Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 03:54 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

I just got my replacement Note 7 today, any recent news on the flight ban? Is it lifted yet or still enforce?
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

Can I still ask for refund after replacement?
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Oct 6 2016, 04:28 PM)
Is this a question or a wishful thinking? sweat.gif Refund is no longer an option anymore.
I thought everything should be fine after replacement, it seems that flight ban is still in place. And another Note 7 case in US smoking on a flight.

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Oct 6 2016, 04:30 PM)
yup. it's dangerous to put in check in luggage..

I think better post at AirAsia FB page.

see what their response. it's serious case  dry.gif
My recent trip to China state that powerbank needs to be hand carried. So my guess is lithium battery cannot be checked in.
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 05:10 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Oct 6 2016, 05:06 PM)
I have actually asked this question to the Samsung staff when i collect my replacement

he said can

and i rmb reading somewhere that Samsung have to provide the refund option for another 30 days after users collected the replacement

perhaps someone can check on this?
Thanks for informing, the last time I checked with Courts they request back all the freebies, this was before replacement. Now I am not sure what is their requirement.
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 05:44 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

If new replacement Note 7 still caught fire, I think Samsung should refund all Note 7 and keep it off market. Saves all the hassle and further bad news.

https://www.lowyat.net/2016/115939/safe-sam...ire-on-a-plane/
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Oct 6 2016, 05:55 PM)
Ya ... Saw that news... Really sad note 7 become like this , my note 4 was almost sold to one of my coworker so I can find for note 7 upgrade.... But with all this issue and today news on lowyat front page.
I have decided to keep my note 4 for another year, but need to buy new battery for it becoz my original battery is depleting super fast now... Half day and less than 30% battery left with moderate use.
My Note 2 still working. Lucky I haven't decommission it, keeping my Note 7 in the box first and see what happens in the upcoming few weeks.
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Oct 6 2016, 05:57 PM)
The Courts officer  informed me during my exchange she had even accepted a cracked display Gold unit yesterday!
Despite Courts clear Facebook instructions I was not allowed to keep the accessories. As this was just a minor issue to me I just let it go n not make any trouble for her. She was acting on her superior's instructions to collect back a full set.
I lost my old S pen and the motherboard cooked (due to overheating according to Samsung SC), Courts still accept it. But the new pen is wobbly (the clicking part to secure the pen in phone), not as solid as before. Anyone else S pen is the same, loose and wobbly?
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Inject @ Oct 6 2016, 06:29 PM)
mine just wiggle very slightly, both pre-replacement and post-replacement unit. it seems like the orientation which you put in matters.

but my volume buttons quite wobbly though. power and home is fine. i wonder if wobbly volume/power button affects water resistance?
My replacement unit volume/power button quite solid.
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 06:46 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(shockk @ Oct 6 2016, 06:43 PM)
From what i read, the wobbly Spen may make it easily get stuck in the Spen silo. If possible, better get it changed to a solid type one.
But how to change to the solid type?
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 08:35 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(Max2006 @ Oct 6 2016, 08:21 PM)
According to the latest progress, it seems that Note 7 is in the hands of America authority. Samsung released announcement saying that so far they cannot confirm whether the whole incident was related to Note 7 or not since they have not received the damaged phone yet. The news is already out. The plane stopped. All passengers evacuated. Pics, videos, the box, the imei number showed in the Verge article (people checked the imei number in Samsung imei site and confirmed it's replacement unit), all those proves that the phone is indeed a replacement Note 7. Not sure why Samsung still deny the fact that it was the Note 7 that made the whole crews and passengers to evacuate the plane.

I am not biased on any side in this case. But I do think that Samsung's announcement is some what ambiguous. Why not they just admit it and investigate it asap? hmm.gif
If they announce and admit, Samsung's share will plummet again. They spent so much to get it right, yet something is still wrong.

This post has been edited by RicoT: Oct 6 2016, 08:36 PM
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(shockk @ Oct 6 2016, 08:38 PM)
Yes, even Maxis took back all the accessories from my first Note 7. No issues with me. I don't necessarily need another travel charger or USB cable or box for that matter. For those who tried to get back as much as they can by even taking out the SPen and the sim-card tray, I have to say I salute you for sure.  laugh.gif
SPen I know can try to write like chopstick, but sim-card tray? ohmy.gif sweat.gif
RicoT
post Oct 6 2016, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
200 posts

QUOTE(ganjeneu @ Oct 6 2016, 09:04 PM)
Seems like Spigen already released their own screen protector, did anyone tried it with Spigen casing?  icon_idea.gif  icon_idea.gif
Just in time, does it fits tough armor?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:07 PM