Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

views

wenzhenzhen
post Jan 7 2019, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Hi all, I am planning to visit Europe around end of Oct to beginning of Nov by visiting Amsterdam, Belgium, France (Paris) and Italy. Here's my brief itinerary as below:

1. Amsterdam - 2 nights
2. Brussels, Bruges - 3 nights
3. Paris - 2 nights (Just visit Eiffel Tower, Arc de triomph & the Louvre)
4. Venice - 1 night (Is it enough?)
5. Florence & Pisa - 2 nights
6. Rome & Vatican City - 3 nights

Budget:
1. Food & Transport - 50 Euro per day (Will cook at least 1 meal a day)
2. Accomodation - 30-40 euro per night.

My travel is more on sightseeing than shopping. Appreciate if you can advise my brief itinerary above. Thanks

This post has been edited by wenzhenzhen: Jan 7 2019, 10:33 PM
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 9 2019, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(Chaud @ Jan 8 2019, 11:27 AM)
since you're going from france to italy, why not stop by switzerland for a visit?
Wont visit to switzerland in this trip due to
1. Budget
2. My mum wanna go to switzerland for second time. So, I m planning to go with her in 2021.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 9 2019, 10:38 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(Chaud @ Jan 8 2019, 11:27 AM)
since you're going from france to italy, why not stop by switzerland for a visit?
Wont visit to switzerland in this trip due to
1. Budget
2. My mum wanna go to switzerland for second time. So, I m planning to go with her in 2021.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 9 2019, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(noslek @ Jan 8 2019, 11:39 AM)
In my opinion your distributions of nights are good, similar to what I did during my first trip. Few comments for your consideration:
1. I think you won’t need 3 nights for Brussels + Bruges cause both towns are not big. You can use that night somewhere, eg Amsterdam or Paris, which I think deserves more time as Paris is huge with lots to see while Amsterdam has lots of museums which may take time to visit. If you want to spend 3 nights in Belgium, can always consider another day trip (eg to Antwerp or Ghent) too though, if you’re bored of Brussels.
2. Italy part is ok. I did Venice in a day and I find it adequate. Rome is big too, and nice so do spend enough time there. 
3. 50EUR/day is adequate too, at least for me. But usually my budget includes only transport within the city (eg metro in Rome) and exclude intercity transport (eg train from Florence to Rome).
4. Can’t comment on accommodations price as i usually budget slightly more for a simple hotel as I value privacy. But I think your budget should be more than enough for hostel at least.
5. This is purely personal preference: Instead of number of nights, I usually love to use number of days to determine if the time is adequate. Cause I can spend one night in, say Venice, but I’ll have two full days to visit Venice cause I’m arriving at 7am on day one and departing 10pm on day two; or I can spend one night in Venice but only have 0.5 days to visit Venice cause I’ll arriving at 12pm to Venice and departing 8am the next day - this makes a huge difference.

Happy planning and hope you’ll have a great trip!
Thanks for your feedback. I will revise it and post it in this forum once it is done. Btw, which airline u take during your europe trip? Mind to share?

wenzhenzhen
post Jan 10 2019, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(noslek @ Jan 10 2019, 08:46 AM)
I tried a number of airlines to Europe before - British Airways, Emirates, Finnair, Malaysia Airlines, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, Phillipines Airlines, Swiss; booked myself on Singapore Airlines this coming August.

Usually I just choose the cheapest and most convenient timing. I don’t need direct flight so I have much more options.

The only difference is if you prefer a Middle East transit or a Europe transit. Middle East transit (for Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, Oman) will usually be 7hrs + 6-7hrs flights while European transit will be 12hr + 1-2hr flights. I personally prefer transiting in Europe as I get a longer rest during the long flight.
I checked from google flight and so far these few airlines had meet my budget for ticket that is Singapore airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss & British Airways. However, I do face dilemma haha. I had list down pros and cons for each airlines

SIA:
-Pros: Get to sit a350 plane (my wishlist), have nice timing to reach Amsterdam that is in the morning, 1 transit, shortest travel time (17 hours of journey incl transit)
-Cons: Flag off KUL earlier (need to waste half day AL), Pricetag is highest of these 4 airlines

