Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V7!, Replacement scheme starting from Sept 29

views

CAC@MBO
post Sep 20 2016, 10:34 AM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(Inject @ Sep 20 2016, 10:07 AM)
Max2006, do you have any news to share on users in other countries with the new replacement phones having 'bootloop' issues?

finally encountered the 'bootloop' after 1 month of usage.

now that i've experience it, it's more like stuck at boot screen instead of a bootloop.

things to note -
crash when phone in use never while idle.
can only boot and usable after forcing restart about 20 times. including going to download mode to restart.
phone occassionally crash again and stuck until forced restart but now only need 2-3 tries instead of 20.
auto update firmware and security update set to off.
feels like might be due to internal storage corruption by the way it crashes. similar to emmc brickbug from 2012/2013?
was experiencing crashes and then auto restart about 3 times in 1 week prior to this. only few apps installed. so anyone encountering crashes might want to start backing up their data and prepare for it.
I had not encounter it and hope never will. did saw some ppl in thread having this bootloop issue and send to CS.
seem to be motherboard failure. and I did some google and found out similar to what you said, emmc brickbug in during old time for old Galaxy series.

Bootloop, battery issue actually make me consider to take other manufacture phone, but in the end I can't. LOL
love the new dual pixel camera performance on low light/day time as well, 4k/slow mo, S-pen is the most lovely feature I like (never use note-series), to screenshot, gif, Draw a lots on picture and photo (for fun biggrin.gif ). battery last 1 whole day with 4-6h SOT, fast charging 1 hour from 30% to full, UI is beautiful, fingerprint is fast, 4gb/64gb is more than enough (with 64 gb memory card as well)
consider other like Sony (camera algorithm still suck), huawei (UI really... not my type), LG (too exp and hard to find retailer/CS), HTC ( same as LG), VIVO (X7 plus not in Msia yet and no OIS in camera), and Apple I7plus? (no way, most exp and IOS really not user friendly)
Samsung seem offer lots features into one phone, just can't resist. cry.gif

hope our new batches have no/lower battery and bootloop issue.
CAC@MBO
post Sep 20 2016, 01:12 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(Inject @ Sep 20 2016, 11:59 AM)
I think motherboard failure is the easier to understand term used by samsung representative, rather than emmc brickbug. perhaps i should call it ufs brickbug as it's now using ufs instead of emmc haha.

Yeah same with me, in spite of the bootloop and battery issues I still can't give up on the N7. Camera, battery life, dual sim/SD card, 64gb, and most importantly the amazing QHD display and no side bezels being too sexy is just too much for me to give up. Uncle benny mentioned there is no perfect phone but for me this is my perfect phone, it's everything i ever wanted in a 2016/2017 smartphone.

Just hoping will not get a lemon unit in replacement phone like pink tint, dead pixels etc.
DiGi called me a week back and mentioned need to return the wireless charger but no mention of battery pack. I even confirmed if i'm hearing it correctly as wireless charger has nothing to do with the internal battery. nevertheless i will get everything ready including freebies to make things go smoothly during the delivery exchange process.
you are so right. bro
hope not get those lemon unit.
my current unit working great. biggrin.gif
CAC@MBO
post Sep 22 2016, 09:31 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

yeah. the battery 60% update is here.
auto download, auto restart, auto every-things (you cant do sxxt). hahaha rclxms.gif
CAC@MBO
post Sep 22 2016, 09:35 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

just can't wait for 29 for new replacement.
took half day leave again (previously is on the 18aug take new phone).
hehe
biggrin.gif
CAC@MBO
post Sep 26 2016, 10:15 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(msa9696 @ Sep 26 2016, 10:08 PM)
That day I posted some issues with Smart Switch where the backup to PC failed. I tried it on 3 PC before managed to backup. Asked Samsung gave me some crap advice. PC 1 was on a windows 10, failed (tried few times). Then iMac also failed (also tried few times). Then tried PC 3 also Windows 10 then successful. Really not sure what's happening to Smart Switch so hard to backup.
try turn off the password lock (fingerprint/iris/pin/password all those lock)
then even phone screenoff/phone wont lock thus backup wont been interrupted.

i failed few times and i think awhile, then i off the lock. back-up successfully.
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 10:55 AM

Regular
1,461 posts

I brought phone , box and all accessories.
they ask me to keep all accessories, new box come with new accessories so i got 2 box. niceeeeeee
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(qawyhamz @ Sep 29 2016, 10:56 AM)
niceee, ithought they want the box back?
ya. they want phone and box only.
but if no box (other ppl i saw) also can exchange, but exchange phone to phone.
mine is phone + box (no accessories), get new phone + box (with accessories).

now i have 1 phone, 1 box, but 2 set accessories. rclxms.gif
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 11:01 AM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(Wind82 @ Sep 29 2016, 10:59 AM)
Where you change?
sunway carnival, SJ, penang.

but they free the tempered glass is not nice. make screen so less sensitive and hard to type.
might change saturday to the normal sp rm39
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 11:05 AM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(richtrons @ Sep 29 2016, 10:58 AM)
SPen?
1 Spen only. phone with Spen return. biggrin.gif
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 09:23 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

Wondering in mall for Samsung normal sp rm39. Samsung outlet out of stock.

