives in stock. ...

Only SME dictates all in box accessories has to be returned, so why the double standards SME-defenders? Are you waiting to collect the returned accessories to scalp? otherwise, just STFU

This post has been edited by jrrsim: Sep 24 2016, 12:23 PM
jrrsim
post Sep 24 2016, 01:04 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 24 2016, 12:58 PM)
Just because you see other country have better benefit than us in Malaysia, then all also request want follow. Is like you saw your friend have that toy, then you also go back cry and whine to your mom to buy you that toy. Such mindset. This is happening now in Malaysia. Typical Malaysian.
SME is your mummy ar? ok ok, dun cry ar ur mummy din gib u note 7. or mummy promise u accessories to sell but now everyone dowan gib back accessory?

This post has been edited by jrrsim: Sep 24 2016, 01:04 PM
jrrsim
post Sep 24 2016, 07:53 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(BeastX @ Sep 24 2016, 07:50 PM)
Here's a discovery: Plugging in a native USB-C cable to samsung's power bank.... the phone discharges to the power bank (instead of charging the phone)
yeah, USB-C has bi-directional power output, it can be used as a power bank as well if necessary.
jrrsim
post Sep 25 2016, 08:46 AM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Sep 25 2016, 08:40 AM)
guys.. please learn to respect other ppl's decision what they wanna do at exchange - return all, or keep all.

no need to impose your own set of beliefs on others. if anything, this is precisely what some terror groups are doing - imposing their own set of beliefs on others.

you can share what you think, but no need to call names or insist ppl must follow. insisting ppl must follow is not called sharing liao..

ok?

I see so many name calling, etc... such sadness in this world..
fully agreed!
jrrsim
post Sep 26 2016, 02:35 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

anybody know how to access notification log/ notification history for cases where accidentally ter-swipe/ter-clear notifications?
jrrsim
post Sep 26 2016, 03:26 PM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 26 2016, 02:52 PM)
Don't think there's such a way to access...But isn't there a badge notification count on the app icon to show how many notification number count inside?
Like the message from Samsung limiting 60%, i clicked the notification and it went to mysamsung app i think, but the message wasn't shown in mysamsung app so i didn't get to read it at all.. however someone posted it here so i read from there.. nothing too important but sometimes annoying cos the app doesn't show all notifications inside the app..
jrrsim
post Sep 27 2016, 11:22 AM

Armchair Expert #007
607 posts

QUOTE(Raymond Chong LK @ Sep 27 2016, 11:19 AM)
Ala, I should've posted and read this before wasting RM 89 and giving back everything!
SME would like to thank you for your continued support in these challenging times.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0272sec    0.19    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th August 2022 - 07:39 AM