Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PROTON SAGA BLM, FL & FLX Thread V70, Final thread by TS

views

iskazulka
post Jul 18 2019, 02:37 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(Durianlife @ Jul 17 2019, 11:13 PM)
Hi Saga Sifus, I'm having dilemma, need advices.
I'm currently having 1 front dashcam. Thinking to have 1 at the back.
Questions:
1. Do you think it is better to have it separately or get a dual dashcam?
2. If have it separately, do you think 3.5 meters of cable is long enough? Do you think my power socket can stand for 2 dashcams? Plus 1 air diffuser (using a very low voltage I believe, can't remember the exact voltage).
3. If get a dual dashcam, may I know which brand is recommendable? Budget within RM 300 to RM 400.

Please advise.🙏🏼
can get more info from LYN Dashcam thread.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4763761
thenazek
post Jul 18 2019, 05:03 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(iskazulka @ Jul 14 2019, 08:46 AM)
since you are not into cars, i suggest you visit workshop to diagnose otherwise later you feel not what you expected than you disappointed.

1) but from what you say, first change absorber.
a) KYB absorbers cheap, usually most workshop have this. some say soft like stock.
b) better absorbers like TRW, monroe. this brand only some workshop only sell.

2) change tyres.
if you never change tyres ( i assume you use stock silverstone tyres) yes, the stock silverstone tyres tend to make noisier road noise and thanks you proton saga very poor NVH)

tyre choices :
any tyres is better than stock silverstone,
to understand more about tyres, go to tyre thread.

i assume you use 13" tyres so can recommend Viking CT5, Dunlop SP Sport J5, Hankook Kinergy EX, Goodyear Duraplus.
but 13" tyres are entry level tyres so don't expect much.

3) soundproof
technically, proton saga is very poor in NVH, so recommend do soundproofing, but since you are not into cars, so i think this option is not for you. just stick with change absorbers and tyres.
Thank you so much for the suggestion.

I do think that the absorber needs to be changed, but mostly out there I read a lot saying that the stock absorbers are the most comfortable. Will check on KYB.

As for tyres, I've changed to Hankook a few years ago. And the thread is still thick, quite reluctant to change.
iskazulka
post Jul 19 2019, 08:45 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(thenazek @ Jul 18 2019, 05:03 PM)

I do think that the absorber needs to be changed, but mostly out there I read a lot saying that the stock absorbers are the most comfortable. Will check on KYB.

As for tyres, I've changed to Hankook a few years ago. And the thread is still thick, quite reluctant to change.
ok cancel out tyres, so road noise is definitely problem with saga NVH.
unless do soundproofing, nothing you can do, just live with it like what you do from the first day you own it.

This post has been edited by iskazulka: Jul 19 2019, 08:51 AM
iskazulka
post Jul 19 2019, 08:45 AM

34 posts

double post

This post has been edited by iskazulka: Jul 19 2019, 08:51 AM
goohtj
post Jul 19 2019, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

type rubber gets harden and cause noise n vibration.
new tyres will immediately feel quieter.
absorbers -
if brake u see the front dip alot = absorber is weak.
or if go thru S corners, passengers head swing alot..
then change.
AMenzZ
post Jul 21 2019, 08:54 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(Durianlife @ Jul 17 2019, 11:13 PM)
Hi Saga Sifus, I'm having dilemma, need advices.
I'm currently having 1 front dashcam. Thinking to have 1 at the back.
Questions:
1. Do you think it is better to have it separately or get a dual dashcam?
2. If have it separately, do you think 3.5 meters of cable is long enough? Do you think my power socket can stand for 2 dashcams? Plus 1 air diffuser (using a very low voltage I believe, can't remember the exact voltage).
3. If get a dual dashcam, may I know which brand is recommendable? Budget within RM 300 to RM 400.

Please advise.🙏🏼
I'm using separate dashcam, yi cam 1296p for the front, cheapo cam for rear. Extended with M-F usb cable 3m, can easily reach rear speaker area with cable going under carpets and under back seat.

Extra 50cm should be handy to hide the cable properly near the rear windscreen.

Btw I'm using Tronsmart 4-ports car charger, old model, obsolete ad I think, rated 2.4A per port and total output 9.6A per spec. Hooked 2 phones charging b4 and the 2 dashcam 4 devices working fine for me. Both phone receiving charge around 1-1.5A per device.
Durianlife
post Jul 21 2019, 09:24 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(AMenzZ @ Jul 21 2019, 08:54 PM)
I'm using separate dashcam, yi cam 1296p for the front, cheapo cam for rear. Extended with M-F usb cable 3m, can easily reach rear speaker area with cable going under carpets and under back seat.

Extra 50cm should be handy to hide the cable properly near the rear windscreen.

