Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

198 Pages « < 99 100 101 102 103 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

views

MoneyMaker prince
post Aug 15 2018, 08:30 PM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Aug 14 2018, 02:48 PM)
Hot hot hot but not as hot as Malaysia. My chocolates that I bought at Jungfraujoch did not melt at all when we traveled around/kept in hotel for 2 weeks but melted when reached home! Imagine that. Bring sunblock, sunglass, cap/hat to avoid sunburn. Too late for me as I got sunburn on first day. Darker when I got back hahaha but nice 'momento' la haha
SBB trains do not require reservation. It is board as and when you need to go. I did ask them in FB. Thats their reply. Some trains required compulsory reservation esp in Italy which you are required to pay Euro10 to reserve a seat but SBB trains in Switzerland do not require any reservation cos their trains are always not full thus reservation is not needed. Hope it helps
I shopped at Switzerland. Couldnt get the custom stamp at Zurich as I left Zurich by train to Salzburg, Austria. Since Switzerland is not part of EU, I cannot get my custom stamp at Paris too. What I did was, I get the custom stamp at KLIA haha. My tax refund was refunded on that day when I bought the good in Switzerland to my credit card. no need to wait provided i send the stamped form back to Global Blue within 15 days from date of purchase. Easy peasy. Ask the shop that you bought the stuff to give you fast tax refund. there is a form to print out from credit card machine, envelope and etc.
Thanks! it helps alot!

Now i dont need to worry the seat reservation in Swiss already =)
XiuKeong
post Aug 19 2018, 03:25 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

Wanna ask, anyone booked rental car from RentalCars website before?

Just wanna check on the payment of the Full Protection is it pay during car collection.
Docile
post Aug 19 2018, 03:26 PM

Naked Sleeper
404 posts

Hi... has anybody been to Iceland (for real) before?
I read that most of the petrol station would require us to key in a 4 digit pin if we pay by creditcard.. is this true?
Since malaysia and singapore creditcards are using 6 digit, can we still use it there?
Has anyone experienced this before? Is prepaid petrol card the only option for us?
Human Nature
post Aug 19 2018, 08:04 PM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,133 posts

QUOTE(Docile @ Aug 19 2018, 03:26 PM)
I read that most of the petrol station would require us to key in a 4 digit pin if we pay by creditcard.. is this true?
Since malaysia and singapore creditcards are using 6 digit, can we still use it there?
Has anyone experienced this before? Is prepaid petrol card the only option for us?
i just used paywave everywhere, no experience with petrol stations though. i reckon you may need to pay through the counter.
digitalz
post Aug 19 2018, 09:33 PM

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
2,030 posts

Although I have UK based cards, I'd personally recommend that you use the prepaid petrol card instead in Iceland. Easy to purchase and to use too. If not, pay over the counter. That's what I did after I used up my prepaid petrol card during my drive in Iceland.
lyc1982
post Aug 20 2018, 11:18 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Aug 19 2018, 03:25 PM)
Wanna ask, anyone booked rental car from RentalCars website before?

Just wanna check on the payment of the Full Protection is it pay during car collection.
Full Protection is payable online...some rental companies do collect an amount for deposit over counter.

me...

yes...all petrol stations require 4-digit pin, make sure you check with your CC bank before you go there that you are able to use your CC at non-manned stations
i used Citibank CC before and entered 4-digit...didn't work and it got locked

i always go to manned stations to swipe CC and sign...

piece of advice: always top-up your fuel tank whenever you see a petrol station, don't wait
lyc1982
post Aug 20 2018, 11:20 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(digitalz @ Aug 19 2018, 09:33 PM)
Although I have UK based cards, I'd personally recommend that you use the prepaid petrol card instead in Iceland. Easy to purchase and to use too. If not, pay over the counter. That's what I did after I used up my prepaid petrol card during my drive in Iceland.
only N1 stations have prepaid petrol cards though...and N1 normally has the most expensive petrol in iceland
deodorant
post Aug 20 2018, 10:08 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.
5,691 posts

QUOTE(MoneyMaker prince @ Aug 15 2018, 08:30 PM)
I'm in CH now. You can make seat reservations on the sbb.ch website, but it costs like chf5 per seat plus as babysiew mentioned, trains are not normally crowded (the only leg that my wife and I have had to share 4 seats so far was the Spiez to Interlaken ride).

If you're worried, you can always go sbb.ch website and check out whichever route you want to take, the website will show you an estimated crowd factor for that particular schedule.

