Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

doinkz_gaara
post Jul 22 2017, 11:57 PM
Too fast to live, too young to die
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jul 20 2017, 04:43 PM)
i just checked, rm660 for 21 days... haha not bad actually
Use a local sim when I was there, only 20pounds for a month's worth of unlimited data by Three.
http://www.cheechingy.com/2016/02/9-money-...e-going-on.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
OhNooy
post Jul 24 2017, 12:37 PM
Regular

Understood that most people here are traveling yourself, and not following travel agents. However, as my parents plan to go Europe next year, any recommended travel agencies specialized in organizing Europe trip? Any experience (good/bad) to share?
+Quote Post
edison1437
post Jul 24 2017, 02:09 PM
Enthusiast

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jul 11 2017, 08:05 PM)
I think one or two weeks would be perfect. Quite a number of things to see there.
The Lourve itself is one whole day.
I just check the price for metro and entrance fee for the attractions.....
Its like 155 euro for 5 days sweat.gif
Is this normal? rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by edison1437: Jul 24 2017, 02:13 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
lyc1982
post Jul 24 2017, 04:00 PM
ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(doinkz_gaara @ Jul 22 2017, 11:57 PM)
Use  a local sim when I was there, only 20pounds for a month's worth of unlimited data by Three.
http://www.cheechingy.com/2016/02/9-money-...e-going-on.html
but speed wise is...?

after reading thru...i assume it's 12gb at high speed for 30 days, and throttled down to super slow speed after the quota has been exhausted

This post has been edited by lyc1982: Jul 24 2017, 04:02 PM
+Quote Post
doinkz_gaara
post Jul 24 2017, 07:27 PM
Too fast to live, too young to die

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jul 24 2017, 04:00 PM)
but speed wise is...?

after reading thru...i assume it's 12gb at high speed for 30 days, and throttled down to super slow speed after the quota has been exhausted
It was alright. I didn't hit 12gb haha. Plus here's wifi at hostel and I mostly used it for navigation.
+Quote Post
miyakochan89
post Jul 24 2017, 08:27 PM
IDGAF

QUOTE(edison1437 @ Jul 24 2017, 02:09 PM)
I just check the price for metro and entrance fee for the attractions.....
Its like 155 euro for 5 days  sweat.gif
Is this normal? rclxub.gif
Yes this is very normal, i think it's not bad since it gives you access to all the points of interest. Louvre entrance is 15euro, Arc de triomphe is 12euro, so on and so forth.

The unlimited pass for the travel is nice though because it makes thing easier because you can use it on all transportation and different zones. (Yes, different tickets, different lanes for various zones and their public transportation is so vast, it can get confusing). But if you are just around Paris and if you have made a list of places and POI that you would visit and realise that you don't need that much after all, you might not need that unlimited travel pass or that POI pass especially you can just walk around without using any form of public transport. Or if you have to take subway, you can always purchase the 10 carnet (tickets) in bulk for about 14.50euro only. You can take 5, the other 5 give it to your partner. And when you find yourself needing to use subway again, just buy that 10 tickets again.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: Jul 24 2017, 08:28 PM
+Quote Post
sgdrugstore
post Jul 24 2017, 08:51 PM
Group: Junior Member

To add on, admission to the Louvre is free on the first Sunday of each month (From October to March).
Personally, I think the unlimited pass is not that cost-saving anyway. It also puts you under tremendous stress to get the most out of the pass. Rather than rushing here and there, why not travel around at your own pace and enjoy the picturesque Parisian streets and its architecture.
+Quote Post
edison1437
post Jul 25 2017, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jul 24 2017, 08:27 PM)
Yes this is very normal, i think it's not bad since it gives you access to all the points of interest. Louvre entrance is 15euro, Arc de triomphe is 12euro, so on and so forth.

The unlimited pass for the travel is nice though because it makes thing easier because you can use it on all transportation and different zones. (Yes, different tickets, different lanes for various zones and their public transportation is so vast, it can get confusing). But if you are just around Paris and if you have made a list of places and POI that you would visit and realise that you don't need that much after all, you might not need that unlimited travel pass  or that POI pass especially you can just walk around without using any form of public transport. Or if you have to take subway, you can always purchase the 10 carnet (tickets) in bulk for about 14.50euro only. You can take 5, the other 5 give it to your partner. And when you find yourself needing to use subway again, just buy that 10 tickets again.
QUOTE(sgdrugstore @ Jul 24 2017, 08:51 PM)
To add on, admission to the Louvre is free on the first Sunday of each month (From October to March).
Personally, I think the unlimited pass is not that cost-saving anyway. It also puts you under tremendous stress to get the most out of the pass. Rather than rushing here and there, why not travel around at your own pace and enjoy the picturesque Parisian streets and its architecture.
I'm actually will only spend about 4 days in Paris and 1 of the days is in Disneyland. not sure its wise to get the unlimited pass.

I but I tempted to buy the boat lunch thing 60 euro per pax not sure its worth hmm.gif
+Quote Post
lyc1982
post Jul 25 2017, 10:58 AM
ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(sgdrugstore @ Jul 24 2017, 08:51 PM)
this i agree...the savings not till that level that will buy you a car or something
+Quote Post
pakgao
post Jul 25 2017, 12:28 PM

hows the weather in mount titlis during october? need winter clothes?
+Quote Post
Janevdb
post Jul 25 2017, 01:05 PM
Group: New Member

QUOTE(digitalz @ Jul 22 2017, 09:18 AM)
Amsterdam or where?
Any place in holland.
+Quote Post
Janevdb
post Jul 25 2017, 01:05 PM
Group: New Member

QUOTE(avantasia @ Jul 22 2017, 07:26 PM)
I prefer Den Haag and Rotterdam.
What to do in rotterdam and den haag?
+Quote Post
lyc1982
post Yesterday, 10:33 AM
ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(pakgao @ Jul 25 2017, 12:28 PM)
hows the weather in mount titlis during october? need winter clothes?
october you will need winter clothings
+Quote Post
Mel2
post Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Getting Started

QUOTE(OhNooy @ Jul 24 2017, 12:37 PM)
Understood that most people here are traveling yourself, and not following travel agents. However, as my parents plan to go Europe next year, any recommended travel agencies specialized in organizing Europe trip? Any experience (good/bad) to share?
You can consider Parlo Tour.
My family and I took up their tour package to Italy two years ago. Ok la, for first timers to that country, I had to go with travel agency.

Which part of Europe your parents are planning to go?
+Quote Post
OhNooy
post Yesterday, 11:59 PM
Regular

QUOTE(Mel2 @ Jul 26 2017, 10:15 PM)
You can consider Parlo Tour.
My family and I took up their tour package to Italy two years ago. Ok la, for first timers to that country,  I had to go with travel agency.

Which part of Europe your parents are planning to go?
My parents are considering Netherlands and nearby countries (depending which type of packages available), my dad wants to bring my mom to Keukenhof as my mom loves flowers. They are a little concerned over tour guide forcing to go shopping etc. like what happened with China & Thailand.
+Quote Post

53 Pages « < 51 52 53Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0743sec    4.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th July 2017 - 10:35 AM