Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

198 Pages « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

views

westlife
post Feb 27 2018, 10:31 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(avantasia @ Feb 27 2018, 01:20 AM)
U can visit on a day trip basis to cologne, munich or nuremberg by ice
ic. thanks. what about switzerland, is bern worthwhile to visit for 2 nights stay?
lyc1982
post Feb 27 2018, 10:34 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Feb 27 2018, 10:31 AM)
ic. thanks. what about switzerland, is bern worthwhile to visit for 2 nights stay?
spend more nights at interlaken instead

bern is not that far from interlaken for day trip
westlife
post Feb 27 2018, 11:59 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Feb 27 2018, 10:34 AM)
spend more nights at interlaken instead

bern is not that far from interlaken for day trip
ic. i think i may stay in zurich instead of bern for 2 nites. any suggestion of cheap and ok hotel?

lyc1982
post Feb 27 2018, 01:45 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Feb 27 2018, 11:59 AM)
ic. i think i may stay in zurich instead of bern for 2 nites. any suggestion of cheap and ok hotel?
try to search airbnb...sometimes you may find rare gems
SUSChaNzy
post Feb 28 2018, 09:45 AM

May the Force be with You
578 posts

QUOTE(pitapupux @ Feb 12 2018, 07:19 AM)
Hello guys, can I know what is the best way to go Hallstatt from Prague or Vienna?

I'm planning to do Prague - Vienna - Budapest trip, would like to go Hallstatt for a day trip.
Not sure about Prague but I went to Hallstatt via Wien Meilding station in Vienna. The trip is about three to four hours per way.

Do remember to purchase your tickets earlier - 3 months earlier - to get cheaper prices. Try going there earlier to pay the observatory a visit (not sure how to get there though; didnt manage to find). I had to give it a miss since it was already 5pm by the time i finished exploring the village. The last ferry from the village would be at 6:15pm. There is a small hut at the village to facilitate tix selling and of sort so check out the schedule there.

The ferry ride across the lake from the station is arnd 2.20 euros in total i think. Dont miss the ferry back home ya. There is no other way to get back to Vienna faster since the train station and the jetty is separated by the lake. The other way wouls be by bus but takes longer. Plus, the hotel in Hallstatt is limited and rented at extorbitant prices.

This post has been edited by ChaNzy: Feb 28 2018, 10:23 AM
westlife
post Feb 28 2018, 03:59 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

which insurance plan should i go for?

Attached Image
lyc1982
post Feb 28 2018, 04:22 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Feb 28 2018, 03:59 PM)
which insurance plan should i go for?

Attached Image
i will take the $62 plan
avantasia
post Mar 1 2018, 12:39 AM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

FWD Business
christ14
post Mar 1 2018, 02:00 AM

Regular
1,503 posts

beast from the east arrived. and my flights in 6hr damn.... scared cold and cancel all the bus
billsean
post Mar 1 2018, 10:50 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Feb 26 2018, 08:40 PM)
if I got 7 nites to spend in Switzerland and Germany and will be departing from Frankfurt which means I will not be visiting any cities beyond frankrut.

How should I plan the days? thanks guys.
Switzerland's cities have different charm. The central and eastern part (Bern, Zurich) is influenced by Germany. However, the Lac Leman (Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux), they've French influence. Even the languages used are different. Thus, they have different charm. I've been to Switzerland for two times already, and had explored both. I stayed in Bern for the first time. It is a nice base since it is very centre. You can take train to anywhere in the country from Bern. The second time, I stayed at Lausanne. To me, the Lac Leman area is cheaper. You can even cross to the French side to explore small medieval towns like Yvoire and Evian-les-Bains. They're really beautiful. I especially love Yvoire. And, consider visiting Zermatt for Matterhorn. And, don't miss the Jungfraujoch. And please, please, take the Swisspass or railpass for Germany and Switzerland. You'll save a lot of money. Plus, you'll have all the flexibility in hopping on any train you want at anytime. Some of the scenic trains are free with the rail pass. Oh, and remember, some cities in Switzerland offer free transportation for tourist. You'll get the transportation card at your hotel. This card covers the city trams, subway or buses. Use this to the fullest!
westlife
post Mar 1 2018, 11:06 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(billsean @ Mar 1 2018, 10:50 AM)
Switzerland's cities have different charm. The central and eastern part (Bern, Zurich) is influenced by Germany. However, the Lac Leman (Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux), they've French influence. Even the languages used are different. Thus, they have different charm. I've been to Switzerland for two times already, and had explored both. I stayed in Bern for the first time. It is a nice base since it is very centre. You can take train to anywhere in the country from Bern. The second time, I stayed at Lausanne. To me, the Lac Leman area is cheaper. You can even cross to the French side to explore small medieval towns like Yvoire and Evian-les-Bains. They're really beautiful. I especially love Yvoire. And, consider visiting Zermatt for Matterhorn. And, don't miss the Jungfraujoch. And please, please, take the Swisspass or railpass for Germany and Switzerland. You'll save a lot of money. Plus, you'll have all the flexibility in hopping on any train you want at anytime. Some of the scenic trains are free with the rail pass. Oh, and remember, some cities in Switzerland offer free transportation for tourist. You'll get the transportation card at your hotel. This card covers the city trams, subway or buses. Use this to the fullest!
thanks a lot for the valuable opinions. they are really helpful for me as a first-timer there. rclxms.gif thumbsup.gif

just to check, if i am staying in zurich for 2 nights, is it still feasible to visit Jungfraujoch? initially wanted to base in Bern but tot that Zurich has more things to see while Bern is more quiet town although it is capital?