Swiss:
-Pros: Nice timing to reach Amsterdam that is in the morning, shorter transit time, cheapest pricetag of these 3 airlines, journey is 18 hours
-Cons: sit boeing 777(meh for me because sat this plane few times),

Lufthansa:
-Pros: Get to sit a350 plane (my wistlist), have nice timing to reach Amsterdam that is in the morning, 1 transit, shortest travel time (17 hours of journey incl transit)
-Cons: Flag off KL earlier (need to waste half day AL)

British Airways:
-Pros: 1 transit, Good timing to flag off from KUL (no need to waste half day AL), nice timing to reach Amsterdam (consider ok for me)
-Cons: need to change airport (Heathrow to Gatwick airport), plane is 787 (not my wishlist), long transit time (5 hrs due to change of airport) doh.gif

This post has been edited by wenzhenzhen: Jan 10 2019, 11:15 PM
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 10 2019, 11:17 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(avantasia @ Jan 10 2019, 08:04 PM)
Malaysia Airline, Air France, Etihad, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airline. The best is still QATAR AIRWAYS  whistling.gif with the beauty of XWB1000
Nice photos!!! The plane is a350, right? Too bad the price of flight ticket for Qatar is above my budget d. I hope I can try it if I m going to Europe for 2nd time.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 11 2019, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ Jan 10 2019, 04:21 PM)
I've gone with KLM, Qatar, Etihad, Turkish.
Etihad will not happen again. Since they cut down the flights and connections in Europe.
KLM is my favourite, mostly because of their connections in Europe, that suit my particular needs extremely well.
If I didn't have to consider what small airport KLM fly to I think Turkish has the best product overall.
These 4 airlines are my wishlist too! However, seems these 4 airlines pricetag are much higher compared to other european airlines during that period
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 11 2019, 01:24 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(noslek @ Jan 11 2019, 09:21 AM)
Good that you’ve done your homework! Time to make a decision based on your preference smile.gif

Quick fact check: As far as I know Lufthansa (and Swiss) doesn’t fly into KUL, so why does flying with Lufthansa only require 1 transit?

Personally, I value my AL and I hate changing airports so I’d go with Swiss, cause I don’t mind the transits. As much as I love the A350, I value my AL and $ more cause economy seats are about the same. But this is purely my personal view though.
Sorry! that's my mistake. My bad. Lufthansa and Swiss requires 2 transits and both need to waste my half day AL. The difference is Swiss uses 777 while Lufthansa uses a350.

Another flight that caught my interest is Emirates. Flag-off from KL at 2.10am and reach Amsterdam on 1pm++. They uses a380 while also in my wishlist. However, price is more than RM3.5k. rclxub.gif
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 11 2019, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(avantasia @ Jan 11 2019, 08:33 PM)
When u wish to travel?
Proposed date is 25/10/19 - 8/11/19 because it is autumn. Initially wanna go during Christmas bcos wanna play snow, however my sis told me snowing only starts after January. So, I changed to autumn.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 13 2019, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(noslek @ Jan 12 2019, 12:16 PM)
Did a dummy search. Not sure what’s your budget but it’s possible to do KUL-CDG//FCO-KUL for RM3188, departing KUL on 26Oct 0210 and arriving back KUL on 10Nov 1435.

But Oct departure is still some time away, if you want you may wait a while to see if TK, EK or QR will have sale.

CDG-Paris; FCO-Rome
If not mistaken, the flight to CDG (Paris) airport is cheaper than you fly to Amsterdam. However, after considering the price of transport from Paris to Amsterdam, I prefer to fly to Amsterdam.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 16 2019, 07:20 AM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ Jan 15 2019, 08:47 PM)
This means you will have to pass UK immigration. Can be very time consuming. Then you will have to stress your way to Gatwick, a lot of work for no benefit.
As we write this we have no idea how BREXIT will turn out and if EU citizens will be queuing together with the rest of the world in the already understaffed UK-immigration lines, today EU-citizens have speedgates and passports are not stamped. Changes will not make anything better.

If you are going to Amsterdam, why not fly direct with KLM or MAS?
KLM and MAS flight ticket price had exceed my budget though. Since I travel to Europe on budget, so I need to spend it carefully.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 16 2019, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(avantasia @ Jan 16 2019, 09:06 AM)
Hardly can't budget if travel to europe....u can squeze here n there ...but sometimes always exceeded!

