Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

Inject
post Sep 20 2016, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

Max2006, do you have any news to share on users in other countries with the new replacement phones having 'bootloop' issues?

finally encountered the 'bootloop' after 1 month of usage.

now that i've experience it, it's more like stuck at boot screen instead of a bootloop.

things to note -
crash when phone in use never while idle.
can only boot and usable after forcing restart about 20 times. including going to download mode to restart.
phone occassionally crash again and stuck until forced restart but now only need 2-3 tries instead of 20.
auto update firmware and security update set to off.
feels like might be due to internal storage corruption by the way it crashes. similar to emmc brickbug from 2012/2013?
was experiencing crashes and then auto restart about 3 times in 1 week prior to this. only few apps installed. so anyone encountering crashes might want to start backing up their data and prepare for it.
Inject
post Sep 20 2016, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(CAC@MBO @ Sep 20 2016, 10:34 AM)
I had not encounter it and hope never will. did saw some ppl in thread having this bootloop issue and send to CS.
seem to be motherboard failure. and I did some google and found out similar to what you said, emmc brickbug in during old time for old Galaxy series.

Bootloop, battery issue actually make me consider to take other manufacture phone, but in the end I can't. LOL
love the new dual pixel camera performance on low light/day time as well, 4k/slow mo, S-pen is the most lovely feature I like (never use note-series), to screenshot, gif, Draw a lots on picture and photo (for fun  biggrin.gif ). battery last 1 whole day with 4-6h SOT, fast charging 1 hour from 30% to full, UI is beautiful, fingerprint is fast, 4gb/64gb is more than enough (with 64 gb memory card as well)
consider other like Sony (camera algorithm still suck), huawei (UI really... not my type), LG (too exp and hard to find retailer/CS), HTC ( same as LG), VIVO (X7 plus not in Msia yet and no OIS in camera), and Apple I7plus? (no way, most exp and IOS really not user friendly)
Samsung seem offer lots features into one phone, just can't resist.  cry.gif

hope our new batches have no/lower battery and bootloop issue.
I think motherboard failure is the easier to understand term used by samsung representative, rather than emmc brickbug. perhaps i should call it ufs brickbug as it's now using ufs instead of emmc haha.

Yeah same with me, in spite of the bootloop and battery issues I still can't give up on the N7. Camera, battery life, dual sim/SD card, 64gb, and most importantly the amazing QHD display and no side bezels being too sexy is just too much for me to give up. Uncle benny mentioned there is no perfect phone but for me this is my perfect phone, it's everything i ever wanted in a 2016/2017 smartphone.

Just hoping will not get a lemon unit in replacement phone like pink tint, dead pixels etc.

QUOTE(sonyclie77 @ Sep 20 2016, 11:46 AM)
DiGi requires the freebies as well for the exchange?
DiGi called me a week back and mentioned need to return the wireless charger but no mention of battery pack. I even confirmed if i'm hearing it correctly as wireless charger has nothing to do with the internal battery. nevertheless i will get everything ready including freebies to make things go smoothly during the delivery exchange process.

Inject
post Sep 21 2016, 09:42 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(TOMEI-R @ Sep 20 2016, 09:57 PM)
From being a discussion thread on the features and functions of the Note7, this thread has turned into a complain and rant thread. Im really surprised that a mere phone can get some of you guys so worked up.  tongue.gif
They feel entitled to because they just blew their entire savings on a phone.

While you have other more pressing matter to attend to such as making more money to buy more phones.
Inject
post Sep 23 2016, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(aily272 @ Sep 23 2016, 02:02 AM)
Phone is bricked before I can back up or delete stuff.
No way around it?  bangwall.gif
Bricked as in stuck in boot screen? Try vol down+power and if it doesn't boot after 2-3mins try again and again until it works. it might auto-reboot on its own so let it do it's thing. Once booted don't unlock your phone first and let it sit still for five mins for it to settle otherwise it will crash again. feels like it's running something like chkdsk in the background after booting.

