Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CIMB credit card, credit protector plus

views

LamboSama
post Aug 23 2018, 08:56 PM

Enthusiast
746 posts

It's not worth it. Might as well put aside money with average cc balance under your next of kin name.
roques
post Apr 8 2019, 11:22 AM

14 posts

Hi.

Is there anybody that ever managed to claim the benefit?
My colleague now undergoing treatment for one of the critical illness.
If he maxed up his cc limits and then go for the benefit claim will they still entertain it?

Thanks.
flazer
post Jan 30 2020, 03:59 AM

43 posts

Banks cannot sue any of your kin (mom dad wife children etc.) in their personal capacity for your debt after you die, but they are able to sue your estate (what you leave behind when you die i.e. properties, money in savings account etc.) and claim for any outstanding debt.

For that matter, anyone can sue your estate if you died without paying your debt.

In short, debt recovery is not barred by death of the debtor.

Harap maklum.

This post has been edited by flazer: Jan 30 2020, 04:00 AM
Rudd
post Jan 30 2020, 02:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,014 posts

the agent last time is pushy and also asked me to subscribe
momusu
post Feb 6 2020, 10:11 AM

~morning musume fanboy~
789 posts

QUOTE(flazer @ Jan 30 2020, 03:59 AM)
Banks cannot sue any of your kin (mom dad wife children etc.) in their personal capacity for your debt after you die, but they are able to sue your estate (what you leave behind when you die i.e. properties, money in savings account etc.) and claim for any outstanding debt.

For that matter, anyone can sue your estate if you died without paying your debt.

In short, debt recovery is not barred by death of the debtor.

Harap maklum.
Unless you have nothing to your name, all good.
Just auto debit ur bank account to ur mum or someone u trust, and get an allowance from them.
Daddy2be
post Feb 6 2020, 10:55 PM

Casual
459 posts

Credit card debt are unsecured loan. Why would you pay any amount of money to protect the banks interest ? You're literally paying money to mitigate risk FOR THE BANK
Carlos_Santan
post Feb 9 2020, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

can i ask why ppl still want to use CC in this day and age when you can already use debit card for everything worldwide?
linkinstreet
post Feb 9 2020, 09:04 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
9,215 posts

QUOTE(Carlos_Santan @ Feb 9 2020, 08:55 AM)
can i ask why ppl still want to use CC in this day and age when you can already use debit card for everything worldwide?
Are there any cashback or discount offers using debit card? For me i get cashback from buying groceries and fuel, and also discount from Unifi if I use credit card autopay
kons
post Feb 10 2020, 09:16 AM

Конс
Group Icon
6,142 posts

is there any debit card allow u free airport lounge access?

Carlos_Santan
post Feb 11 2020, 07:47 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(kons @ Feb 10 2020, 09:16 AM)
is there any debit card allow u free airport lounge access?
how often do you even use airport lounge access?
flazer
post Feb 12 2020, 05:51 AM

43 posts

hm.. For credit card you are insured for what you spend. For debit card there isnt as much insurance. Go to youtube and search for Frank Abagnale and Debit Cards. He explains it better in the video.

Also credit card gives you certain discounts unlike debit cards where there are none or minimal discounts/privileges.

These days your credit card is linked to your online bank account where you get almost instant (2-3 days) updates.

Those days you must have to wait an entire month before you get your statement and then you will have to suddenly face all that you have gone on and spent.

Personally I never used credit cards until they were linked to my bank account where I can see my usage every time I log in and clear my balance as I spend.

That way I know how much I have left in my account (budget).

This post has been edited by flazer: Feb 12 2020, 05:58 AM
flazer
post Feb 12 2020, 05:53 AM

43 posts

QUOTE(Carlos_Santan @ Feb 11 2020, 07:47 PM)
how often do you even use airport lounge access?
CIMB Mastercard Enrich World gives you about 8 passes a year. However there is a annual fee of about 500 + for the card. All banks have different promos that you can check out if you are a frequent user of the lounges.

Anyway Malaysian lounges are crap puke.gif
kons
post Feb 12 2020, 09:52 AM

Конс
Group Icon
6,142 posts

QUOTE(flazer @ Feb 12 2020, 05:53 AM)
CIMB Mastercard Enrich World gives you about 8 passes a year. However there is a annual fee of about 500 + for the card. All banks have different promos that you can check out if you are a frequent user of the lounges.

Anyway Malaysian lounges are crap  puke.gif
cimb world elite enrich mastercard have unlimited entry to golden lounge.

golden lounge is much more comfy than plaza premium lounge.

Wenjie95 P
post Feb 20 2021, 01:25 PM

Probation
3 posts

If im subscribed to this CPP, is thee anyway i can cancel it?
Bart-man
post Jul 6 2021, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(Wenjie95 @ Feb 20 2021, 01:25 PM)
If im subscribed to this CPP, is thee anyway i can cancel it?
Yes you can, just call the number behind your credit card and ask them to cancel it. I just did.

QUOTE(Morph85 @ Aug 21 2018, 03:43 PM)
the tele sales sucker only told me only charge rm0.60, they never clearly mention about rm0.60 per rm100 carry over fund. and keep on mislead saying if no charges if no amount spent.
Yeah the telebanker who sold me this plan also misled me by saying there will be zero charges if I have no outstanding every month, conveniently leaving out the detail that any credit card services (e.g. instalments) would also be counted as "outstanding" doh.gif

As soon as I saw the premium being charged I immediately called up the bank to cancel it! Learned my lesson the hard way bangwall.gif

I guess the telebankers have been capitalizing on the fact that people are greedy and love FOC stuffs so they're always selling it as a "free insurance" for people who always pay CC bills on time, and then leeching your money as soon as you use any of their credit services in the future ranting.gif

This post has been edited by Bart-man: Jul 6 2021, 03:38 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:15 PM