Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

views

digitalz
post Oct 12 2016, 08:03 PM

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
2,030 posts

QUOTE(ntdote @ Oct 12 2016, 10:34 AM)
Hi guys

what is the best way to stay connected in europe?

for germany, prague, amsterdam.

Thanks.
Train or bus if you are not a fan of the plane/immigration checks. But then again, sometimes, the flights are freaking cheap depending on the destination that you are flying from and to.
digitalz
post Oct 13 2016, 01:31 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(ntdote @ Oct 12 2016, 02:16 PM)
Sry bro

I mean internet connected
Haha. On that, I can't really give you any. My line allows me to use my UK based line for free in a lot of the EU countries.
digitalz
post Oct 22 2016, 11:50 PM

2,030 posts

Yes, online notification is a good choice. Skyscanner is not bad but you'd have to be careful on the type of sites that they use. I've used them quite a lot since for me, traveling around to EU is easier.
digitalz
post Oct 23 2016, 06:47 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Oct 22 2016, 07:18 PM)
What do you mean by be careful? Can't we just skip the sites and just book direct? what we want is the alert right? Or am i missing something? Thx
Well lets put it this way, some of the sites are reliable, some are not as much. Some sites have hidden charges, some don't. But then again, I always use the official airline sites to book so no difference for me. smile.gif

Apart from skyscanner, Kayak can be a good choice too. They have been putting up a lot of ads on the tv in the UK too.
digitalz
post Nov 1 2016, 08:53 AM

2,030 posts

faiq90 Do take care in Paris. There have been countless of rioting after the camp in Calais was burned down/closed down. There have been tons of "camps" being set up in the middle of the town. The worst thing is, a lot of the incidents happened near to the Gare Du Nord.

I've not seen many news about the issues in the Malaysian portals but I'll try and update here from time to time since my access to UK/EU news are way easier. smile.gif

On a side note, this should be moved to the Euro thread right? munkeyflo

This post has been edited by digitalz: Nov 1 2016, 08:53 AM
digitalz
post Nov 1 2016, 10:02 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Nov 1 2016, 02:17 AM)
Ok, thx.
Please do update frequently. Other than areas around Paris, are there any news of increased violence/incidents around other parts of Europe that you are aware of?

Just wondering...how are the touristy places in Paris city center doing nowadays. Do these riots affect the tourist areas like Arc Triomphe, Champs Elysees, Louvre etc?
Thanks!
Well, as the Calais was shut down today, i mean yesterday, the fights were going on in the town. For now, since you'll be bringing your kid around so I figure that you might need to take extra care with everything that's happening there. I was there during the Euros lol. Probably gonna go back if I've got the time again to travel there (Iceland in Dec biggrin.gif)

For now, the places I know that was affected/nearby the area was Gare du Nord, Stalingrad etc. The camps were set up on the streets and was very near to the station. Since Gare Du Nord is the hub for Eurostar, so do take precaution.

Not here to scare you but yeah, precaution is needed since they have moved into the city.

On a side note, since you're visiting Amsterdam, do you know Anne Frank? Do you like history during the war and stuff? It's about their life during the war and not really on the war itself. If yes, Anne Frank House is a nice choice. I enjoyed it and for me, it's one of the best self-guided museum that I've seen around. From the start, just follow the sequence and enjoy the whole museum.

Oh ya, you bringing a baby carrier/stroller or what? I saw some parents having difficulties with stroller so a lot that I saw just used carriers for their kids.

This post has been edited by digitalz: Nov 1 2016, 10:03 AM
digitalz
post Nov 1 2016, 07:26 PM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Nov 1 2016, 05:39 AM)
Ok, thanks for explanation. My trip not fixed yet but was excluding Amsterdam. Since Paris could be risky now, might reconsider Amsterdam and include Anne Frank you mentioned. BTW, you might have confused me with someone else as I do not have kids yet!  bruce.gif
Oops. My mistake. The questions should be for faiq90.
digitalz
post Nov 28 2016, 06:12 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(whoopa @ Nov 27 2016, 04:06 PM)
hahah sorry for the confusion.

1. can i fit in swiss, france and italy starting from london within 2 weeks?
2. what interesting places to visit in those locations.
3. should i cut down the countries?
Definitely can.

Question for you. What do you like to see, what do you like to do, what's your main purpose of visiting the countries? How many cities are you aiming to go?

