Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Concurrent users on Linux and Window 10, how to set this up

views

Netto Hikari
post Sep 24 2016, 08:49 AM

Solution Architect?
2,394 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Sep 23 2016, 11:48 AM)
Just a note in case it's not clear, with virtualization you cannot connect a second set of monitor/keyboard/mouse to the same PC and expect the second set of monitor/keyboard/mouse to be independent of the first one. The second user has to connect via a completely separate PC to the first computer.

With linux multiseat or Windows multipoint already mentioned, this can be done.

However this isn't to say that you shouldn't go out and learn VMware/virtualization, lots of cool stuff happening in that space and I highly encourage you to read up.
the free vmware player may not possible but previously on vmware workstation can. set the vm to exclusive mode, straight plug in usb keyboard and usb mouse to it. done it during university time, that was 3-4 yrs ago. unless my memory tricking me or else, can always try it.

i will do the little experiment later today.
tishaban
post Sep 24 2016, 09:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,615 posts

QUOTE(Netto Hikari @ Sep 24 2016, 08:49 AM)
the free vmware player may not possible but previously on vmware workstation can. set the vm to exclusive mode, straight plug in usb keyboard and usb mouse to it. done it during university time, that was 3-4 yrs ago. unless my memory tricking me or else, can always try it.
Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize this was possible with VMware workstation, will experiment with it a bit more!

Netto Hikari
post Sep 25 2016, 09:26 AM

Solution Architect?
2,394 posts

QUOTE(tishaban @ Sep 24 2016, 09:26 AM)
Interesting, thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize this was possible with VMware workstation, will experiment with it a bit more!
found vmware kb, https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsite...ernalId=1033435

probably last time i did some tweak to enable it. now by stock settings, it doesnt work as suppose.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:22 AM