Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Please post GE14 related topics in the following new section ► https://forum.lowyat.net/MalaysiaVotes2018

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

djkeoni
post Apr 9 2018, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hey there folks,

Any recommendation of which travel insurance to get? Will be travelling to Belgium, Spain, UK and Thailand with my wife for business and leisure.

Was considering AXA as I have bought from them twice previously. Any thoughts? Or other companies?

Thanks!
lyc1982
post Apr 9 2018, 03:27 PM

ExpectNoMercy
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(djkeoni @ Apr 9 2018, 03:23 PM)
Hey there folks,

Any recommendation of which travel insurance to get? Will be travelling to Belgium, Spain, UK and Thailand with my wife for business and leisure.

Was considering AXA as I have bought from them twice previously. Any thoughts? Or other companies?

Thanks!
from what i have gathered so far...AXA seems to be the best in terms of claiming if anything happens
avantasia
post Apr 13 2018, 10:08 AM

a while in dreamland!!!

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Apr 9 2018, 03:27 PM)
from what i have gathered so far...AXA seems to be the best in terms of claiming if anything happens
I have been using AxA since laat 2 yeara becoz their price is very reasonable and online friendly.
deodorant
post Apr 15 2018, 01:47 PM

Surfing LYN instead of Working.

Guys/gals any comment on August (summer) very rough itinerary? The only thing confirmed is the last day flying out of Zurich, flying in ticket not yet bought.

15 Aug - Fly into Geneva (10pm), stay overnight.
16 Aug - Geneva day tour (old town, UN, patek philippe museum, etc)
17 Aug - Day Trip Annecy
18 Aug - Day Trip Chamonix/Auguille du Midi
19 Aug - Buy 8-days swiss rail pass, travel to Zermatt, Gonergrat Bahn, Klein Matterhorn
20 Aug - Maybe Montreux, then travel to Interlaken
21 Aug - Day trip Jungfraujoch
22 Aug - Day trip Bern
23 Aug - Day Trip ... ?!??
24 Aug - Travel to Lucerne, explore Lucerne, then travel to Zurich
25 Aug - 3/4 day chilling out in Zurich then 9pm flight back home.

This post has been edited by deodorant: Apr 15 2018, 01:47 PM
ysc
post Apr 15 2018, 09:07 PM

Enthusiast

Anyone know if Malaysian license (the new hard plastic one) can use in Austria?

I plan to rent a car in Salzburg, then drive to Hallstatt then drive to Vienna, all within Austria.
PATAR
post Apr 16 2018, 03:48 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(ysc @ Apr 15 2018, 09:07 PM)
Anyone know if Malaysian license (the new hard plastic one) can use in Austria?

I plan to rent a car in Salzburg, then drive to Hallstatt then drive to Vienna, all within Austria.
You should get an international drivers permit before you go.
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3871322/all

MoneyMaker prince
post Apr 16 2018, 06:53 PM

Casual

Hi all,

In Switzerland, i read online that alot of resort / hotel is closed on november (low season) and only open in december. Is that true? should i avoid going on november then?
noslek
post Apr 16 2018, 08:10 PM

QUOTE(MoneyMaker prince @ Apr 16 2018, 06:53 PM)
Hi all,

In Switzerland, i read online that alot of resort / hotel is closed on november (low season) and only open in december. Is that true? should i avoid going on november then?
Haven’t been to Switzerland but it is quite normal for some places to close during off-season.

Depending on what you want to do, that will determine if you should visit or not. I don’t think all hotels will be close during off-season, and if this really is the case, there’s still Airbnb. Nature and landscape doesn’t have an opening hours, so you’ll still be able to enjoy the Mother Nature and it’s beauty.

Had been to a few places during off-season, granted some of the recommended attractions and food places are closed, but it’s still enjoyable considering there’s lesser crowd and accoms are slightly cheaper..
PATAR
post Apr 16 2018, 10:23 PM

QUOTE(noslek @ Apr 16 2018, 08:10 PM)
Haven’t been to Switzerland but it is quite normal for some places to close during off-season.

Depending on what you want to do, that will determine if you should visit or not. I don’t think all hotels will be close during off-season, and if this really is the case, there’s still Airbnb.  Nature and landscape doesn’t have an opening hours, so you’ll still be able to enjoy the Mother Nature and it’s beauty.

