Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

198 Pages « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

TRAVEL TO EUROPE V2, all about Europe here. ;)

views

TSmiyakochan89
post Jul 19 2017, 01:44 PM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(jessyca_loh @ Jul 19 2017, 01:35 PM)
I do notice France is huge but do not know the other places of interest, will explore more into Nice / Cannes / Monaco and perhaps cut short of certain places. Guess would love to explore more of France / Paris and nearby areas ..
I think of planning the transportation from 1 place to another is like super headache..some more have to survey on AirBnB..cos hope to stay near train stations so easier to travel around..

Planning for 1 country holiday is easy but few countries within 1 trip is not easy...
Is it your first time there? Then I think you should stick to Paris and it surrounding area. It has tons of places of interest already. Nice and Cannes are at the South. You might not have enough days though. And yes France is very big. While Europe has good transportation around, sometimes the timing or the budget might not suit.

Edit: yeap, looking back at your schedule, you might not have enough days for Nice/Cannes/Monaco or even Paris, if you try to squeeze Nice/Cannes/Monaco into your France itinerary, you definitely will not have enough, might end up just staying at one spot for few minutes and then rush to another. Or else you will have to forgo Barcelona. But it's an amazing place too, i did 3 days there once it was too rush, couldn't really settle and enjoy the beauty of it. It's up to you. wink.gif

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: Jul 19 2017, 01:48 PM
jessyca_loh
post Jul 19 2017, 02:07 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jul 19 2017, 01:38 PM)
that's part of the joy of planning an itinerary...if you are lazy to do homework then opt for tours

it's better to plan beforehand so you can fully enjoy the vacation when you are there, not scrambling for stuff without any clues while you are there...
Oh i use this website ( www.visitacity.com ) to plan for top tourists spots to visit cause don't think I have enough time to do that myself. I like this tool cos it auto arrange all the places of interest for you then will inform u if that place is not opened on particular day and u can rearrange it..u can add in your accommodation, will roughly tell u how far to travel from your accommodation to the tourist spots too..

I have downloaded MapMe for offline map...

Just hope that i have enough time to read and plan my itinerary..hehe
jessyca_loh
post Jul 19 2017, 02:14 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jul 19 2017, 01:44 PM)
Is it your first time there? Then I think you should stick to Paris and it surrounding area. It has tons of places of interest already. Nice and Cannes are at the South. You might not have enough days though. And yes France is very big. While Europe has good transportation around, sometimes the timing or the budget might not suit.

Edit: yeap, looking back at your schedule, you might not have enough days for Nice/Cannes/Monaco or even Paris, if you try to squeeze Nice/Cannes/Monaco into your France itinerary, you definitely will not have enough, might end up just staying at one spot for few minutes and then rush to another. Or else you will have to forgo Barcelona. But it's an amazing place too, i did 3 days there once it was too rush, couldn't really settle and enjoy the beauty of it. It's up to you. wink.gif
yah 1st time in Europe..im using www.visitacity.com to plan for places of interest to visit for each places im going..

Erm i cant forgo Barcelona as my husband has an event there and I'm going to meet him there and we start our Europe tour from Barcelona...

yalo...i see the exchange rate, i almost pengsan..cos if not mistaken i need to exchange Euro and Pounds..

In order to see which mode of transportation for me to travel from 1 place to another place..im using goeuro.com for a reference...

Btw, other than RyanAir / Easyjet, are there any other options which i can explore ?

Thanks..

lyc1982
post Jul 19 2017, 04:25 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(jessyca_loh @ Jul 19 2017, 02:07 PM)
Oh i use this website ( www.visitacity.com ) to plan for top tourists spots to visit cause don't think I have enough time to do that myself. I like this tool cos it auto arrange all the places of interest for you then will inform u if that place is not opened on particular day and u can rearrange it..u can add in your accommodation, will roughly tell u how far to travel from your accommodation to the tourist spots too..

I have downloaded MapMe for offline map...

Just hope that i have enough time to read and plan my itinerary..hehe
interesting on visitacity.com, will try using it for my next trip
noslek
post Jul 19 2017, 07:33 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(jessyca_loh @ Jul 19 2017, 02:14 PM)
yah 1st time in Europe..im using www.visitacity.com to plan for places of interest to visit for each places im going..

