Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bitspower Fittings, Custom Water Loop

views

TSmarcussimmj
post Sep 8 2016, 03:19 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
123 posts

Hi guys I am beginning on my venture into custom water loops right now and have decided to scour the internet on more information regarding fittings and such to further understand the components needed. So I have come across a very confusing aspect when it comes to fittings. First up would be the extenders, now based on the pictures for the Bitspower G1/4' Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4' Extender it comes with a male and female end where the male end will be screwed into a Radiator, Pump or Block. So the question is to fit the tubing onto it I have to install a Multi Link on the female end to fit a tube in? I am rather confused about this aspect.
najmul
post Sep 9 2016, 01:59 AM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(marcussimmj @ Sep 8 2016, 03:19 PM)
Hi guys I am beginning on my venture into custom water loops right now and have decided to scour the internet on more information regarding fittings and such to further understand the components needed. So I have come across a very confusing aspect when it comes to fittings. First up would be the extenders, now based on the pictures for the Bitspower G1/4' Rotary 90-Degree IG1/4' Extender it comes with a male and female end where the male end will be screwed into a Radiator, Pump or Block. So the question is to fit the tubing onto it I have to install a Multi Link on the female end to fit a tube in? I am rather confused about this aspect.
I've been there before bro, watercooling can be confusing for beginners, i've done a number of watercooling builds and i still get confused sometimes. If you are gonna use the new bitspower multi link fittings for acrylic/petg tube, to attach the tube to the fitting it works like a normal compression fitting does. You should look up tutorials on youtube, i learned a lot from SingularityComputers over the years on watercooling.

SingularityComputers

here's JayzTwoCents's guide on fittings:

Hope this helps, best of luck thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by najmul: Sep 9 2016, 02:00 AM
TSmarcussimmj
post Sep 9 2016, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
123 posts

I have watched those videos repeatedly and it still doesn't explain too much on the fittings function. I understand bitspower has over 700 types but it their website could have a proper write up it might help.
clawhammer
post Sep 9 2016, 11:59 PM

///M
Group Icon
VIP
8,788 posts

QUOTE(marcussimmj @ Sep 9 2016, 08:09 AM)
I have watched those videos repeatedly and it still doesn't explain too much on the fittings function. I understand bitspower has over 700 types but it their website could have a proper write up it might help.
When it all first started, there are only a few types of fittings. Today, there are probably 700 or whatever number which is insanely a lot smile.gif Actually it's not hard to understand because all you need to know are the fundamentals fittings that will require to complete a loop. Before I can answer further, are you looking at a tubing setup or acrylic/PETG?
najmul
post Sep 10 2016, 12:39 AM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(marcussimmj @ Sep 9 2016, 08:09 AM)
i suggest you look up a watercooling build that is similar to what you want out of yours (what you have in your vision), and study the components used in that build, and in your case, fittings.

look up worklogs, images, video tutorials. Slowly you'll learn the basics, which is enough to start your first watercooling build.
buyoq
post Sep 10 2016, 03:09 PM

hat ni sebulan...........
1,303 posts

QUOTE(marcussimmj @ Sep 8 2016, 03:19 PM)
standard practise/basic is, 2 fittings for each hardware(waterblock/radiator/reservoir) for flow to go in and out
doesnt matter barbs/compression fittings/quick disconnect etc. these are the type of "connector" that you need put on each watercool hardware to connect them together
90/45/multiple degree fittings is totally depends on how you setup/design your loop.more fittings doesnt means good setup.more fittings = more restrictive for the flow.at least that's what i practise and i'm pretty sure lots of WC enthusiast out there agreed with me on this.

user posted image

oh yea, i'm talking about tube watercooling, not hardline watercooling.i got zero knowledge on hardline laugh.gif

This post has been edited by buyoq: Sep 10 2016, 03:16 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.27    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:09 AM