Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MS Office + product key in Lazada, Is this official and legitimate copy?

views

TSplumberly
post Sep 11 2016, 07:03 PM, updated 8y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,611 posts

Saw MS Office plus key for RM90 in Lazada. Tempted to get it.

But want to know whether this is official MS and legitimate copy.

Wondering why is MS allowing this when they charge about 2-3 times more in MS web site.

Thanks.
Stupox
post Sep 13 2016, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
194 posts

i think so, but its only for 1 year plan right?
jasonix
post Sep 13 2016, 09:58 AM

28 posts

bought mine at Lazada too. legit
TSplumberly
post Sep 13 2016, 10:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,611 posts

QUOTE(jasonix @ Sep 13 2016, 09:58 AM)
bought mine at Lazada too. legit
Thanks.

Can update for 1 yr or for life?
jasonix
post Sep 14 2016, 04:07 PM

28 posts

Mine if office 365 , One Year only.
TSplumberly
post Sep 14 2016, 08:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,611 posts

QUOTE(jasonix @ Sep 14 2016, 04:07 PM)
Mine if office 365 , One Year only.
I see, thanks.
darkskies
post Sep 14 2016, 09:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,336 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Sep 14 2016, 08:04 PM)
I see, thanks.
Microsoft plus key is considered volume key. It's volume activated.
It's cd-less and you can buy it from the guy who sells you the key.

Here's some issue with that.
It does not comes with the serial sticker.
It's bounded to your pc like oem and if you've noticed , they request you to backup the office pro cdkey registry after installation through some 3rd party software.
You might find that if you don't do that , after a couple of reinstallation, your cd-key is banned from activating online. I've not tested how many times. Some say after 6mths, microsoft might caught up with this cd-key and deactivates it.
For oem cd-key that comes with a coa sticker, you can call into microsoft support to request for reactivation if somehow, you've changed some of your hardware recently. Microsoft can assist you in this.
For this office pro, you can't. The person who sell you this will say that he's not held responsible if you try to call microsoft and got your cdkey banned.
I"m unsure what these volume keys about and has been looking into it for quite sometime.
Some say it's taken from academic cd-keys. It was distributed to universities but resold to outsiders. It genuine and able to activate online. But the source of the cd-key is far from genuine to me.

Though the price you paid is more than the one i acquired. I believe it might be resold.
As far as i know, for ms office pro plus 2016 , price is RM60.
Ms office pro plus 2013 is RM50.
Ms windows 10 pro is RM70.
All are volume activated copies. Appears to be online genuine and can receive updates without being ban. But requires some spooky 3rd party office and windows cd-key activated registry backup.

Hopes this answer your questions.

TSplumberly
post Sep 15 2016, 11:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,611 posts

QUOTE(darkskies @ Sep 14 2016, 09:14 PM)
Microsoft plus key is considered volume key. It's volume activated.
It's cd-less and you can buy it from the guy who sells you the key.

Here's some issue with that.
It does not comes with the serial sticker.
It's bounded to your pc like oem and if you've noticed , they request you to backup the office pro cdkey registry after installation through some 3rd party software.
You might find that if you don't do that , after a couple of reinstallation, your cd-key is banned from activating online. I've not tested how many times. Some say after 6mths, microsoft might caught up with this cd-key and deactivates it.
For oem cd-key that comes with a coa sticker, you can call into microsoft support to request for reactivation if somehow, you've changed some of your hardware recently. Microsoft can assist you in this.
For this office pro, you can't. The person who sell you this will say that he's not held responsible if you try to call microsoft and got your cdkey banned.
I"m unsure what these volume keys about and has been looking into it for quite sometime.
Some say it's taken from academic cd-keys. It was distributed to universities but resold to outsiders. It genuine and able to activate online. But the source of the cd-key is far from genuine to me.

Though the price you paid is more than the one i acquired. I believe it might be resold.
As far as i know, for ms office pro plus 2016 , price is RM60.
Ms office pro plus 2013 is RM50.
Ms windows 10 pro is RM70.
All are volume activated copies. Appears to be online genuine and can receive updates without being ban. But requires some spooky 3rd party office and windows cd-key activated registry backup.

Hopes this answer your questions.
Many thanks!

AA
If I want a MS Office which will be updated every year, which one should I get? Roughly how much? If I change to a new PC years later, can it be used in the new PC?

BB
Correct me if I am wrong, this selling online key is by people who got genuine MS Office volume package with many user keys and sell the keys online?

If so, aren't these keys still legitimate as they are from the volume purchase?

Thanks.
darkskies
post Sep 16 2016, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,336 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Sep 15 2016, 11:07 AM)
Many thanks!