Erm i cant forgo Barcelona as my husband has an event there and I'm going to meet him there and we start our Europe tour from Barcelona...

yalo...i see the exchange rate, i almost pengsan..cos if not mistaken i need to exchange Euro and Pounds..

In order to see which mode of transportation for me to travel from 1 place to another place..im using goeuro.com for a reference...

Btw, other than RyanAir / Easyjet, are there any other options which i can explore ?

Thanks..
Thanks for sharing visitacity and goeuro! Learn something new today! I usually just use the good old google maps and sometimes rome2rio.com

Other than RyanAir and EasyJet, can explore Vueling too since you'll be in Spain, they're the budget airline mostly based in Spain. But usually for flight options I'll still use skyscanner to explore my full options.
LoNeLyKiRa
post Jul 20 2017, 12:45 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

Travelling to London-France-Switzerland-Germany-Belgium-Netherlands

Any recommendation on prepaid sim card that cover all the locations above?

Prefer unlimited data, without voice and sms is ok
lyc1982
post Jul 20 2017, 12:50 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(LoNeLyKiRa @ Jul 20 2017, 12:45 PM)

try travelrecommends portable wifi...

btw london is not a country...
jessyca_loh
post Jul 20 2017, 04:24 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(LoNeLyKiRa @ Jul 20 2017, 12:45 PM)

Try this link - http://hello1010.my/

I intend to get it for my upcoming trip
jessyca_loh
post Jul 20 2017, 04:25 PM

Casual
344 posts

QUOTE(noslek @ Jul 19 2017, 07:33 PM)
Thanks for sharing visitacity and goeuro! Learn something new today! I usually just use the good old google maps and sometimes rome2rio.com

Other than RyanAir and EasyJet, can explore Vueling too since you'll be in Spain, they're the budget airline mostly based in Spain. But usually for flight options I'll still use skyscanner to explore my full options.
Thanks for your recommendation, will check out Vueling and try to use skyscanner.. smile.gif
babysiew
post Jul 20 2017, 04:34 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

Emirates one way to Paris for 2 pax is RM3.9k but coming back Rome to KL, RM5.3K for 2 pax... the RM3.9k cheapest so far I have found
babysiew
post Jul 20 2017, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jul 20 2017, 12:50 PM)
try travelrecommends portable wifi...

btw london is not a country...
have u use travel recommends portable wifi for Europe before? Good?
lyc1982
post Jul 20 2017, 04:40 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jul 20 2017, 04:35 PM)
have u use travel recommends portable wifi for Europe before? Good?
i used it in uk...sweden...holland...france...swiss...czech...austria...
so far so good
babysiew
post Jul 20 2017, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jul 20 2017, 04:40 PM)
i used it in uk...sweden...holland...france...swiss...czech...austria...
so far so good
i just checked, rm660 for 21 days... haha not bad actually
lyc1982
post Jul 20 2017, 04:55 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jul 20 2017, 04:43 PM)
not bad...unlimited data with sharing up to 5 devices
babysiew
post Jul 20 2017, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jul 20 2017, 04:55 PM)
not bad...unlimited data with sharing up to 5 devices
only 2 devices hahaha but ok la... better than use DIGI roaming
Janevdb
post Jul 20 2017, 09:16 PM

9 posts

anyone know what can do during winter time in Netherlands? A must go place?
digitalz
post Jul 22 2017, 09:18 AM

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
2,030 posts

QUOTE(Janevdb @ Jul 20 2017, 02:16 PM)
Amsterdam or where?
avantasia
post Jul 22 2017, 07:26 PM

a while in dreamland!!!
2,827 posts

QUOTE(Janevdb @ Jul 20 2017, 09:16 PM)
I prefer Den Haag and Rotterdam.
doinkz_gaara
post Jul 22 2017, 11:57 PM

Too fast to live, too young to die
2,381 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jul 20 2017, 04:43 PM)
Use a local sim when I was there, only 20pounds for a month's worth of unlimited data by Three.
http://www.cheechingy.com/2016/02/9-money-...e-going-on.html
OhNooy
post Jul 24 2017, 12:37 PM

Regular
1,133 posts

Understood that most people here are traveling yourself, and not following travel agents. However, as my parents plan to go Europe next year, any recommended travel agencies specialized in organizing Europe trip? Any experience (good/bad) to share?

198 Pages « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0240sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:29 PM