Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(jack3218 @ Sep 20 2016, 12:14 AM)
Any Senheng customer here ? Let say on 29 i unable to show up and change my phone can i do it on 30th or later ?
Yes. It says 29 onwards.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 10:34 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Sep 20 2016, 08:42 AM)
As per what monked said, Samsung is currently trying to cope with the replacement program and produce the exact same amount of phone for we all. So if lets say everyone want to change color, wouldn't it be a mess?

As for accessories, imagine if u sent it back ur phone only, is it OK if samsung hand u only the new phone? without any box?
+1
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 20 2016, 10:23 AM)
Nope, so far so good. there's no significant news/reports to show that users are having booloop issues on the replacement units. However, previously there's a forumer reporting that Samsung Singapore facebook page got complaints regarding Singapore owner had bootloop issue on the replacement phone. I went there and checked. Yes, there's complaints. However, the amount is very small though. Could be isolated cases.

IMO, it's still too early to say, since the replacement day (in some other countries) only started couple days ago. Only times can tell whether the replacement units are completely problem free.
Since you are a potential user, do you want to buy my replacement unit? Might give up with the Note7 already. πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:35 AM)
all sealed in box..will check again tonight...to double confirm tongue.gif
Plot twist : phone not found. brows.gif
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(i am number 2 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:12 AM)
PM me the details (colour of the phone) and price that u are letting go the Note 7.
BTW, I am only available to deal on 7 Oct 2016 when i am back from overseas.  icon_rolleyes.gif
The irony, though. I'll be flying on Oct 8th lol. But 7th is fine too.

Keyword : I might. (big chance)
Eyeing on few phones at the moment. Will PM you as soon as I found 1.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(sonyclie77 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:51 AM)
Alright thanks.

Got option to refund is good.
During my Livechat with Samsung rep, they also mentioned about refunding. But I can't decide whether it's legit or not.

Welcome to Malaysia.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 20 2016, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(sonyclie77 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:54 AM)
So far no one has successfully done so?
They also mentioned they need to concentrate on the replacement first. It's kinda tough anyhow.

If we have taken our replacement unit, are we still eligible for a refund? (if the box is still sealed) That's the question.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 22 2016, 12:16 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

Samsung has made us all arguing to each other for nothing. Lulz.

If anyone wanna be a cheapskate, let them be. For those who dont, stop complaining. It aint gonna affect YOUR unit in any mean.

I dont mind handing over my accessories back to SME, but if I gotta choice not to, it's a bonus. Who doesnt like extra little gifts anyway?

===========

Dunno whether any of you has receive a push notification sent by SME telling that we can only charge our device until 60% starting today.

This post has been edited by becauseyuckfou: Sep 22 2016, 12:18 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 22 2016, 12:19 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

Oh sorry. I missed the boat. Too lazy to scroll throughout yesterday. Hatred are spreaded. Lulz
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 22 2016, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Star_knight79 @ Sep 22 2016, 07:29 PM)
Sometimes I just don't understand why ppl get so angry when they saw those opportunist comments. Like some ktards said before, they wanna keep the accessories, let them be. You wanna surrender all, just do it. It's not like they are going to affect your profit, life or anything. Can't you just do like me, surrender all and then just move on. Samsung never make any noise, and yet you wanna call ppl retards, stupid etc... Like non educated savage. Please show some respect to humanity and don't expect everyone to do as what you think fit. People are different. And that's make the world interesting.
Oi! I was the one who said that. Am I ktards? πŸ˜™πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜™πŸ˜Ž
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 22 2016, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(apecx92 @ Sep 22 2016, 09:17 PM)
LoL suddenly my  update and download latest software although i already disable the auto update.
Happening to me too. I got scared and turned it off right away lol. Some more I'm outside,don't wanna lose my data lull.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 22 2016, 11:56 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

OT :

If I am about to lose faith in Note7 (or perhaps w Samsung too), what is possibly the closest call for me as an exchange? Other than Fruit phones.

I just wonder.

This may sounds crazy, but Honor8 and Mate8 does a good job iinm. (Other than their lousy camera). I am also waiting for the V20 and Mate9 but there is no specific date yet. I might surrender mine to a new owner once I get the replacement unit. Makes me have little time to browse around and see what cant be unseen. I've been with Samsung for almost 7 years with 10 devices already!

Inb4, TLDR.

Edited : P9 plus, anyone?

This post has been edited by becauseyuckfou: Sep 23 2016, 03:04 AM
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 12:46 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 23 2016, 12:12 AM)
Coming from Note series, if I am in your shoes, I will go for Mate 9. Large display, QHD (may be), large battery, dual camera lens co-work with LeicaΒ  (assuming better than P9). IMO, if you ask me which device is closest to Note series (minus the S-Pen), I would say the answer is Mate series from Huawei.
First I need to get rid of my s-pen habit, then I guess I'll be good to go.
(Note1, Note2, Note3, Note Edge, Note7, Note 10.1) Well..............