AA
If I want a MS Office which will be updated every year, which one should I get? Roughly how much? If I change to a new PC years later, can it be used in the new PC?
[COLOR=red]I'm not sure what you mean by updated every year.
Latest Versions auto updated from MS = office365. A clouding solution where you use the latest version software from ms servers.*Yearly Subscription*
Example, you use office365. You sign into that account and use the latest office from their servers. They might need you to install something from web.
No need worry about 2007, 2013 , 2016 or anymore versions.
But take note, if someone sends you an old 2003 excel file, (XLS). It contains alot of formula and worksheets jobs in it. You edit something and save it under XLS(97 format) ,there's no guarantee that the file sent back to it's original sender will be working normally. This is a common scenario that happens in office 2013 and 2016. Happens on other as well such as powerpoint , word and etc.
You get to have skype business online account. You can chat and also do conference like cisco but it's buggy and the quality is not on par with cisco web conferencing.
You get to intergrate your dropbox with your office save documents.

Volume"Genuine" CD key that allows you to update your office purchased version patches only. *One time Payment*
You don't get version upgraded but only bugfix, optional features downloads.
Example, you using office 2013, you only receive bug updates from time to time from ms servers. You can access free templates for excel,word,powerpoint,publisher.
You can download some free plugins to integrate with your software from ms official website as well.
I'm afraid that office 2016 does not have dropbox intergration . You'll have to download dropbox manually and point it to the dropbox folders.
It's however possible with office 2013 with some hacks.
It's a one time payment depends on your version purchase. 2013 is 10bucks less then 2016.
Well the version conflict happens same as office 365 as well for xls vs xlsx.
I've not tried shifting to a new pc before. The seller claim that after backing up the cd-key registry through 3rd party software, it has unlimited reinstallation possibilities. You'll need to install office offline and use the software to restore the cdkey registry to the new pc. Claims to work on some users. I can't make personal guarantee on this one.
[COLOR=red]

BB
Correct me if I am wrong, this selling online key is by people who got genuine MS Office volume package with many user keys and sell the keys online?

If so, aren't these keys still legitimate as they are from the volume purchase?

[COLOR=red]Seriously speaking, i'm unsure of how legit and genuine is these volume keys about. Seller claimed that their keys not resold, not from academic institution , not fake and not cracked versions. But it's selling under a price that's 10 times lower. Seller also claims that they are direct supplier of those cd-keys.
But one thing fishy is that when your cd-key gets locked by microsoft due to hardware changes too much, your seller will say that you can't call in to retrieve the cdkey anymore.  You'll have to buy a new one from them.

Thanks.
Overall i find that buying these office plus cdkey / vlk is sufficient for me enough to use. 365 is kind of overkill for personal purpose. Unless you need chat conferencing. Bigger online storage and work collaboration features.
Office 365 is actually sold to get users buy the enterprise features that don't sell well. Noone will buy extra online storage these days. You've tonnes of free storage services solution online. Web conferencing ? Abundance of such solution online for free as well. Work collaboration features ? Gmail users have that free feature too.
TSplumberly
post Sep 17 2016, 07:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,611 posts

QUOTE(darkskies @ Sep 16 2016, 01:02 PM)
Overall i find that buying these office plus cdkey / vlk is sufficient for me enough to use. 365 is kind of overkill for personal purpose. Unless you need chat conferencing. Bigger online storage and work collaboration features.
Office 365 is actually sold to get users buy the enterprise features that don't sell well. Noone will buy extra online storage these days. You've tonnes of free storage services solution online. Web conferencing ? Abundance of such solution online for free as well. Work collaboration features ? Gmail users have that free feature too.
Many thanks.

You are very knowledgeable in MS thing!

By yearly update, I mean getting fixes/changes/new features.

The Excel I have been using is the 2009(?) version! Time to use the latest.

Cheerio.
darkskies
post Sep 18 2016, 08:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,336 posts

QUOTE(plumberly @ Sep 17 2016, 07:47 PM)
Many thanks.

You are very knowledgeable in MS thing!

By yearly update, I mean getting fixes/changes/new features.

The Excel I have been using is the 2009(?) version! Time to use the latest.

Cheerio.
No problem.

Not knowledgeable. After buying this cd-key , only then i know.
JJKTP
post Nov 16 2016, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,155 posts

Thanks for the info.
kongming
post Nov 28 2016, 07:40 PM

I don't care
1,984 posts

My Microsoft Office 2016 Pro is only RM20.00 from Imbi Plaza.
After it has been installed, it states OEM version.

Billy.Who
post May 15 2017, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

Any idea whether the versions with the key cards have differences over those selling just the product keys?

The keycards are small sheets with the serial key printed or attached via a sticker with a barcode and usually do not come with a COA sticker.

These versions are also slightly pricier, just like the one below from Lazada:

http://www.lazada.com.my/microsoft-office-...d-29098770.html

I've bought a copy of Win10 with the key card and it's been running and updating fine for almost 6 months.

Just wondering if its justifiable to get a copy of MS Office with that additional key card too..
xhanetbn
post May 18 2017, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

This is my 2 cents in handling the matter:

If you are operating within a company or organisation, it's best to buy Microsoft Genuine Software that comes with PHYSICAL GENUINE packaging. This is very very very important.

However, if you're planning to use it for personal use and just to receive the occasional update and a fancy Genuine Software status, using these ones from Lazada and the like are reasonable enough.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:43 PM