Btw I'm using Tronsmart 4-ports car charger, old model, obsolete ad I think,  rated 2.4A per port and total output 9.6A per spec. Hooked 2 phones charging b4 and the 2 dashcam 4 devices working fine for me. Both phone receiving charge around 1-1.5A per device.
Thank you so much for your comment sand sharing. Really appreciate it.😊
Gold_Moderator
post Jul 22 2019, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

Proton blm 2008, need to change manual gear oil ?
iskazulka
post Jul 22 2019, 11:47 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(Gold_Moderator @ Jul 22 2019, 09:06 PM)
all oil, fluid will deteriorate in time and need to change later e.g engine oil, gear oil (auto / manual) brake fluid, aircond compressor oil, radiator coolant, etc.

refer to post #2.
AMenzZ
post Jul 22 2019, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(Durianlife @ Jul 21 2019, 09:24 PM)
Thank you so much for your comment sand sharing. Really appreciate it.😊
You're welcome. one of the drawback from installing separate rear dashcam inside the car is that during rainy day, rain water sticking on the windscreen will affect recording. fine for me at the moment unless you want to record clearly who cucuk your car from behind.. haha

QUOTE(Gold_Moderator @ Jul 22 2019, 09:06 PM)
What car no need change manual gear oil?

Brake fluid, power steering fluid, engine oil and coolant all need to change/replace/flush when time is up bro.....
Durianlife
post Jul 28 2019, 09:51 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(AMenzZ @ Jul 22 2019, 11:51 PM)
You're welcome. one of the drawback from installing separate rear dashcam inside the car is that during rainy day, rain water sticking on the windscreen will affect recording. fine for me at the moment unless you want to record clearly who cucuk your car from behind.. haha
What car no need change manual gear oil?

Brake fluid, power steering fluid, engine oil and coolant all need to change/replace/flush when time is up bro.....
Good point to take note...thanks again!😊
Durianlife
post Jul 28 2019, 09:54 PM

2 posts

Hi Saga Sifus,

I'm driving Proton Saga FLX. I'm not sure about others, for me, the position of my accelerate and brake padel are a bit high compare to other car like Myvi. Do you think it can be adjusted? If can should I go for normal car workshop or accessories shop? Roughly how much does it cost? Please advise.😊
Kitty_catts
post Jul 29 2019, 08:11 AM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(Durianlife @ Jul 28 2019, 09:54 PM)
Hi Saga Sifus,

I'm driving Proton Saga FLX. I'm not sure about others, for me, the position of my accelerate and brake padel are a bit high compare to other car like Myvi. Do you think it can be adjusted? If can should I go for normal car workshop or accessories shop? Roughly how much does it cost? Please advise.😊
Umm if u adjust it, u will have less travel for brake n acceleration.. meaning u can brake and accelerate less.. 😅😅😅 might not wanna risk those thing
iskazulka
post Jul 29 2019, 08:13 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(Durianlife @ Jul 28 2019, 09:54 PM)
Hi Saga Sifus,

of course it's a little bit high WHEN you compare it with Myvi, but actually it's normal for proton saga.
iinm maybe it can be adjusted to correct free play, but cannot to lowered it.

This post has been edited by iskazulka: Jul 29 2019, 08:23 AM
limadekad
post Aug 4 2019, 11:47 AM

:)
577 posts

Hi where can you buy the T10 bulb socket for rear plate number lights. Went investigating why the light don't works, bulb burned out and socket melted. Would appreciate if anyone can share me the link for lazada or shoppee, so that i can diy it myself.
goohtj
post Aug 4 2019, 01:04 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(limadekad @ Aug 4 2019, 11:47 AM)
Hi where can you buy the T10 bulb socket for rear plate number lights. Went investigating why the light don't works, bulb burned out and socket melted. Would appreciate if anyone can share me the link for lazada or shoppee, so that i can diy it myself.
l bought from aliexpress / lazada
limadekad
post Aug 4 2019, 01:35 PM

:)
577 posts

QUOTE(goohtj @ Aug 4 2019, 01:04 PM)
l bought from aliexpress / lazada
Can share the link? i tried but couldn't find anything similar.
TechnoG
post Aug 4 2019, 07:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,239 posts

Hi guys,

I have a SV with a dead key fob. The red light blinks whenever the button is pressed however the car doesn't unlock/lock. Currently unlocking the car using the keyhole at the door handle.

How much should I expect a new key to cost?
AMenzZ
post Aug 6 2019, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Aug 4 2019, 07:29 PM)
Hi guys,

I have a SV with a dead key fob. The red light blinks whenever the button is pressed however the car doesn't unlock/lock. Currently unlocking the car using the keyhole at the door handle.

How much should I expect a new key to cost?
Have you tested/tried it with new battery yet?

Some saga use 2unit CR2016 and some use 1unit CR2032 battery
AMenzZ
post Aug 6 2019, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
299 posts

QUOTE(limadekad @ Aug 4 2019, 11:47 AM)
mine too, not melted but "crunchy"..

very fragile now..

got one time the bulb does not lit up due to loose socket, have to push the bulb back to the socket

160 Pages « < 156 157 158 159 160 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0843sec    2.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 07:27 PM