This post has been edited by westlife: Mar 1 2018, 11:16 AM
westlife
post Mar 1 2018, 11:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,302 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Feb 28 2018, 04:22 PM)
i will take the $62 plan
yeah, i am thinking the same too. is FWD a good company in terms of claims etc? I have never heard about this company before. pardon my ignorance tongue.gif
avantasia
post Mar 1 2018, 03:59 PM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Mar 1 2018, 11:20 AM)
yeah, i am thinking the same too. is FWD a good company in terms of claims etc? I have never heard about this company before.  pardon my ignorance tongue.gif
All same la....not hassle free 1
inachi
post Mar 2 2018, 12:14 AM

i don troll
1,097 posts

guys im travelling to London, Amsterdam and Berlin

should i get simcard or pocket wifi? either one, which company should i go for?
babysiew
post Mar 2 2018, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(inachi @ Mar 2 2018, 12:14 AM)

I am getting 2 sim card from hello1010
9G should be sufficient i hope. if u r at UK, then 12G
i am going for 3 weeks

https://hello1010.my/uk-europe-three-aio

This post has been edited by babysiew: Mar 2 2018, 11:59 AM
glozz
post Mar 2 2018, 06:08 PM

"Robocop"
1,681 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Mar 1 2018, 11:06 AM)
thanks a lot for the valuable opinions. they are really helpful for me as a first-timer there.  rclxms.gif  thumbsup.gif

just to check, if i am staying in zurich for 2 nights, is it still feasible to visit Jungfraujoch? initially wanted to base in Bern but tot that Zurich has more things to see while Bern is more quiet town although it is capital?
Switzerland's one of my favorite places, and we've been there 4 times already. Driven the last 2 times and won't take another non-car trip if we do go back there again. Even considering moving there for work; but that's besides the point.

It depends on what you like. Zurich I personally find very boring; and I've not been to Bern but don't see what's so great about it. Also; it's not the most central location for the whole country. I personally like/love Interlaken because it's "really" central and easy access to everything that's great in Switzerland. If you have a car, you can easily stay in some villages nearby which is even cheaper! My last trip I stayed at a village on one of the hills overlooking Interlaken and we'll never stay in Interlaken again! It was that great. Anyway, as a base; I highly recommend Interlaken (we normally do minimum 3-4 nights there) and/or Lucerne.
PATAR
post Mar 2 2018, 07:36 PM

Getting Started
191 posts

QUOTE(inachi @ Mar 2 2018, 12:14 AM)

Buy a prepaid simcard at your first stop. Operator doesn't matter so much but make sure they have a priceplan/package with EU-roaming, and buy that plan.
Since last year the norm is no extra charges for roaming with an EU-simcard in any EU-country. But operators have countered that by disabling roaming for their cheapest prepaid-plans.
inachi
post Mar 2 2018, 11:11 PM

i don troll
1,097 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Mar 2 2018, 11:59 AM)
I am getting 2 sim card from hello1010
9G should be sufficient i hope. if u r at UK, then 12G
i am going for 3 weeks

https://hello1010.my/uk-europe-three-aio
why are u getting two?

QUOTE(PATAR @ Mar 2 2018, 07:36 PM)
Buy a prepaid simcard at your first stop. Operator doesn't matter so much but make sure they have a priceplan/package with EU-roaming, and buy that plan.
Since last year the norm is no extra charges for roaming with an EU-simcard in any EU-country. But operators have countered that by disabling roaming for their cheapest prepaid-plans.
any idea how much roughly? coz from what being suggested above, hello1010 is selling at RM145. and im able to roam throughout all the countries im going
Human Nature
post Mar 3 2018, 10:40 AM

- student of human nature -
All Stars
25,132 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ Mar 2 2018, 07:36 PM)
Is the roaming feature automatic ie. enabled when you stepped into another country or you need to do something to activate it? TQ
plumberly
post Mar 3 2018, 11:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,612 posts

Planning to tour this 8Days 6Nights Europe Fantastic- Oman Air
(Switzerland / Germany / The Netherlands / Belgium / France) by Hello Holidays in Jun this year.

http://helloholidays.com.my/tours/8days-6n...astic-oman-air/

Appreciate feedback from friends here (2 good points and 2 bad points) on:

AA the tour package
BB the service from Hello Holidays

Please let me know ASAP as I have to decide very soon.

Many thanks.

198 Pages « < 77 78 79 80 81 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0217sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:45 PM