Mine 'bootloop' again after few days being stable. The forced update was downloading forcefully using my mobile data in the background when it happened while i was browsing. system finally managed to installed it after boot looping a few times in between download. but i think it wasn't successful as i could still charge it above 60 and no battery notifications.

this morning receive official non-forced firmware update notice N930FXXU2BPI7, which displays green battery icon if new recall phone and 60% max charge if not.

will be deleting data and keeping in box now.
Inject
post Sep 23 2016, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(pendekar7 @ Sep 23 2016, 04:33 PM)
my current device doesnt have any problem. hope the new one also same. i hv faith in Samsung. some people just have diff luck.
personally i think it's just a matter of time until you hit bootloop.

if you're not afraid, try filling up all 64gb internal storage and use for a while and see if you hit it.

else my theory on note 7 having 'emmc brickbug' similar to the one on note 2 does not hold water.

i can't try cos i already encounter it.
Inject
post Sep 23 2016, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(brandon8921 @ Sep 23 2016, 05:05 PM)

And also i noticed that with SD card insert in, battery life is much shorter compare to without SD card. Also phone run a lot smoother. Same goes to my Note 7 now. btw im using Samsung EVO plus 128GB sd card that came with S7 edge preorder freebies. Battery life is better without SD card insert in, though did not notice any performance difference.

i used to have battery drain problem if sd card is inserted, many years ago.

you can identify it by checking battery usage, it will be under 'mediaserver'. not sure if still applicable in android 6.0 as i haven't been using sd cards due to this issue since many years ago. guess the problem is still here.

especially true if you have a lot of media files that can contain meta tags. such as images and mp3 files, and your sd card is not in perfect condition. with chksum error/bad blocks. this causes mediaserver to keep scanning and waking and scanning the media files.
Inject
post Sep 23 2016, 05:19 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(pendekar7 @ Sep 23 2016, 05:14 PM)
this is wat i mean sengaja cari mati. if doesnt broke, dont fix it.
dont let ur internal storage on super low space. like PC, disk space is used for temp, paging, etc.
FYI my note 7 internal storage usage is less than 3gb not including system files since I've already suspected internal storage causing bootloop before i even started to use my phone.

so you're not exactly safe either.
Inject
post Sep 23 2016, 05:31 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(lllllx3 @ Sep 23 2016, 05:26 PM)
i agree.. i think software may cause the bootloop.. the nexus 6p experience bootloop issue after update to android nougat too...
it's not the same. one is after update firmware, software bug.

another is defective storage chips. i said this because i turned off auto-update and auto security policy updates since day 1 using the phone in anticipation of boot loop and still hit it.

Inject
post Sep 28 2016, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Those that are going to bring just phone and empty box, ALL YOUR INFO ARE BASED ON OTHER FORUMMERS HEARSAY ONLY, NOT OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM SAMSUNG.

Don't regret and complain like hell and hold up the queue if you found out that you're rejected from exchange program or they are going to take the new accessories in the box to replace your 'missing' ones.

Just get everything ready and make everyone's life easier.

LYN forummers are so naive and gullible it's ridiculous.
Inject
post Sep 28 2016, 04:50 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Sep 28 2016, 04:45 PM)
not funny...

for the rest... please understand... this is a joke in bad taste. just like previous one about 50% off for next purchase.
No, it's good sarcasm, to wake up these mindless sheep just accepting other's 'confirmation' based on chats with customer service representative who have no authority to decide.
Inject
post Sep 29 2016, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(stevenryl86 @ Sep 29 2016, 02:23 PM)
I would prefer you guys post on the device itself rather than your nonsense on the gifts etc etc.

Please comment kn the device please such as battery life? boot loop if any? heat normal or abnormal? etc etc.
agreed. until now still unfinished with petty stuff.

as for me i received my digi set via gdex. handed everything over, sign done within 3 mins no hassle no arguments, quick and easy.

no dead pixels, screen seems perfect no pink tint, seems pretty perfect to me.

too early to tell on battery life and boot loop but based on observations on singapore sets, no bootloop for replacement units so far for few weeks already and this is a good sign as pre-replacement units get bootloop even for days old units.

hopefully everything is well with this phone. there's no better phone than note 7 for me right now.
Inject
post Sep 29 2016, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(raymondtong94 @ Sep 29 2016, 05:07 PM)
For those whom got the glass SP, I suggest you guys to throw straight into the bin if the quality is ridiculously poor. Forget getting a glass SP for edge displays as a good glass SP for edge screens is non existent.
agree, don't waste your time and money getting SP for s7e and n7. even if it fits well (samsung original rm38 sp) it degrades the screen and changes the color hue to orange. others will cause rainbow effect or non responsive screens. just get a flip case with edges thats raised above the screen so that your front flap doesn't touch, rub and potentially scratch it.

as for my unit, pleased to report my n7 seems smoother, cooler to the touch when charging and under usage and less ghost touches (palm rejection better). maybe 'new phone' effect.

edit; forgot to update, mine is 1/sep batch, need firmware update to get green icon, box with black square.