Hahah no comment on MAS and KLM since their price always at 3k min.
My budget for flight ticket is rm3k-3.5k per person. I saw KLM price is more than rm3.5k d. sad.gif
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 27 2019, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Hey guys, I managed to purchase flight ticket from KUL to Amsterdam and Rome to KUL from British Airways at RM3,096. After considering everything, I just sit British Airways because it has perfect timing and the price is consider reasonable for me.

As for taking planes, I will temporary forgo sitting my dream plane that a350 and a380 at the moment. I will sit if there's a chance tongue.gif
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 28 2019, 08:24 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(christ14 @ Jan 28 2019, 07:51 PM)
when did you buy!!!! cry.gif
I bought it ytd, using incognito mode. Last week i managed to search it at rm3040 and I hold it because looking for deals & waiting for friends confirmation. Ytd when I want to buy, it increases to rm3096!

Without hesitation, I just buy that ticket without waiting for confirmation.
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 30 2019, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(avantasia @ Jan 28 2019, 08:03 AM)
Good to hear that....but Dreamliner is not bad too!
Thanks! Hope that journey is a nice journey. smile.gif
wenzhenzhen
post Jan 30 2019, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(edriem @ Jan 30 2019, 04:19 PM)
5. Pisa can just do day trip. Nothing much to do other than that tower.
I am thinking just want to sit a train to Pisa from Florence as a day trip. Btw, have you visited Venice? I am planning to visit Venice from Paris via train, however journey took around 1 day to reach to Venice as the train may pass Switzerland. Now still considering whether visiting to Venice is worth to go?

This post has been edited by wenzhenzhen: Jan 30 2019, 10:27 PM
wenzhenzhen
post Feb 1 2019, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(avantasia @ Jan 31 2019, 08:24 AM)
It's a long 14 hrs flight to LHR....i can't imagine  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
Hahaha! I had been experience 14 hours flight from LA to Taipei. My leg was numb for sitting too long haha.
wenzhenzhen
post Feb 8 2019, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

Hi all, has anyone taken overnight train Thello from Paris to Italy? I am thinking want to take this train from Paris to Santa Lucia station in Venice since it can help me to save my accommodation cost.
wenzhenzhen
post Feb 11 2019, 10:40 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

QUOTE(wenzhenzhen @ Jan 7 2019, 10:32 PM)
Hi all, I am planning to visit Europe around end of Oct to beginning of Nov by visiting Amsterdam, Belgium, France (Paris) and Italy. Here's my brief itinerary as below:

1. Amsterdam - 2 nights
2. Brussels, Bruges - 3 nights
3. Paris - 2 nights (Just visit Eiffel Tower, Arc de triomph & the Louvre)
4. Venice - 1 night (Is it enough?)
5. Florence & Pisa - 2 nights
6. Rome & Vatican City - 3 nights

Budget:
2. Accomodation - 30-40 euro per night.

My travel is more on sightseeing than shopping. Appreciate if you can advise my brief itinerary above. Thanks
Dear all, the itinerary above are my old itinerary. Here is my revised itinerary as below:

1. Amsterdam - 3 nights (26/10 - 29/10)
2. Brussels & Bruges - 1 night (29/10 - 30/10)
3. Paris - 3 nights (30/10 - 2/11) - Visit Eiffel Tower, Arc de triomph, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Jardin de Luxembourg, Palace of Versailles (optional). Will take overnight train Thello from Paris to Venice Santa Lucia Station
4. Venice - 1 night (3/11 - 4/11) - Reach there in the morning
5. Florence & Pisa - 2 nights (4/11 - 6/11)
6. Rome and Vatican City - 3 nights ( 6/11 - 9/11)

Budget:
2. Accomodation - 30-40 euro per night. (mostly airbnb and hostels)

I know it is pretty rush itinerary. However, I choose Venice as part of my trip because I wont visit Venice again. Any advice on my itinerary above? Your comments are welcome.
wenzhenzhen
post Feb 14 2019, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

-wrong post-

This post has been edited by wenzhenzhen: Feb 14 2019, 11:08 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1069sec    0.50    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:51 PM