222 Pages « < 214 215 216 217 218 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PROTON SAGA BLM, FL & FLX Thread V70, Final thread by TS

views

The.Lucas.DaY
post Oct 13 2022, 01:52 PM

Casual
489 posts

Hi, anyone has experience replace safety belt for Saga BLM by your own?
Seller told me that the safety belt can be use for left and right side, same use for both side, is it true actually ?

user posted image
kidmad
post Oct 16 2022, 08:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

Hey guys 2012 saga 1.6 the red with gold trim anyone knows where can I send the car to change it's old speakers + HU.
Wan.Him
post Nov 7 2022, 04:19 PM

1,073 posts

QUOTE(lifenoregret @ Oct 4 2022, 12:59 AM)
I got it replaced last month cost me approx. rm320  puke.gif

Now I have different issue, where my car leave for long and cold start take few turn / or it need to warm up then to get engine start

Any part need look into it? I have previously got foreman checked the oil feed something but this still doesn't solve

I have the exact issue. Thought battery was weak but it turns out okay. Anyone have any idea what's wrong ?
chicky86
post Nov 7 2022, 06:48 PM

Casual
319 posts

Hi guys,

Wanna ask, I've parked my saga flx sv for some time and today when start my car today, i can smell something like air con gas, there's also hissing sound.. went to shop they say top up gas coz gas level low.. they ask me to monitor for a few weeks and see if it is repeating or not.. anyone here experience it before? shop says will need to replace the whole internal cooling coil system if its leaking inside.. anyone know the price or have any recommended shop to check? thanks alot.. smile.gif
lifenoregret
post Nov 14 2022, 03:06 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(Wan.Him @ Nov 7 2022, 04:19 PM)
I have the exact issue. Thought battery was weak but it turns out okay. Anyone have any idea what's wrong ?
Changed spark plug and fuel filter now back to normal, also change the crank sensor recently because car doesn't pick up issue but rpm going up

Now slowly other wear and tear catching up
Harfan
post Nov 27 2022, 08:37 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(chicky86 @ Nov 7 2022, 06:48 PM)
Hi guys,

Wanna ask, I've parked my saga flx sv for some time and today when start my car today, i can smell something like air con gas, there's also hissing sound.. went to shop they say top up gas coz gas level low.. they ask me to monitor for a few weeks and see if it is repeating or not.. anyone here experience it before? shop says will need to replace the whole internal cooling coil system if its leaking inside.. anyone know the price or have any recommended shop to check? thanks alot.. smile.gif
Yes, I have experienced this multiple time. In my case, they suspect leaking at the cooling coil. Few workshops quoted me around RM500+ for the fix. I haven't fix it until now, just topup the air-cond gas once in every 4-5 months.

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Sep 7 2022, 10:21)
For a long while already my fuel meter reading not reliable. Most times start up the car will show as empty, then maybe drive a few km sometimes it update to be a bit more accurate (sometimes not). Is this fixable/cheap to fix?

How is your fuel meter reading going? I have the same problem for the past 2 years and haven't fix it.

I have 2008 Saga BLM and encountered two issues currently:

1. Sometimes, usually in the morning, when I release the handbrake, I can hear explosion kindof sounds. Quite worrying. Any thoughts?
2. My driver seat cannot be adjusted to front and back. The reclining is still OK. How to fix? Normal kedai accessories can help?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Harfan: Nov 27 2022, 08:47 PM
Gargamel_gibson
post Nov 27 2022, 11:14 PM

Casual
371 posts

Guys any recommendations on where to buy genuine ori mounting? Or any OEM that can last as long as ori? No point buy cap ayam koyak within one year waste more money for labour.
caviars
post Nov 28 2022, 07:25 PM

Regular
1,120 posts

QUOTE(Harfan @ Nov 27 2022, 08:37 PM)
Yes, I have experienced this multiple time. In my case, they suspect leaking at the cooling coil. Few workshops quoted me around RM500+ for the fix. I haven't fix it until now, just topup the air-cond gas once in every 4-5 months.
How is your fuel meter reading going? I have the same problem for the past 2 years and haven't fix it.
I have 2008 Saga BLM and encountered two issues currently:

1. Sometimes, usually in the morning, when I release the handbrake, I can hear explosion kindof sounds. Quite worrying. Any thoughts?
2. My driver seat cannot be adjusted to front and back. The reclining is still OK. How to fix? Normal kedai accessories can help?

Thanks!
1, Is it coming from the exhaust or rear brake?

QUOTE(Gargamel_gibson @ Nov 27 2022, 11:14 PM)
Guys any recommendations on where to buy genuine ori mounting? Or any OEM that can last as long as ori? No point buy cap ayam koyak within one year waste more money for labour.
I am using Denco mounting. Still ok after 1+ year.
Harfan
post Nov 28 2022, 08:21 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(caviars @ Nov 28 2022, 07:25 PM)
1, Is it coming from the exhaust or rear brake?
I thinks its more likely coming from the rear brake.
caviars
post Nov 28 2022, 09:19 PM

Regular
1,120 posts

QUOTE(Harfan @ Nov 28 2022, 08:21 PM)
I thinks its more likely coming from the rear brake.
Likely the brake shoe gets stuck if left over a long period. Maybe the pump, shoe or maybe just simple adjustment to the mechanism.

