Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

desmondk
post Sep 20 2016, 10:15 AM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 20 2016, 09:40 AM)
They will send back to Samsung to refurbished/repacking then only resell again. People who buy it wont even know about it. Even the phone you holding, it might be refurbished/repacking sets. Nobody knows
That is totally bs. You will know when it is a refurbished unit, the price will be different. They wont sell it as new unit.

This post has been edited by desmondk: Sep 20 2016, 10:15 AM
desmondk
post Sep 20 2016, 04:29 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(Wind82 @ Sep 20 2016, 04:00 PM)
How do you know people want to keep the accessories? How bout people who have lost it? Not everyone wants to cheat.

Simply denying exchange due to incomplete set is simply ridiculous. It's like our life is actually less important than that few RM like you said.
Simply denying exchange due to incomplete set is simply ridiculous. +1 to this.

Those who with missing accessories should just pay for the accessories or Samsung can get it back from the new box during the exchange.
desmondk
post Sep 21 2016, 11:06 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(Kopi '0' Ping @ Sep 21 2016, 10:59 PM)
WTH, bunch of cheapskates try to just return the phone and keep all other accessories in the box. These ppl are just so idiot and disgusting.

Before u blame SME requesting u to return the box with full accessories in the box, ask urself, how good are u? just a cheapskate try to take advantage on everything. Samsung is asking for full accessories in return with a brand new phone with full accessories to you! and yet u blame SME requesting u to return the phone and accessories??? I really cant blame these disgusting cheapskate ppl.
There are many different kinds of people here... can't really please everyone.

The only issue is someone mentioned their unit was rejected when there is missing accessories.
Samsung shouldn't reject it right away as the recall is inevitable.
Any other solutions can be make to handle those with missing accessories.
desmondk
post Sep 21 2016, 11:08 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(jrrsim @ Sep 21 2016, 11:03 PM)
Mods or Staff, kindly take action, apparently name calling is this guy's natural way of expression.

I dunno any mods so maybe whoever is a longtimer can tag them..
He/she is kinda rude. But I don't see any problem with the post. Unless you took it personally.
desmondk
post Sep 21 2016, 11:25 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(jrrsim @ Sep 21 2016, 11:14 PM)
dunno, this thread has too many haters, so i prefer if everyone keeps things civil and not resort to namecalling even if it is not directed personally at anyone, especially those that drop in to judge like they are saints..

of course i have no idea what is in their minds, ok, actually i'll just keep quiet and lurk.. too many haters
chill bro. just have fun here.

there are many kinds of people here, not only haters.

Beware of those below as well,

Those who like to share news
Those who don't like those who sharing too many news here
Those who keep on bashing on SME
Those who never satisfy with what Samsung announce
and so many more...

Oh no, am I name calling here?
hope no one get butt-hurt.

Have fun.
desmondk
post Sep 23 2016, 05:17 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(becauseyuckfou @ Sep 23 2016, 01:31 PM)
Its funny when you even bothered to find what I said.

Hence, I clearly said my Note models. Never in my list is Note 5. YOUR assumption doesn't do the trick that I dont like the Note 7. I bought it because clearly I like it.

When I clearly asked what IF I lose faith does not imply that I dont like it. It just meant that what IF I dont trust Note 7 AND Samsung too after the fiascos.
AND, I did not said that I dont want a s-pen, I like it obviously, but as mentioned earlier IF I am about to lose faith, what can possibly be the replacement?

AND, you cant call me forgetful with what I said because you are only assuming and giving answers not to my questions. I have more than 2 persons giving better suggestion than you do and that makes you alone having difficulty understand what I preached.

The ball is on your hand now.
Edited : I am an owner, whats wrong on giving up and asking for suggestion? Are you still sleepy? Lul.
Dude..chill...

He/she is simply suggesting you to continue to use note 5(if you have one) if you ever lose faith to note 7.
Do not need to get so heat up even he/she used some rough language.
Just ignore or report.

Here do not need anymore drama to make it interesting...

desmondk
post Sep 23 2016, 05:58 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(jerryhean @ Sep 23 2016, 05:55 PM)
Somehow I got the excitement of collecting the exchange unit just like preorder time. But I am not collecting myself this time.
Actually I'm more excited this time.
I wonder why...
desmondk
post Sep 24 2016, 10:45 AM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 24 2016, 10:17 AM)
+1

Typical Malaysian mentality lo. Always want take things for granted and never appreciate.
Please la people. Cut Samsung some slack la. They already very generous enough to do a global recall and exchange every N7 unconditionally. You people lagi want to keep this keep that. This is why i describe these people retards in my previous post. Seriously there are no other words could describe this kind of cheapskate. Take a look in Samsung Mobile Malaysia facebook post.  dry.gif  dry.gif
dude..take a chill pil.

just let them be.
if they choose to keep those accessories and be a "retard' as you said. let them be.

You can't force everyone to be a saint like you.

IMHO, You can practically do anything you want, as long as you do not hurt anyone.

P/S,
I sent my note 7 full set with box to sc. flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif

This post has been edited by desmondk: Sep 24 2016, 10:46 AM
desmondk
post Sep 24 2016, 02:48 PM

On my way
612 posts

Everyone..too much hates going on right now.
Chill~~

You do not need tell anyone here what you gonna do during the exchange...it's up to you to keep or surrender all the accessories.. it's also up to them to reject or accept your unit..

and you do not need to critic people as they do not have the same mind set with you.
Don't go around calling people retards for keeping the accessories or calling people chicken for following the standard procedure of exchange.