Walk for 10plus shops all selling tempered glass only.
One shop selling but price rm120. Crazy Shit.
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 10:10 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

anyone in penang bought the rm39 SP and have 1 spare?
sunway carnival samsung out of stock, won't restock until release.
Im heading to pacific, queensbay or other saturday. argh. ~
CAC@MBO
post Sep 29 2016, 10:52 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(vez @ Sep 29 2016, 10:26 PM)
Queensbay Mall ShenHeng still have @RM39, just went there around 9pm today
feel Samsung Malaysia better give the RM39 SP biggrin.gif it is free, what to do haha
thanks man. tmr night not sure can after work. you know la, after work sure jam like hell from mainland to island, especially friday. saturday will go buy.
thanks lots rclxms.gif
CAC@MBO
post Oct 1 2016, 11:00 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

found normal RM39 sp and applied on the phone.

Tempered glass : good on S-pen, bad for hand using (hard type and have to type hard)
Normal SP : bad for S-pen (need harder), good for normal typing.

LOL no normal SP good for both? cry.gif
CAC@MBO
post Oct 1 2016, 11:04 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

just wondering.
how much our travel charger and wireless charging pad worth? the RRP? confused.gif
my friend S7E wanna buy from me as we all now have 2set charger set and wireless charging pad really not using much. dry.gif

CAC@MBO
post Oct 1 2016, 11:22 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(fizzx @ Oct 1 2016, 11:15 PM)
where did you buy the normal sp?  biggrin.gif as for the spen, did you change the tip and try it on the sp?
i never use note series before.
before exchange, 1st unit using with normal RM39 SP, i already found out the S-pen kinda hard to write.
after this exchange, 2nd unit of note 7 with tempered glass hard to type, but when use S-pen super smooth (little force d can write)
then typing hard, so removed tempered glass and apply back the normal RM39 SP, thus the S-pen become less sensitive as 1st unit.
blink.gif

change the tip? how how how? apa tu. confused.gif

CAC@MBO
post Oct 1 2016, 11:36 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(xisan @ Oct 1 2016, 11:31 PM)
You can argue by showing them the FAQ at Samsung MY website regarding Note7 exchange. It clearly said you still can get a replacement even no accs or box.
You can't complaint on FREE stuff though also not Maxis fault  laugh.gif
wireless charger (RM279) & travel adapter (RM139)
thanks bro. ~
sincere thanks. rclxms.gif
CAC@MBO
post Oct 1 2016, 11:59 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(raymondtong94 @ Oct 1 2016, 11:55 PM)
side question : has Samsung refunded you on the extended warranty? hmm.gif
actually i did received one amount of RM248 (exactly our RM99+RM149) warranty, but the name is under YIN LEE AIR CONDITIO on 20Sept'16.

I don't actually expect any fund beside this warranty return, so possible this company is them? I no idea d.

btw, our Samsung Original Travel Charger (micro Usb) & Samsung Original fast charging wireless pad comes with 1year warranty? or 6months?
CAC@MBO
post Oct 2 2016, 12:12 AM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(merzchan @ Oct 2 2016, 12:05 AM)
travel charger only 3 months warranty. its stated on the receipt. wireless and powerbank come with 6 months warranty.
hei bro, i check resit didn't state how long the accessories last, where you see the 3months and 6months, just wondering.

QUOTE(raymondtong94 @ Oct 2 2016, 12:08 AM)
just curious though. im gonna call them and follow up cuz till now still no response.

well, if your personal bank account has link with company resources, it could be but it's highly impossible. why would a company's account shared with you anyway?
not company account shared with me. I mean at 20sept i receive a fund from YIN LEE AIR CONDITIO which amount exactly RM248. cause i never expecting any income fund (I'm just a normal employee), thus i think this might be the refund? brows.gif lol
CAC@MBO
post Oct 2 2016, 07:50 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(merzchan @ Oct 2 2016, 07:14 PM)
my receipt got stated. u can ask Samsung outlet I believe is standard warranty 3 month for travel charger.
thanks man, maybe diff outlet diff way of printing. anyway, thanks.
the warranty period is important for me to sell off the charger and wireless pad to friend. biggrin.gif
CAC@MBO
post Oct 4 2016, 08:46 PM

Regular
1,461 posts

QUOTE(ebackbone @ Oct 4 2016, 06:06 PM)
post a WTS thread in lowyat to buy a note 7 with ori SP on it for rm4.5k. agree to COD meet up at some where in butterworth. at the meet, take out your billy club and whack the person who want to sell the note 7. grab his note 7. peel the screen protector out carefully and stick it onto your note 7. return the now naked note 7 back to the person and leave the area all looking innocent. win thumbup.gif
go to pacific you can get.

dont go sunway, got shop selling RM120.

sunway samsung out of stock.

i went to pacific, some shoplet opposite the watson one, along the lane of lots vivo shop.
selling RM39, help installation s well. brows.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 6th December 2022 - 09:24 PM