Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Stranger Than Fiction, Theaters 1st Feb!

views

TSQuickFire
post Jan 28 2007, 11:31 AM, updated 17y ago

The more you sin the more you win
2,865 posts

user posted image

Karen Effiel is an author writing her latest novel about an isolated man named Harold Crick. What she doesn't know is that her fictionalized character is real. The real Harold Crick is an IRS agent who has lived a dull existence and one day begins to hear Karen's voice as she narrates what she puts on paper to what Harold has and is doing.

Because of this Harold enlists the help of a literary professor to find out what is happening and ends up changing things about his life including beginning a relationship with his IRS client, a government-hating bakery owner named Ana Pascal. Harold, however, finds trouble when he hears that Karen plans to kill him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420223/

Heard good things about this movie. Maybe I'll watch in the cinema.

tinkerbel
post Jan 28 2007, 11:55 AM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

QuickFire,
I found the movie rather 'slow' hence if you're not into 'Drama' u may wanna change your mind. Dreamgirls on the other hand's pretty interesting rclxms.gif
TSQuickFire
post Jan 28 2007, 03:47 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(tinkerbel @ Jan 28 2007, 11:55 AM)
QuickFire,
I found the movie rather 'slow' hence if you're not into 'Drama' u may wanna change your mind.  Dreamgirls on the other hand's pretty interesting  rclxms.gif
Yeah that was why I was contemplating on watching it on the big screen or not... I didnt really like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind you see.

Anyway where did you see it?
tinkerbel
post Jan 28 2007, 05:27 PM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

QuickFire,
I didn't catch those movies so I can't tell you if u should save some $ catching this on big screen. But if I were u, I would give this a miss and pick another movie to catch nod.gif
TSQuickFire
post Jan 28 2007, 09:52 PM

2,865 posts

QUOTE(tinkerbel @ Jan 28 2007, 05:27 PM)
QuickFire,
I didn't catch those movies so I can't tell you if u should save some $ catching this on big screen.  But if I were u, I would give this a miss and pick another movie to catch  nod.gif
Haha, thanks. But the only other movies worth watching now would be Blood Diamond, which I've just seen yesterday, and which is a great film, and also Babel. I really want Babel but I fear it will the censors will butcher it.

Ah malaysian theaters... wish I was in Singapore. They even had Pan's Labyrinth there as early as November I think!
tinkerbel
post Jan 29 2007, 08:52 AM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

QuickFire,
I suppose you've caught The Guardian too? Is Stranger Than Fiction out oredi btw?
TSQuickFire
post Jan 29 2007, 09:23 AM

2,865 posts

No la movies like The Guardian I wont watch in theaters. At best I'll borrow the dvd if my friends if they have it. Stanger will be out this thursday.
tinkerbel
post Jan 29 2007, 11:01 AM

Fanaddict!
Group Icon
VIP
13,469 posts

QuickFire,
I haven't been following what's on the Movie scenes of late - bz with work and uh, need to keep some money to get a new mobile phone so heheh, decided to ration movie watching biggrin.gif
shaznizzle
post Jan 29 2007, 11:58 PM

YouTuber: KLONES NETWORK
570 posts

Watched it in SG... kinda slow but interestingly funny.. its an OK to watch..
TSQuickFire
post Jan 30 2007, 12:21 PM

2,865 posts

Of course la this came out in the states last year, but now only coming to msia ma...
cocklea
post Feb 5 2007, 06:56 PM

Droid
5,939 posts

watched it last saturday, worth every penny!! must must must watch.
kobe8byrant
post Feb 5 2007, 09:50 PM

I'm too old for this stuff
All Stars
12,275 posts

nola quickfire..dont listen to negative reviews..its so refreshing.

its long since we have seen proper "less is more" humour that bill murray expertly gives us. think of stranger than fiction the way u will think of groundhog day ....both will be awesome flicks to watch with ur girlfriend
quintessential
post Feb 5 2007, 10:53 PM

ilha formosa
2,919 posts

if you're a regular snl fan, you'll recognize who is the "cowbell man". it's him. smile.gif
TSQuickFire
post Feb 6 2007, 10:19 PM

2,865 posts

so do you guys think the typical hollywood lovers will like this? I wanted to call my friends along but they're the type who like Pirates of the Caribbean, Night at the Museum, Deathnote etc (you get what I mean).
CooLeRthings
post Feb 11 2007, 10:43 PM

-=kidult=-
2,012 posts

just watch it yesterday
din know it is an so old movie if din see ur guys review there

but it still worth for a movie in cinema
like how the story twist

the last kiss tat going to show
saw it last 2 month also ( DL )
now only wanna coming to m'sia....
+Newbie+
post Feb 26 2007, 07:11 PM

To be needed as The Sand's Kazekage
Group Icon
VIP
3,055 posts

Just watched it. Honestly, I think it's a good watch. A really meaningful movie. I really thought the ending was gonna suck and spoil what was, up till then, a great movie. Until she narrated the ending and I realized how meaningful it was. Sometimes less is more. thumbup.gif
kobe8byrant
post Feb 26 2007, 08:32 PM

I'm too old for this stuff
All Stars
12,275 posts

indeed...i think that will farell like bill murray is great at less is more humor
Makakeke
post Feb 26 2007, 08:55 PM

Casual
310 posts

I think this is a nice movie to watch. Not a top class one but it does have a nice storyline and an interesting plot to it. I'll only rate it a 7.5/10 movie though. Will Farrell just can't act in these kind of movies. He should just stick to movies like Talladega Nights thumbup.gif
dinodog_Jr
post Feb 28 2007, 12:46 PM

I am not a dog
3,813 posts

the first time i saw Will Farrell was in Be-witched. He was annoying. After second watched dat movie, i started to understand his humour style.

2nd times, saw him in ELF. He made my day.

Yesterday, i watched Stranger than Fiction. He is completely not a crazy dude anymore. He only back to his "normal" react for certain scenes but not all the times which he usually does. Der are a few peacefully giggles for his silly respond.

This movie is strange & out of this world. Even though the whole movie place in a real world. If u are guys into John Malkovich, Adaptation, Broken Flower, Lost in Translation. This is definately a should watch. The Ending is not dat great at least it is a warmness ending. it did not broke my heart though.

So, it would sounds boring for ppl who usually dun accept weird & narrator type of movie. And it is slow-paced to develop story's motive into audience's mind.

Enjoy the Special text effects bout Farrell daily routine. It is cool. The last time i saw this effects was from Fight Club.
SUSchewxy
post Feb 28 2007, 02:03 PM

Flying Side By Side with my beloved Pretty Swallow
11,234 posts

!@#$%^&*()_!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@@#$%^&^%#@$%^@#$!!!
The day I am free to watch is the day they end the run in OneUtama.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:48 AM