Had been to a few places during off-season, granted some of the recommended attractions and food places are closed, but it’s still enjoyable considering there’s lesser crowd and accoms are slightly cheaper..
Some hotels in ski resorts close when there is no snow for skiing.
Some hotels in beach towns close when it's too cold for the beach.
This is totally normal everywhere where climate is different over the year.
However if three hotels close, sure one will be open for the off-season tourists.
lonestar2017
post Apr 17 2018, 04:12 AM

I'm planning to go to London on the 3rd May for about 1 week. I understand that I do not need a Visa but when i checked the website (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/malaysia/tourism) it states that I should bring the same documents I would need to apply for a visa. I want to know is this necessary? I will have a return ticket and the hotel address of my stay when I'm in the London. Is that sufficient?
mystalyzer
post Apr 17 2018, 04:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lonestar2017 @ Apr 17 2018, 04:12 AM)
I'm planning to go to London on the 3rd May for about 1 week. I understand that I do not need a Visa but when i checked the website (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/malaysia/tourism) it states that I should bring the same documents I would need to apply for a visa. I want to know is this necessary? I will have a return ticket and the hotel address of my stay when I'm in the London. Is that sufficient?
You don't need a visa to visit UK. You should however, bring all your necessary documents such as hotel bookings, return flight and be prepared to answer questions about your trip like the places you plan to visit.
lonestar2017
post Apr 17 2018, 04:52 AM

QUOTE(mystalyzer @ Apr 17 2018, 04:43 AM)
You don't need a visa to visit UK. You should however, bring all your necessary documents such as hotel bookings, return flight and be prepared to answer questions about your trip like the places you plan to visit.
Do I need to prepare documents like my bank account statement and employment details?
mystalyzer
post Apr 17 2018, 05:05 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lonestar2017 @ Apr 17 2018, 04:52 AM)
Do I need to prepare documents like my bank account statement and employment  details?
to be safe, better bring it. a business card would be useful. better to bring documents you may not need than risk getting turned back at the border.

if you are the unlucky one, they might question you further and ask you to produce these documents

(Malaysians have a pretty bad record of working illegally in the UK)
lonestar2017
post Apr 17 2018, 06:44 AM

QUOTE(mystalyzer @ Apr 17 2018, 05:05 AM)
to be safe, better bring it. a business card would be useful. better to bring documents you may not need than risk getting turned back at the border.

if you are the unlucky one, they might question you further and ask you to produce these documents

(Malaysians have a pretty bad record of working illegally in the UK)
Besides bank account statement and employment details, what other documents should I prepare. The thing is I am a freelancer and I don’t know how to prove my employment.
tangtang22
post Apr 17 2018, 10:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MoneyMaker prince @ Apr 16 2018, 06:53 PM)
Hi all,

depends on what ur looking for. If skiing, then its hard cos not enough snow at the mountains.

If purely sight-seeing, no issue with it at all but do note that not all restaurants will be open then and ur choices will be lesser as some of them are closed during the off peak as well.

MoneyMaker prince
post Apr 17 2018, 07:32 PM

Casual

QUOTE(tangtang22 @ Apr 17 2018, 10:22 AM)
depends on what ur looking for. If skiing, then its hard cos not enough snow at the mountains.

If purely sight-seeing, no issue with it at all but do note that not all restaurants will be open then and ur choices will be lesser as some of them are closed during the off peak as well.
Thanks all for your reply.

Guess it shouldnt bother me much because im there for the scenery, not skiing.
christ14
post Today, 07:28 AM

Enthusiast

Any place to land beside London if im planning for say other parts of Eur which i have never been to

Previous landed Lon then went Paris brussels ams london.
noslek
post Today, 08:42 AM

QUOTE(christ14 @ Apr 19 2018, 07:28 AM)
Any place to land beside London if im planning for say other parts of Eur which i have never been to

Previous landed Lon then went Paris brussels ams london.
Technically speaking as long as there’s an airport with commercial air service, you should be able to land, and most European countries have an airport with such service.

I think what you should do is firstly determine where you want to visit, and then plan how to get there. Even if you cannot fly to the destination, there’s always alternative mode of transport to get there.
christ14
post Today, 09:25 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(noslek @ Apr 19 2018, 08:42 AM)
Technically speaking as long as there’s an airport with commercial air service, you should be able to land, and most European countries have an airport with such service.

I think what you should do is firstly determine where you want to visit, and then plan how to get there. Even if you cannot fly to the destination, there’s always alternative mode of transport to get there.
Ohya.. i guess i ask the question wrongly. Would wana fly from KUL. But to some place its quiet pricey. Alot from Sg though but doesnt entice me to go there for flight

Thanks2. I'll research more. Was just looking for different itinerary if anybody had similar plans i could base on

89 Pages « < 87 88 89Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0812sec    3.48    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2018 - 09:49 PM