Matterhorn in the morning today was nice.

user posted image

This post has been edited by deodorant: Aug 20 2018, 10:13 PM
deathTh3Cannon
post Aug 20 2018, 10:09 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

hi guys, i am visiting vienna this weekend. question :

1) is there a transport pass for visitor to move around ?
XiuKeong
post Aug 20 2018, 10:30 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

QUOTE(deathTh3Cannon @ Aug 20 2018, 10:09 PM)

I only have 1 day in Vienna so I just bought the 24 hour train pass which allows me unlimited ride within that period. There's also 48 and 72 hours or weekly/monthly.
deathTh3Cannon
post Aug 20 2018, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Aug 20 2018, 10:30 PM)
I only have 1 day in Vienna so I just bought the 24 hour train pass which allows me unlimited ride within that period. There's also 48 and 72 hours or weekly/monthly.
hi thanks.. where u bought the ticket? online or on the spot ?
XiuKeong
post Aug 20 2018, 11:14 PM

[OMG] Sweetie™
9,421 posts

QUOTE(deathTh3Cannon @ Aug 20 2018, 11:02 PM)
hi thanks.. where u bought the ticket? online or on the spot ?
On the spot. There will be machine inside the station.

Oh, and don't forget to validate the train ticket

This post has been edited by XiuKeong: Aug 20 2018, 11:15 PM
avantasia
post Aug 21 2018, 06:56 AM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

QUOTE(deathTh3Cannon @ Aug 20 2018, 10:09 PM)

1 day pass at wien hbf sbb counter will cost u €15+-.

But if u don't buy also can still ride on their public transport.
babysiew
post Aug 21 2018, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(christ14 @ Aug 14 2018, 05:49 PM)
On behalf, thanks for the very informative comments hahaha, posting so i can track back this post when i suddenly can make plans to travel there notworthy.gif
sorry its lemon slushies! what the heck happened to me that i typed mango! lol

QUOTE(MoneyMaker prince @ Aug 15 2018, 08:30 PM)
Thanks! it helps alot!

save CHF5 better. Switzerland is so expensive! lol
yujin86
post Aug 21 2018, 10:43 PM

Regular
1,697 posts

from my past experience, some new terminal they can detect your card as foreign CC and you can input 6 digit pin.
but some rural area it is only work with 4 digit pin, you need to walk in as in Malaysia.

This post has been edited by yujin86: Aug 21 2018, 10:43 PM
NicJolin
post Aug 21 2018, 10:54 PM

Stop monitoring =)
1,034 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Aug 14 2018, 02:58 PM)
Admin, I tried to add multiple quote but somehow missed this and I cant add back. So sorry. Forgive my mistake. I just got back from Italy. Hope I can give you some ideas.

26th Oct, 1st day Arrive at Milan 1.35pm local time (sleep at Milan)
27th Oct, 2nd day at Milan (sleep at Milan)

2 nights in Milan sounds good. We skipped Milan though as we did not have enough time.

28th Oct, 3rd day travel to Venice via Train (sleep at Venice)

1 night at Venice? What time is your arrival? Though Venice is a small place, it is nice to spend some time here. So make sure your train is early to max your time at Venice.

29th Oct, 4th day travel to Florence via Train (sleep at Florence)
30th Oct, 5th day at Florence (sleep at Florence)
31st Oct, 6th day at Florence, day trip via train to Pisa & Cinque Terre (sleep at Florence)

3 nights in Florence is ideal. One day Tuscany, Pisa and one day Cinque Terre. Another day explore Florence city itself. I love Florence the best. We stayed so near the Duomo and its exciting to see it daily when we passed by. Florence, please dont forget San Gimignano and Siena. San Gimignano has best wild boar truffle salami in my opinion. Bought a stick back haha Cinque Terre is amazing. We actually hiked from one village to another. So many steps. Tiring yet exciting. Try the mango slushies. Yummy! Do be very careful at Pisa. A member of the day tour grp that we joined got her wallet robbed by two ladies who posed as tourists (mother-daughter style)

1st Nov, 7th day travel to Rome via Train (sleep at Rome)
2nd Nov, 8th day at Rome (sleep at Rome)
3rd Nov, 9th day at Rome, day trip via to Pompeii (sleep at Rome)
4th Nov, 10th day (sleep at Rome)

4 nights at Rome is also ideal cos there are so much to do in Rome! Everywhere you walk is a monument or something historical and amazing. We also went Amalfi Coast and Positano from Rome. It is a day trip with Pompeii. It is more convenient to make Rome your base and then travel day trips from there. We changed 7 hotels in 5 countries and it is quite tiring to pack/unpack hahahaha!

