Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

views

avantasia
post Oct 6 2019, 05:26 AM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,792 posts

QUOTE(NewMomKelly @ Oct 5 2019, 10:28 PM)
Dear all , kindly need some help .
I plan to travel on business to Germany and rent a car for few days . Do i need to have IDP or can i use my current driving license (which is in Malay/English) to rent a car ?
Pls advise and share your experience .
Thanks
No worries bro....even now can do it online anywhere. Europcar and enterprise i think 1 of the best option for u there. I tried both and now i'm on new W177 A class rent from virtuo in scotland.
avantasia
post Oct 6 2019, 05:30 AM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,792 posts

QUOTE(pisces88 @ Oct 6 2019, 03:35 AM)
guess so.. but previously my airbnb is about 5min , so it was nearer.

you buying any simcard? lebara sim still the best value for europe?
I use celcom roaming 7 day pass at RM138. My kids use EE and so far works well.
act one
post Oct 6 2019, 08:27 AM

Casual
362 posts

QUOTE(NewMomKelly @ Oct 5 2019, 10:28 PM)
Dear all , kindly need some help .
I plan to travel on business to Germany and rent a car for few days . Do i need to have IDP or can i use my current driving license (which is in Malay/English) to rent a car ?
Pls advise and share your experience .
Thanks
Just check your driving license and IC both got English word mean is good enough to use.

Rent in Munich,
Drive through Prague, go to Austria and back to Munich to return.
The driving is easy and perfect.
Get a auto car.

This post has been edited by act one: Oct 6 2019, 08:28 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
avantasia
post Oct 6 2019, 03:37 PM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,792 posts

QUOTE(act one @ Oct 6 2019, 08:27 AM)
Just check your driving license and IC both got English word mean is good enough to use.

Rent in Munich,
Get a auto car.
Best nya.....miss Prague
alvinfks78
post Oct 8 2019, 12:44 PM

Enthusiast
873 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ Sep 25 2019, 05:23 PM)
100% safe, just the plug is different.
Most hotels actually have kettle, but some don't. So yes if very important for you bring. Otherwise I think it's a bit waste of space.
thx reply. yeah it worked. had extra space in the bag and yup nod.gif some Hotel don't have.

Got one hotel Locked the Kettle in the cabinet with the "white plastic single use lock" (the ones the supermarket guard use to close your bags/handbags before you enter the supermarket"

My frens in other room cut it and found the kettle inside. I wonder why they bother to lock it like that. confused.gif
ultraman29
post Oct 10 2019, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Hi, i am planning a 2 week self drive around eastern europe, namely czech, poland, hungary and slovakia.

Anyone who has done a similar trip can advise which city you flew in and out? its not economical to fly in and out from diff countries due to expensive drop off rates if you return the rental in a diff country.

I am hesitatating to use the rail as the travelling time seems to be rather long (for day trains), and am not particularly comfortable to do an overnight train either. doh.gif

QUOTE(act one @ Oct 6 2019, 08:27 AM)

Rent in Munich,
Get a auto car.
Hi, do u need to purchase seperate vignettes when entering czech and austria? Are they difficult to purchase en route?

lyc1982
post Oct 10 2019, 01:06 PM

ExpectNoMercy
1,711 posts

QUOTE(ultraman29 @ Oct 10 2019, 09:35 AM)
Hi, i am planning a 2 week self drive around eastern europe, namely czech, poland, hungary and slovakia.

Anyone who has done a similar trip can advise which city you flew in and out? its not economical to fly in and out from diff countries due to expensive drop off rates if you return the rental in a diff country.

I am hesitatating to use the rail as the travelling time seems to be rather long (for day trains), and am not particularly comfortable to do an overnight train either.  doh.gif
Hi, do u need to purchase seperate vignettes when entering czech and austria? Are they difficult to purchase en route?
use skyscanner or google flight to help you compare fares between different cities
avantasia
post Oct 10 2019, 05:39 PM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,792 posts

I am hesitatating to use the rail as the travelling time seems to be rather long (for day trains), and am not particularly comfortable to do an overnight train either.  doh.gif
I'm doing mix train and drive but without poland. Landed frankfurt out for dep from vienna
moosset
post Oct 12 2019, 05:57 PM

Casual
370 posts

for those who have been to Budapest or Krakow, which area should I stay?
nabelon
post Yesterday, 01:52 AM

My Fight, My Freedom, My Desire
1,643 posts

Any good place to visit around eindhoven?
PATAR
post Today, 04:09 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(moosset @ Oct 12 2019, 05:57 PM)
for those who have been to Budapest or Krakow, which area should I stay?
For Budapest, stay on Pest side, meaning the eastern side of river. I stayed close to Ferenciek tere Metro, very good location imho. But so is more or less all of the eastern side between Petöfi hid/bridge and Margitsziget / Margit island
act one
post Today, 09:54 AM

Casual
362 posts

vignettes... oh.. the pass.
Make sure you look at sign on highway or Ask on first petrol station in the way to new country.
Czech and Austria is separate different.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0384sec    2.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 11:45 PM