This post has been edited by Inject: Sep 29 2016, 06:01 PM
Inject
post Sep 30 2016, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(Vodoo2k @ Sep 30 2016, 09:34 AM)
My phone is smooth and now i don't have that nagging feeling when will it explode ehehehehehe... one of my best phone experience yet!
same. build quality seems better than my pre-replacement phone. can really enjoy this phone without any worries now. amazing display, super compact bezels, excellent cameras, ufs 64gb storage, excellent battery life, water resistant, wireless and fast charging. really my perfect phone for 2016/2017.

other stuff i found useful after using: secure folder

i'm very satisfied with how Samsung & DiGi handled the recall. called informed me of what's going on and reassured me. i don't even need to call them up and check on the status. the gdex courier package also arrived as expected and swap done within few minutes.

btw my phone came with samsung pay app after updating green battery notification firmware.

touchwood no more bootloop or charging issues.

Inject
post Oct 4 2016, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(amenlo9 @ Oct 4 2016, 01:22 AM)
Myself never worry explosion but just worry non stop wireless charging overheating causing battery life span reduce.

Of cause one can say just charge it by cable since it will stop after 100% 

Just curious why wireless charge wont stop after 100% and warmer. If it is normal then will just move on.
you have a valid concern.

modern chargers for lithium batteries in smartphones all stop at 100% and only resume charging when it drops too low. and phones will still display 100% to avoid users getting paranoid about phones never being 100%/dropping below 100% while charging.

wireless chargers should be the same. i believe the warmess comes from the wireless charger itself always receiving current from the adapter and being warm and subsequently transferring the heat to the phone.

this indirectly affects the battery lifespan somewhat as it's operating higher than usual temperature, especially so if left overnight for prolonged period of time.

fast charging also increases the temp during charging but manufacturers have already done the calculations and mentioned it's negligible to battery cycles for the device's lifespan (2 years).

wireless charger also gives the advantage of not using your charging port and therefore reducing the wear and tear. yes port wear is a thing same like home button wear. but power users won't even care about this and all the above as they'd have already sold the phone by next year.

so it's up to you to decide to believe the manufacturer and enjoy the phone's fast/wireless charging features, or take the safe route and increase the lifespan above 2 years.

Inject
post Oct 5 2016, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Oct 5 2016, 01:25 AM)
Pixel - Phone by Google (Pixel & Pixel XL)

• 1st Google Phone with it own self-branded - Google.
  • 1st Phone pre-install with Google Assistant
  • 1st Phone support Virtual Reality Daydream.
  • 1st New Release Phone with Stock Android 7.1 Nougat.
  • 1st Phone with highest DxOMark Scores of 89 - https://goo.gl/AeEWDb
  • Pixel - USD $649 (32GB), USD $749 (128GB)
  • Pixel XL - USD $769 (32GB), USD $869 (128GB)
But I feel pretty bored on it especially the Google Assistant...
it's very difficult to like the Pixel aesthetically. The (EMPTY!) bottom bezels looks as big as the Note 7 top and bottom combined! But at least the overall physical dimension is smaller than the iphone 7p.

N7 (5.7")
153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm
Pixel XL (5.5")
154.7 x 75.7 x 8.6 mm
IP7 (5.5")
158.2 x 77.9 x 7.3 mm

pricing of $770 for XL is also very difficult to swallow.
Inject
post Oct 6 2016, 06:29 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(RicoT @ Oct 6 2016, 06:08 PM)
I lost my old S pen and the motherboard cooked (due to overheating according to Samsung SC), Courts still accept it. But the new pen is wobbly (the clicking part to secure the pen in phone), not as solid as before. Anyone else S pen is the same, loose and wobbly?
mine just wiggle very slightly, both pre-replacement and post-replacement unit. it seems like the orientation which you put in matters.

but my volume buttons quite wobbly though. power and home is fine. i wonder if wobbly volume/power button affects water resistance?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0195sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 3rd December 2022 - 08:47 PM