As for substitute phone, I recently dumped the old Samsung's flagship to Honor 5C. I kinda like the UI, it has no lag so far, and eventho the camera does not have the wow factor, it isn't so bad too imho.

I've read ton of reviews about Huawei, they nailed it this time. Hardly find people thrash-talking about Huawei phones.

Also mentioned in a blog (forgotten where I read it), Mate9 will be launched in the US around Nov-Dec, and I guess it will only available in Malaysia next year. I couldn't wait that long :/

This post has been edited by becauseyuckfou: Sep 23 2016, 12:48 AM
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 12:58 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(kding2 @ Sep 23 2016, 12:54 AM)
What's wrong with sticking to note 5 if you don't like note 7? Is there some kind of rule you must buy(forced) a new phone every year or what?
I got Note5 on my list? If youre sleepy just go to sleep. Lulz

And never said I dont like Note7. You must be drunk or something.

This post has been edited by becauseyuckfou: Sep 23 2016, 01:02 AM
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Sep 23 2016, 12:51 AM)
If that's the case, then I guess the only choice left is LG V20. Most likely it won't come to Malaysia, at least in this year. May be you can go for AP set. but again, LG flagships got the infamous bootloop issues (LG G4 & LG V10), not sure if they already fixed the issue in LG V20....
Yeap. I noticed that too. It is a good phone but wouldn't want to take any chance..
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 01:23 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(XeactorZ @ Sep 23 2016, 01:18 AM)
can consider Sony Xperia XZ
as for honor 8 camera, I don't think their camera is lousy (if compare to note 7 definitely lousy)
Also have not launch in Malaysia yet. That one also on my list haha.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 09:24 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Sep 23 2016, 09:04 AM)
I was using Nova launcher biggrin.gif quite smooth also hehe... been using it on my other phones and no issue
hahaha..i am also thinking of P9 plus..but other than their famous camera...the phone seems like normal only :/
Not THAT normal but also not THAT extraordinary too. I've read multiple reviewers saying that it is a lot less like Note 7 but with a much more reasonable price. Note7 surely has more features than any other "flagship" but it is all about faith now haha.

Oneplus3 seems to be promising too. But being a Samsung "loyal" customer since Tab1, buying other brands is kinda hard for me though.

Basically it goes like this,

If you're dumping your Note7, go for Mate 8.
But, Honor 8 => Mate 8.
Anyhow, P9+ > P9 > Mate 8.
Hence, P9+ <=> OP3.

This is why I hate math.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Sep 23 2016, 09:30 AM)
Though I just started using Note series...got hooked up with the spen adi...hard to make a choice now  sweat.gif

anyone was using p9+ before buying note 7? can share some insight? biggrin.gif
Using 1st Note series and got you hooked up d. I have used 5! Even harder weyyy haha.
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
200 posts

After the battery update, how is your battery performance? I unplugged mine around 7am today, now 15% left already. Not much using it. Haihzz

This post has been edited by becauseyuckfou: Sep 23 2016, 11:56 AM
becauseyuckfou
post Sep 23 2016, 01:31 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(kding2 @ Sep 23 2016, 12:55 PM)
I am not drunk and i think you are a very forgetful person as you were clearly don't remember what you said.

You said "if" you lost faith on note 7 in your post and i gave you a rhetorical answer on that and you said you have been using 10 samsung devices,Β  so i assuming you had note 5 or note series since you said you need to get of your s-pen habit. I am simply suggesting one doesn't need to buy a new phone or other brands if you don't want note 7 but at the same time you want the s-pen.

Here is what you SAID:
Its funny when you even bothered to find what I said.

Hence, I clearly said my Note models. Never in my list is Note 5. YOUR assumption doesn't do the trick that I dont like the Note 7. I bought it because clearly I like it.

When I clearly asked what IF I lose faith does not imply that I dont like it. It just meant that what IF I dont trust Note 7 AND Samsung too after the fiascos.

AND, I did not said that I dont want a s-pen, I like it obviously, but as mentioned earlier IF I am about to lose faith, what can possibly be the replacement?

AND, you cant call me forgetful with what I said because you are only assuming and giving answers not to my questions. I have more than 2 persons giving better suggestion than you do and that makes you alone having difficulty understand what I preached.

The ball is on your hand now.

Edited : I am an owner, whats wrong on giving up and asking for suggestion? Are you still sleepy? Lul.

This post has been edited by becauseyuckfou: Sep 23 2016, 01:34 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 09:33 AM