Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> best tower fan?, modern design, good cooling, cheap?

views

idoblu
post Jan 9 2017, 11:29 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Jan 9 2017, 11:24 AM)
This is the Tefal tower fan that I mentioned a few posts back. I thought you said Tefal not strong enough although quiet?
yup not strong but i still bought another as my old one almost gonna give up working
and i need it to be quiet as i sit very close to the fan

my old one i need to use the highest speed. the new one i put it to the lowest
so its okay plus with the attractive price, its a good deal

This post has been edited by idoblu: Jan 9 2017, 11:32 AM
davkong
post Feb 4 2017, 10:52 PM

reConnect
1,766 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Nov 16 2016, 08:27 PM)
Just bought Khind FD201R. Slim and tall fan. Got a filter screen that you can remove to clean. Has an ionizer as well.
This model comes with remote controller? Planning to get this too for dining area.
idoblu
post Feb 4 2017, 10:53 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(davkong @ Feb 4 2017, 10:52 PM)
This model comes with remote controller? Planning to get this too for dining area.
they all come with remote blush.gif

cedyy
post Feb 4 2017, 10:55 PM

Regular
1,351 posts

QUOTE(reader @ Sep 16 2016, 09:26 PM)
http://www.lazada.com.my/khind-tower-fan-f...ite-447514.html

I like this slim one, and it's nice that there is a detachable filter at the back for you to clean it.
have this one. it's pretty noisy.
magnesium
post May 14 2018, 04:18 AM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(kennithjhall @ May 14 2018, 04:05 AM)
Hello guys,
I bought this one 2 years ago : http://mytowerfan.com/holmes-htf3110a-wm-3...wer-fan-review/
Still working perfectly !
how much?

where did u purchase?
Kamisama006
post Jan 14 2019, 12:08 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(andy1st @ Sep 29 2016, 10:55 PM)
Check it out for this model:
https://www.amazon.com/Vornado-Whole-Room-T...r/dp/B004HIAT2K https://time4buying.com/best-tower-fan/

Found this from Amazon but not sure whether got sell in Malaysia lah.
The advertisement show very power leh, you can do some research and see see brows.gif
That one is actually pretty good, read a review about it a while back.
nike89
post Jan 16 2019, 08:15 PM

Enthusiast
809 posts

i like how tower fan looks compare with standing fans, but if given a choice i would use ceiling fans for sure.

budget tower fan could be very loud when on highest speed, not sure if it's nature of this product or because i get the cheap one.
Career26
post Feb 6 2019, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

Hello All,

I have never owned a tower fan before and like many of you, I don't also prefer the standing fan & would like to give a try for a tower!.

The pic below is one of the smallest rooms in my apartment. I have just cleaned it and setup as study/office area. I have marked my preferred spot that I would like to have the fan; so that you have an idea of the distance from that point to the study desk. This is also the room I spend my time for leisure reading, meditation and any light activities that needs more focus.

Considering the size of the room and the activities, I would prefer a fairly quiet tower fan [U](not necessarily has to be pin drop silence but at a reasonably tolerable level) and one which does not take up too much of the floor space. I'm looking at spending about 4 hrs on a weekday (after work) but it will be more on weekends.

From all that I read from various threads, only the one idoblu suggested - I think it's the Tefal, that sort of appealing but I find it a bit bulkier from the pic. It will be good to have a slimmer ones and a few more other suggestions for comparison purpose.

Look forward to hear some valuable suggestions. Thank you, guys.

user posted image
halcyon27
post Feb 8 2019, 03:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,140 posts

QUOTE(Career26 @ Feb 6 2019, 12:08 PM)
Hello All,

I have never owned a tower fan before and like many of you, I don't also prefer the standing fan & would like to give a try for a tower!.

The pic below is one of the smallest rooms in my apartment. I have just cleaned it and setup as study/office area. I have marked my preferred spot that I would like to have the fan; so that you have an idea of the distance from that point to the study desk. This is also the room I spend my time for leisure reading, meditation and any light activities that needs more focus.

Considering the size of the room and the activities, I would prefer a fairly quiet tower fan [U](not necessarily has to be pin drop silence but at a reasonably tolerable level) and one which does not take up too much of the floor space. I'm looking at spending about 4 hrs on a weekday (after work) but it will be more on weekends.

From all that I read from various threads, only the one idoblu suggested - I think it's the Tefal, that sort of appealing but I find it a bit bulkier from the pic. It will be good to have a slimmer ones and a few more other suggestions for comparison purpose.

user posted image
Hi Career26, my opinion will be contrarian here so here it is.

Tower fans are great but it's directional and less than ideal. Coming from being a tower fan user for 12 years, the only place where it is useful is blowing around the occupant zone in a sweep not more than 7 feet away. Normally that's where the seats are. I've used towers, mini towers (table top) from Rowenta, Delonghi. The experience and comfort is less than ideal.

Also, the size of that area will require a powerful throw and tower fans are not up to the task. More often than not, for the more powerful throw, the noise level alone could be intrusive than desired.

The best option is to place a omni directional (360°) fan or sometimes called oscillation fan (not all are 360°). Panasonic and KDK sells this and it works pretty well. Only requirement for 360° is it had to be installed on the ceiling.

The other brands of oscillation fans are table top like Mistral but these are somewhat ok as well. For comparable price of a tower, the payback in terms of comfort and airflow coverage afforded by a 360° is immense.

Just my opinion.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Feb 8 2019, 04:34 PM
Career26
post Feb 9 2019, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Feb 8 2019, 03:58 PM)
Hi Career26, my opinion will be contrarian here so here it is.

