Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Vios ncp93 idling problem

views

[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 19 2018, 05:51 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Oct 19 2018, 05:42 PM)
Personally the car doesn't need much changes sometimes the oxygen sensor do get problem when the metal element inside get too hot and will change the reading.

It's a sensor that's why it's expensive. Everytime when you see the word sensor it will be expensive.

I change my
Wheel bearing
Shocks and engine mount
Fan belt
Engine cover gasket (my engine top cover seems to leak abit oil) rm 100+
Oxygen sensor

That's about it. If you drive it normally it will be fine and run forever

Your list pretty much cover all the wear and tear parts bushing and other those insulator will give your car more solid feel (or should say more tighter feel like new car.)
the list I got from SC.when they change the shocks they change from head to toe. Indeed the drive improve hell lot. But the lower arm started to behave and my alignment will never correct.

Where you change your part?

Wheel bearing why change? got problem? how much is it?
TSEdlois
post Oct 19 2018, 06:00 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Oct 19 2018, 05:51 PM)
the list I got from SC.when they change the shocks they change from head to toe. Indeed the drive improve hell lot. But the lower arm started to behave and my alignment will never correct.

Where you change your part?

Wheel bearing why change? got problem? how much is it?
The wheel bearing only change the bearing inside la. Not the whole housing. Cost around rm 150, reason maybe due to hard impact from pot hole the bearing inside is crack orrrrr the bearing inside no more grease. The bearing start humming when driving above 40km/h.

Maybe you should start check if the lower arm is blended. Or if I was loose orrrr the bushing and joint is worm out. If not a set of original arm will cost you 800-1200 per set. Original. But after market lower arm is acceptable. It will cost around 400-500 per set.
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 19 2018, 06:11 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Oct 19 2018, 06:00 PM)
The wheel bearing only change the bearing inside la. Not the whole housing. Cost around rm 150, reason maybe due to hard impact from pot hole the bearing inside is crack orrrrr the bearing inside no more grease. The bearing start humming when driving above 40km/h.

Maybe you should start check if the lower arm is blended. Or if I was loose orrrr the bushing and joint is worm out. If not a set of original arm will cost you 800-1200 per set. Original. But after market lower arm is acceptable. It will cost around 400-500 per set.
the list I posted is from SC. If come in set.

arm itself around 500. and comply with other spring bushing etc etc. 1600 in pair I guess.

front wheel bearing by SC is 230... aftermarket is 150. hmm.. seem like outside isn't that cheap also.

This post has been edited by [Ancient]-XinG-: Oct 19 2018, 06:13 PM
TSEdlois
post Oct 19 2018, 06:27 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Oct 19 2018, 06:11 PM)
the list I posted is from SC. If come in set.

arm itself around 500. and comply with other spring bushing etc etc. 1600 in pair I guess.

front wheel bearing by SC is 230... aftermarket is 150. hmm.. seem like outside isn't that cheap also.
For bearing I will opt for aftermarket (not fake but a generic brand) I think the quality is about the same from SC, they markup the price tho. after all its just a bearing dry.gif . For your situation, it depends on how severe their lower arm condition. if your steering is pulling very badly then you really need to change the lower arm, because it will affect the tyre wear rate. at the end you probably change many set of tires due to this problem. but otherwise, if you can live with slight misalignment. smile.gif
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 19 2018, 07:09 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Oct 19 2018, 06:27 PM)
For bearing I will opt for aftermarket (not fake but a generic brand) I think the quality is about the same from SC, they markup the price tho. after all its just a bearing dry.gif . For your situation, it depends on how severe their lower arm condition. if your steering is pulling very badly then you really need to change the lower arm, because it will affect the tyre wear rate. at the end you probably change many set of tires due to this problem. but otherwise, if you can live with slight misalignment.  smile.gif
my tyre already show misalignment. Since this car going to give my nephew in few years time. I think I will just change la.

I like SC because their workmanship better and having warranty of 1 year or 20k km.

I had bad exp for OEM engine mounting. 650 leh.... not cheap also. Last time got GST become 720 knssss.
TSEdlois
post Oct 19 2018, 07:31 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(Ancient-XinG- @ Oct 19 2018, 07:09 PM)
my tyre already show misalignment. Since this car going to give my nephew in few years time. I think I will just change la.

I like SC because their workmanship better and having warranty of 1 year or 20k km.

I had bad exp for OEM engine mounting. 650 leh.... not cheap also. Last time got GST become 720 knssss.
It's true that this car is worth keeping forever. The sad truth is no matter how much we hate Toyota SC. At the end, they are the only one can done it right. Hope your newphew had great experience with this car 😛

Currently, my car still gave me satisfaction after so many years. (Maybe because the suspension is ultra soft and comfortable)
[Ancient]-XinG-
post Oct 19 2018, 07:42 PM

20k VIP club
5,725 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Oct 19 2018, 07:31 PM)
It's true that this car is worth keeping forever. The sad truth is no matter how much we hate Toyota SC. At the end, they are the only one can done it right. Hope your newphew had great experience with this car 😛

Currently, my car still gave me satisfaction after so many years. (Maybe because the suspension is ultra soft and comfortable)
yea.... we show got some knowledge in cars we requested job, they will check thoroughly. and final place to settle some stubborn problem also SC.

but it is very expensive.
ermoas P
post Nov 8 2019, 12:35 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(Edlois @ Oct 19 2018, 04:42 PM)
Sorry for the lonnnnnnng reply.
I fixed my car already. The problem here is

The car have 2 oxygen sensor.
One infront of the exhaust (in the engine area)
One under the car (center of the exhaust pipe)

What happen here is once the car reach operating temperature the oxygen sensor will start reading wrong information about the exuhaut gas. So that's explain why your car run fine when cold or just start in the morning and stall or idle problem after a few KMs.

The cost is around 400-600 per sensor.

If you're rich better change two sensor. Or just one. For mine the faulty sensor is the (Bank 2) which is locate under the car exhaust pipe.

I can't tell you how many times they clean my throttle body man Haiz.

And also if your car is more then 150k mileage. Just change the engine mount and shocks. They seems better days
Thank you for sharing this valuable information, i wasn't aware that we have two o2 sensors.. i am going thru this bad experience of rough idling when engine is hot and stucked in traffic. the usual MAF sensor, Throttle Body cleaning and computer reset did not work so i am looking at this o2 sensor if this is the root cause. by the way do you get check engine light on with this o2 sensor issue or not?

Thank you!
abubin
post Nov 8 2019, 02:45 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

QUOTE(ermoas @ Nov 8 2019, 12:35 PM)
Thank you for sharing this valuable information, i wasn't aware that we have two o2 sensors.. i am going thru this bad experience of rough idling when engine is hot and stucked in traffic. the usual MAF sensor, Throttle Body cleaning and computer reset did not work so i am looking at this o2 sensor if this is the root cause. by the way do you get check engine light on with this o2 sensor issue or not?

Thank you!
Yes, usually if o2 sensor faulty there will be check engine light. However, if no light could means the o2 sensor still working but not in good condition. Hope it's the front o2 issue cause the rear one is hard to take out.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:22 AM