Let me give an example. I spent more than 6 hours in the Lourve when I was in Paris and I'd still be going back there. My plans are quite free and easy so I do as I please. Haha. So yeah, what are your aims.
digitalz
post Nov 29 2016, 08:16 PM

2,030 posts

Why not use hop on hop off buses? Those are good choices if you want to go around the cities first before deciding on where to stop. Hop on anytime, hop off anytime. The best part is that they are available in a lot of the cities around the world.
digitalz
post Nov 30 2016, 06:29 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Nov 29 2016, 04:19 PM)
Hop on hop off buses are the same as the Big Bus Tours right? Do you have any specific company to recommend?
Oops. My mistake. I should have explained it clearly. They are called Hop-On Hop-Off Bus. Here's the link. LINK

This post has been edited by digitalz: Nov 30 2016, 06:29 AM
digitalz
post Dec 9 2016, 04:10 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(-XIII- @ Dec 8 2016, 04:00 PM)
Safe as in, danger (maybe get rob or stop by stranger?haha) and navigating.. afraid get lost easily and all in non-English haha

Because I will be driving my parents, so wondering if it's okay. This will be my first time renting a car to drive in another country.

Generally as long as there is Google map everything will be fine?
For me, I'd recommend Here maps. Reliable and always updated. Best part is that its offline ready after you download it. I've used it in quite a few countries so all is well.

Are you used to driving on the other side of the road though?
digitalz
post Dec 9 2016, 05:38 PM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(-XIII- @ Dec 9 2016, 03:42 AM)
Thanks!

Nope, never drive on the other side before..
But since's the countries I'm going is only 300+-KM apart, as long as drives slowly should be fine?
Well, it depends on when and where you are driving to. Also, this would include during which season. Shorter days for winter and longer days for summer. In some cases, you might only get a few hours of daylight each day as it depends on the weather conditions as well.
digitalz
post Dec 25 2016, 08:04 PM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(7up @ Dec 25 2016, 12:57 PM)
Fak i just booked Vueling from Barcelona to Munich. What is wrong with the airline btw
I've never taken them but based on the experiences on the people beside me, it is shiat. Unscheduled delays, cancellations, retimed flights etc. Worst part is, no notifications, nothing. Even Ryanair isn't as shiat as them.
digitalz
post Dec 27 2016, 01:23 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(aspartame @ Dec 26 2016, 03:16 PM)
I read that these low cost carriers normally can check in 30 days in advance right? And is it true Easyjet only accepts luggage drop off after online check in? Is the process very clear cut and easy at those European airports like Barcelona, Madrid, Rome etc? Appreciate if can hear some feedback on those check in and boarding procedures there. TQ
Check in online then drop luggage. Print out boarding passes first. That's the way for Easyjet. I can't remember the number of days prior to the flight though. They kept on sending me reminders on my email and the app till I just ignored them all the way.
digitalz
post Jan 7 2017, 03:28 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(whoopa @ Jan 6 2017, 04:11 PM)
Ok guys a few q.

Which prepaid is good for 15 days in 3 countries england italy n france?
Disneyland ticket buy from where better. Also for manchester united game ticket.
Depends on where you reach 1st? In UK, if you use 3, you can use it for all the other countries. Do note though, the minutes/texts etc are only for UK numbers. The prepaid is £20 = 12gb etc.

Disneyland tickets buy straight from the site.

For the games, you'd have to buy from resellers, there are quite a number of resellers around too. Prices would vary from the area you sit, the games you watch. For me, I enjoy watching at Stretford End. 90+ minutes of standing up if you are in that section though. No one sits.
digitalz
post Jan 8 2017, 08:20 PM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(whoopa @ Jan 8 2017, 05:31 AM)
not worried about minutes and sms. data can be used in all countries. yes i will be landing in london first.
thanks for all the other info biggrin.gif
You might wanna check out the list in the Three site. They have more than 40+ countries added up till now. (Note though, the signal strength will depend on which carrier they signed up with in the countries).

Also, others might have other alternatives but since I've been using three for quite some time now, its all good for me. Easier for me to travel as well.
digitalz
post Jan 10 2017, 08:19 PM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(huaweie5830 @ Jan 8 2017, 02:10 PM)
Guys anyone done those work & travel kind of things ?

Not aiming to save money with illegal job , but just to go there relax, do some part time and travel around Europe for one or two years ....

Possible ?
Visitors visa/pass will not allow you to work legally. You can only choose to go for those working visas/work illegally/don't work at all.
digitalz
post Jan 12 2017, 04:34 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(glozz @ Jan 11 2017, 02:41 PM)
Not possible officially; but plenty of people use a student visa then work illegally, just be careful as you'll be exploited since you're not protected by labor laws and employers know this...
Student visas, you can work at a maximum 20 hours per week. Some countries more. Just register and get an insurance number so your payment would be higher.

But then, some people tend to risk it so they would go for jobs that can get more hours instead of the maximum that is allowed.
digitalz
post Jan 23 2017, 04:41 PM

2,030 posts

For those planning to go to Iceland, why not try flying from Edinburgh instead of London? smile.gif
digitalz
post Jan 26 2017, 09:03 AM

2,030 posts

QUOTE(yvonnesoo @ Jan 24 2017, 07:06 AM)
more better?
Well, you can explore Edinburgh, and its easier to travel as well in Edinburgh compared to London. Hahahaha.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0351sec    0.48    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:08 PM