Tower fans are great but it's directional and less than ideal.  Coming from being a tower fan user for 12 years, the only place where it is useful is blowing around the occupant zone in a sweep not more than 7 feet away. Normally that's where the seats are. I've used towers, mini towers (table top) from Rowenta, Delonghi. The experience and comfort is less than ideal.

Also, the size of that area will require a powerful throw and tower fans are not up to the task. More often than not, for the more powerful throw, the noise level alone could be intrusive than desired.

The best option is to place a omni directional (360°) fan or sometimes called oscillation fan (not all are 360°). Panasonic and KDK sells this and it works pretty well. Only requirement for 360° is it had to be installed on the ceiling.

The other brands of oscillation fans are table top like Mistral but these are somewhat ok as well. For comparable price of a tower, the payback in terms of comfort and airflow coverage afforded by a 360° is immense.

Just my opinion.
Hi Halcyon27,

Thanks always for giving me valuable inputs. Agree with you and I wouldn't have considered tower if it was a bigger room / bedroom.

I did hear a very similar opinion from a work colleague of mine before I posted here - he shared that he only use a tower fan for similar reasons that I stated and within a close proximity - about 6 feet away from where he is seated. I measured the distance from study desk too - it is about the same (6.5 if I am not mistaken). After a long thought considering the amount of time I spend in this room (and didn't feel like spending on installation of a ceiling/wall fan), I decided to go for a tower fan. After a week of spending time and organising my routine, I roughly estimated I'll be using the space maximum 3 - 5 hrs a day (with breaks in between) - hence, I thought tower would be my ideal choice.

So, considering the above, do you have any suggestions of brands / models that I could check out before making up my mind?

Thanks.
idoblu
post Feb 9 2019, 01:37 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(Career26 @ Feb 9 2019, 01:08 PM)
Hi Halcyon27,

Thanks always for giving me valuable inputs. Agree with you and I wouldn't have considered tower if it was a bigger room / bedroom.

I did hear a very similar opinion from a work colleague of mine before I posted here  - he shared that he only use a tower fan for similar reasons that I stated and within a close proximity - about 6 feet away from where he is seated. I measured the distance from study desk too - it is about the same (6.5 if I am not mistaken). After a long thought considering the amount of time I spend in this room (and didn't feel like spending on installation of a ceiling/wall fan), I decided to go for a tower fan. After a week of spending time and organising my routine, I roughly estimated I'll be using the space maximum 3 - 5 hrs a day (with breaks in between) - hence, I thought tower would be my ideal choice.

So, considering the above, do you have any suggestions of brands / models that I could check out before making up my mind?

Thanks.
The “best” is still the tefal because it’s not too noisy that it bothers me. I sit like maybe 2.5ft away only from the fan. Maybe can try the Alpha Jet fan which comes in many colors - https://www.lazada.com.my/products/alpha-mi...haQJlY&search=1
sonerin
post Feb 10 2019, 06:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,690 posts

Dyson airblade
Career26
post Feb 11 2019, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
280 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Feb 9 2019, 01:37 PM)
The “best” is still the tefal because it’s not too noisy that it bothers me. I sit like maybe 2.5ft away only from the fan. Maybe can try the Alpha Jet fan which comes in many colors - https://www.lazada.com.my/products/alpha-mi...haQJlY&search=1
I just received the reply from Tefal Sales team : Thank you for your enquiry. Kindly be informed that Tefal have discontinued the tower fan (this includes VF6670 etc) range of products. Will consider to bring in to Malaysia market when there is newer version from the range in the future.

black_Zer0
post Feb 12 2019, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
101 posts

QUOTE(Career26 @ Feb 6 2019, 12:08 PM)
Hello All,

user posted image
I'm currently using this: https://www.lazada.com.my/products/mistral-...Jrqhhy&search=1

So far so good. They have it on display at Harvey Norman & TBM. Can check it out.

This post has been edited by black_Zer0: Feb 12 2019, 04:22 PM
idoblu
post Jun 30 2019, 12:40 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(black_Zer0 @ Feb 12 2019, 04:17 PM)
I'm currently using this: https://www.lazada.com.my/products/mistral-...Jrqhhy&search=1

So far so good. They have it on display at Harvey Norman & TBM. Can check it out.
Tested this mistral fan. It seems to be very quiet 👍🏻
yy714
post Jul 5 2019, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

Anyone know is tower fan need to clean the blade like those stand fan?
angelic88
post Jul 9 2019, 05:46 PM

Casual
325 posts

QUOTE(yy714 @ Jul 5 2019, 05:32 PM)
Anyone know is tower fan need to clean the blade like those stand fan?
Its different blade , its like the blower in aircon.
But overtime you have to clean it too, you may wipe / vacuum it for basic care, i have yet to find a good way to give it a deep clean.
https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Tower-Fan

For ease of maintenance, you might really consider standing fan better (except they look ugly).

PS: Do not trust the sales person that say it only need a wipe.

yy714
post Jul 10 2019, 09:13 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(angelic88 @ Jul 9 2019, 05:46 PM)
Its different blade , its like the blower in aircon.
But overtime you have to clean it too, you may wipe / vacuum it for basic care, i have yet to find a good way to give it a deep clean.
https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Tower-Fan

For ease of maintenance, you might really consider standing fan better (except they look ugly).
PS: Do not trust the sales person that say it only need a wipe.
Thanks a lot @angelic88

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:13 AM