5th Nov, 11th day Flight back
Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated

We only stay a day at Venice because the hotel are ridiculously expensive & I figure since it is small, I'd rather spend more time somewhere else.

I'd probably skip Amalfi/positano since Rome itself seems to have many to see & do already

Which attraction, train tickets, or any metro/train or attraction passes that I can consider to buy in advance?

Colosseum tickets need to buy advance? Vatican city? Academia / Uffizi at florence?

I am thinking intercity train tickets to buy advance to get cheaper rates. Such as those between major cities like Milan to Venice, Venice to Florence & Florence to Rome. Day trips I figure just buy there?

Any special tips, advises?
alucard1983
post Aug 21 2018, 11:55 PM

49 posts

Hi guys

Will be travelling to europe for 3 weeks f4om mid nov to early dec with below plan

Santori first for 6 nights - firostefani area

Paris 6 nights -main itenary would be DLP and shopping at lavallee village,primtemps and lafayette, staying in disney hotel and near opera. 2 hotels in 6 nights

London 7 nights -main itenary would be shopping at oxford street and staying nearby there

My wife and I plan to take it easy and take our time when we are there and our travel style is semi lux . It would be autumn - winter climate I assume when we are there. Been reading alot of reviews from google and such but would like to ask forumers here

1. Any recommended tips when travelling to those outlets to shop? Is there a tourist card i can buy that get me to cut ques and such?
2. Any laundrette nearby where i would be staying in both paris and london?
3. Any malaysians you know encountered any problems with imigration and such when entering the country?
4. Any spots totally recommended to visit at any of the location that we will be going?
5. How much cash in euro and gbp should be bring aside from using cc and atm?

Its our first time going to europe and i would like make the trip as smooth as possible
Thank you sifus.

avantasia
post Aug 22 2018, 12:29 AM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

QUOTE(alucard1983 @ Aug 21 2018, 11:55 PM)
Hi guys

Will be travelling to europe for 3 weeks f4om mid nov to early dec with below plan

Paris 6 nights -main itenary would be DLP and shopping at lavallee village,primtemps and lafayette, staying in disney hotel and near opera. 2 hotels in 6 nights

London 7 nights -main itenary would be shopping at oxford street and staying nearby there

My wife and I plan to take it easy and take our time when we are there and our travel style is semi lux . It would be autumn - winter climate I assume when we are there. Been reading alot of reviews from google and such but would like to ask forumers here

1. Any recommended tips when travelling to those outlets to shop? Is there a tourist card i can buy that get me to cut ques and such?
3. Any malaysians you know encountered any problems with imigration and such when entering the country?
4. Any spots totally recommended to visit at any of the location that we will be going?

Its our first time going to europe and i would like make the trip as smooth as possible
Thank you sifus.
Nope.

Definitely have

Me myself never have any issue before

If u like more discount go to outlet rather than shopping mall or boutique

800 each will be sufficient enough. I travel with my family of 5.
touristking
post Aug 22 2018, 06:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,450 posts

QUOTE(alucard1983 @ Aug 21 2018, 04:55 PM)
Hi guys

Thank you sifus.
I would totally recommend you get a Bigpay PrePaid card. You top up with your other CC before use. The big advantages are:
1. You couldn't believe how low are their foreign currency conversion rate compared to other traditional CC and ATM withdrawal. At least about 1 - 2% differences. And it's a Mastercard so you can use it anywhere MC is accepted.
2. The apps is good at keeping track of spending. There is no need to keep a loads of payment slip because every spending is updated instantly on the apps

The only problem I can foresee in your case is, you might want to buy a couple LV bags and this card can only hold RM 10,000 at any one time.

When I last landed in UK, I think I only have less than GBP 100 cash and much are still there when I left 2 weeks later

Just repeating. While overseas using cards, if given a choice, ALWAYS select the local currency. Select Euro or GBP.

https://www.bigpayme.com/

This post has been edited by touristking: Aug 22 2018, 06:32 AM
MoneyMaker prince
post Aug 22 2018, 08:22 AM

On my way
507 posts

QUOTE(deodorant @ Aug 20 2018, 10:08 PM)
I'm in CH now. You can make seat reservations on the sbb.ch website, but it costs like chf5 per seat plus as babysiew mentioned, trains are not normally crowded (the only leg that my wife and I have had to share 4 seats so far was the Spiez to Interlaken ride).

If you're worried, you can always go sbb.ch website and check out whichever route you want to take, the website will show you an estimated crowd factor for that particular schedule.

Matterhorn in the morning today was nice.

user posted image
OK! i will go find again. Couldnt find it the last time i check the website.

198 Pages « < 99 100 101 102 103 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:01 PM