Note that I don't have much luck with my Saga rear brake either. Have change almost all parts but I still get squeaky sound in the morning.
homerthewhopper
post Dec 1 2022, 04:50 PM

always low on budget
1,009 posts

Hi everyone need advice on my car. Saga year 2016.

There is an oil leak from the oil seal.
Proton says they sell one whole set with timing belt. I changed mine around 2 years ago. So I prefer to just change oil seal.

Then outside shop says they check first if oil got on the belt then also have to change whole set. Is this right?

Anyone has the same experience?
dares
post Dec 1 2022, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast
827 posts

QUOTE(homerthewhopper @ Dec 1 2022, 04:50 PM)
Hi everyone need advice on my car. Saga year 2016.

There is an oil leak from the oil seal.
Proton says they sell one whole set with timing belt. I changed mine around 2 years ago. So I prefer to just change oil seal.

Then outside shop says they check first if oil got on the belt then also have to change whole set. Is this right?

Anyone has the same experience?
A bit of oil on the belt is not an urgent matter, if alot then different story.

For a piece of mind and if the price difference is not too much, just change it together because they need to remove the belts to change the seal(s) anyway.
homerthewhopper
post Dec 1 2022, 08:48 PM

always low on budget
1,009 posts

QUOTE(dares @ Dec 1 2022, 05:03 PM)
A bit of oil on the belt is not an urgent matter, if alot then different story.

For a piece of mind and if the price difference is not too much, just change it together because they need to remove the belts to change the seal(s) anyway.
Thanks appreciate it 👍
noobfm
post Dec 16 2022, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
96 posts

hi guys, can i know what is the spark plug recommended for Saga FLX 1.3L? i saw Denso Iridium IT20TT selling around RM1xx

also can Petronas Syntium 3000 fully synthetic use in Saga FLX 1.3L?

This post has been edited by noobfm: Dec 16 2022, 12:48 PM
caviars
post Dec 16 2022, 10:27 PM

Regular
1,120 posts

QUOTE(noobfm @ Dec 16 2022, 11:25 AM)
hi guys, can i know what is the spark plug recommended for Saga FLX 1.3L? i saw Denso Iridium IT20TT selling around RM1xx

I just use normal spark plug for my BLM. Around RM 40 - RM 50 (4pcs). Just make sure to change every 20K KM.

I only use semi-synthetic engine oil. When it was under warranty, SC don't recommend full synthetic, and I follow until now.
iskazulka
post Dec 18 2022, 08:42 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

any reliable brand either mineral, semi syn or fully syn EO can put.
just avoid fake EO.
AMenzZ
post Dec 28 2022, 03:30 AM

Master
306 posts

Rm1xx Iridium plugs might be fake plugs, becareful to make sure it is original genuine, if non genuine it doesnt last long and hv higher risk the electrodes may break aparts in the combustion chamber causing havoc, FOC piston with hole, screwed up valves and engine head...
Mild case when replacing the plugs in future the plugs easily break off, the lower part stuck at the engine head, need special tools to remove the remaining plug from the engine head.... heard expensive labour charge for such removal
I used normal copper plugs and NGK TR6GP Platinum plugs b4. Platinum plugs priced around RM60-70, last 40k km, you can consider..

Engine oil wise, been using fully synthetics since 20k km - 353k km (car sold)
from Petronas Syntium 1000 at SC to Bardahl MXP, Castrol Magnatec, LiquiMoly Toptec 4100, Shell Ultra (imported), Shell HX8 (imported), Dynolube (not too recommended unless very2 cheap), Petropenn (got it free from my BIL) lastly Mizu 5w30 & 5w40 (cheap just need change it earlier 8k-9k km)

Syntium 3000 if genuine why not...
am3
post Jan 28 2023, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,345 posts

My flx left side brake light don't light when braking. Check with the right LED out in the the left slot ok.

How much is the price to change for the brake LED? More than 200?
AMenzZ
post Feb 3 2023, 10:59 PM

Master
306 posts

QUOTE(am3 @ Jan 28 2023, 10:38 AM)
My flx left side brake light don't light when braking. Check with the right LED out in the the left slot ok.

How much is the price to change for the brake LED? More than 200?
tail light and brake light also no lit up ?
Normally the diode/resistor on the led board kaput first..
if you know some electronic shop do repair, you may try ask them..
am3
post Feb 9 2023, 08:00 AM

Regular
1,345 posts

QUOTE(AMenzZ @ Feb 3 2023, 10:59 PM)
tail light and brake light also no lit up ?
Normally the diode/resistor on the led board kaput first..
if you know some electronic shop do repair, you may try ask them..
The trail light is ok. Only left brake light. I bought the circuit for the LED light and install at shop. Now it's ok

222 Pages « < 214 215 216 217 218 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:50 AM