This post has been edited by desmondk: Sep 24 2016, 02:48 PM
desmondk
post Sep 27 2016, 05:21 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(kc6012 @ Sep 27 2016, 01:29 PM)
Found a set of adapter, cable and earphone
Totally like original, even my friend work with Samsung also can't differentiate
Gonna give them this set of accessories
S Pen decides keep it (tell them accidentally drop the pen somewhere
Bro, this kind of post is the one that ignited those unnecessary conflicts here.

You do not need to self claim what you gonna to do to help to ease your mind.

Other people is gonna start name calling you, calling you a cheap skate or whatever.

Stop it. Just keep it to yourself

This post has been edited by desmondk: Sep 27 2016, 05:49 PM
desmondk
post Sep 28 2016, 11:28 AM

On my way
612 posts

I called service centre and SES yesterday both gave different answers

Service Centre: You are required to come and collect your phone first then head to exchange at SES.

SES: according to my list, your unit is to exchange at service centre.

Just called CS this morning, at last confirm to exchange at service centre.
Called service centre again, they told me replacement unit haven't reach them yet. will call me once the replacement unit is ready to collect.

Too bad, I can't get it tomorrow. =(
desmondk
post Sep 28 2016, 05:53 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(stevenryl86 @ Sep 28 2016, 05:42 PM)
What so gan chiong on the replacement?

I'm happily don't the replacement on 30th, what so fuss?

You die die must do it on 29th?
I'm the worst. the SC can't even tell me when can I go and collect my new replacement unit.

Well, let's just hope for a hassle-free phone.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
desmondk
post Sep 29 2016, 09:48 AM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Sep 29 2016, 09:39 AM)
Some of them just being a little sarcastic, yeah to certain extend provoking. But reading through many of the previous post, many has been called cheapskate, retarded, etc. No one deserve to be called that, considering that we not only want to keep the accessories ourselves but we're sharing here hoping that those (I believe many) who wants to keep the accessories can do so. We spent time calling and live chat with Samsung, and I even called one shop I'm familiar with to confirm that and share it out so that everyone can benefit.
Yea, it is wrong for one being called as a cheapskate.

When someone is provoking towards you or anyone else, it doesn't give you the right to do the same thing.

If you do not like their post, simply ignore it or report it.

There isn't any need to spread anymore hatred and negativity here.

Peace.
desmondk
post Sep 29 2016, 05:57 PM

On my way
612 posts

Exchanged mine from sc just. Pleasant experience. everything was smooth.

Paid RM99 for another year of warranty.
Didn't even bother to look at the glass protector, I like it naked.

Phone manufactured at 23rd Sept, Batt icon is green out of the box.
So far so good.
out of the box 87% batt (1pm), after transfer files from my note3, some light use and 1 hour of GPS driving, now the batt left 17%(5.57pm)
desmondk
post Oct 1 2016, 12:13 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(khainiz94 @ Oct 1 2016, 12:00 PM)
Want to ask everyone, is this normal? Only using for browsing, YouTubing, WhatsApp via 4G.
Carrier Digi.
there is no problem with it.
desmondk
post Oct 1 2016, 12:42 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(khainiz94 @ Oct 1 2016, 12:18 PM)
I hope its okay. Because the phone quite warm to the touch. 66 degree CPU is normal huh?
normal if it is under load. not normal if it is idle.
desmondk
post Oct 5 2016, 10:42 AM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Oct 5 2016, 10:40 AM)
N7 standby time not so good i would say. Went to bed at 12am at around 55%. Woke up 7am battery left 48%. Wifi on 5Ghz. My previous S7e drop only 2 to 3% overnight
Did you have the always on display? if yes, average it would depletes 1% per hour.
desmondk
post Oct 5 2016, 04:51 PM

On my way
612 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Oct 5 2016, 04:17 PM)
Android 6.0 has doze effect built in. It is totally unnecessary to even use Greenify as the app will interfere with doze. On my ex Note7 n current phones using Android 6.01 my battery drain overnight for all is around 2-3% overnight 7-8 hours. This is with wifi on , sync on, and mobile data ,Bluetooth and GPS off
I don't install any other battery saving app, memory managers, app booster etc as these are unnecessary with Android 6.0 and above
I don't even use Samsung built in app to manage caches, battery etc.
Uncle benny, you do not use always on display right?

without always on, I can get 2-3%
with always on, I get 1% per hour
desmondk
post Oct 5 2016, 05:32 PM

On my way
612 posts

Anyone here experienced the setting icon in the drag down menu is malfunction sometimes?

Meaning there is no response when you touched there.
desmondk
post Oct 6 2016, 12:02 PM

On my way
612 posts

[quote=ramarao,Oct 6 2016, 08:53 AM]
[quote=zubayr,Oct 6 2016, 08:48 AM]
my oh my!

http://english.astroawani.com/world-news/u...ne-fire-118564#

[/quote

Luckily i opted for refund, I love the Note7 but I prefer to wait for N8, hopefully no repeated mistakes from Samsung

[/quote]

THis is exactly one of the posts that spreads unnecessary negativity.
Dude, the article never mentions the unit exploded is Note 7.
So, your statement regarding to refund N7 and wait for N8 is unvalid.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd December 2022 - 08:09 PM