Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

War40K: Dawn of War Winter Assault / Dark Crusade, Official Dawn of War Msia Thread (RTS)V3

views

TheNameX
post Jan 26 2007, 08:35 AM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

Woo... new thread.... I was like WTF early in the morning when I saw the little red cross on our v2 thread.

It's friday lalala it's Friday....
TheNameX
post Jan 26 2007, 05:27 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

*yawn* The Chaos Lord is tired..... I think Chaos is far worse than you both, as no pro who are willing to play them into higher level. No matter how worse is SM or Orks, you got pro who still loyal to them.
TheNameX
post Jan 26 2007, 08:28 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(johnnycp @ Jan 26 2007, 07:30 PM)
Servant's Chaos account is in Top10
Dragoon is in Top20
and they are more Chaos..

Why?? PSM and Obliterator rush = GG
Servant is not chaos player. He is jack of all trade. He even posted himself stating he dont have a main race. Dragooon is the only "slightly" noticeable player. But his skill compare to the other, I seriously doubt it.
TheNameX
post Jan 27 2007, 09:59 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

Chaos Lord is sick tonight hence no going to leave Eye of Terror. So, who wanna pawn a sick CL add me in xfire or MSN. xfire is my nick under my avatar and you can look into my profile for MSN.
TheNameX
post Jan 28 2007, 12:53 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(RtP|DEV @ Jan 28 2007, 10:02 AM)
After 11 match, i won my first. rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
It seems like you didnt get the track of the game yet. It's better to take a lesson or two with some of us here so we could guide you the basic in multiplayer so you need not to always bang the wall in auto.

Thanks for the report guys, so I guess I'll be heading to IT mall to grab a better mouse for my home use and for the tourney. Btw, how about the other hardware like keyboard and speaker ??

TheNameX
post Jan 28 2007, 02:25 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

Post this replay just to show off I can play GS, even though with 400++ ms ping tongue.gif

Attached File  2P_FALLEN_CITY.2007_01_28.14_04_22.zip ( 119.26k ) Number of downloads: 26

A 12 minutes chaos mirror in FC. For the first time I failed to recognize which is my zerkers LOL~
TheNameX
post Jan 28 2007, 05:10 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(nles @ Jan 28 2007, 04:52 PM)
Well just get a everglide titan which cost around RM45 from the forum.
I always accidently hold alt button, how do I get back the default view?

They're pc a bit jerking maybe because they using the harddisk-less system. Just my guess.
Backspace will give you back default camera view.

This post has been edited by TheNameX: Jan 28 2007, 05:11 PM
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 12:06 AM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

I just played an auto which could influence my passion towards DC, my opponent is as below,

user posted image

Attached File  2P_SHRINE_OF_EXCELLION.2007_01_28.23_30_59.zip ( 121.66k ) Number of downloads: 13

It's a 17 minutes game in SoE, if you just want to watch a good game or learn something, dont watch it. It's a boring replay where both of us competing to each other how fast we could tech and have our battle on tier3 (if crysis suit tier3 or 4 ?) I played a couple of games these two days, this Tau is the second 1300+ I met (first one is necron is really play proper match as no poopie lame DS FO killed off production buildings, a really GG with him). Really disappointed on how it goes when it comes to playing at higher level, it's all about tech and tech... Nobody give a damn to early harass or early skirmish anymore. I started to hate this game now... might quit after the tourney.
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 09:11 AM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(johnnycp @ Jan 29 2007, 12:49 AM)
It depends on what race u are on.. SM and chaos cannot be detech easily at tier1 and tier2 so they prefer rush to tier2 and tier3.. for orks.. u need something that can hold ur banners otherwise it is GG.. Some of the pro players still prefer abit tier1 fight and more tier2 fight.. both struggling of bad econ and end up both of them get tier3 slower.. Fast teching isnt a big problem if the power differences of each tier units isnt that much.. Now the case is, tier2 > everything tier1. Tier3 > everything Tier2.. Tier4 > everything tier3.. basically u dont need mass tacs marines to win a game.. spamming higher tier units like obliterator, PSM, Predator will win the game easily. For SM is GK,Dynamic Trio, WW, Termies, LR. So i would say this is a bad idea, let see how Relic balance out the units for each tier in next patch
Let's just hope so.

QUOTE(RtP|DEV @ Jan 29 2007, 12:57 AM)
I play IG because i like them.I watched lots of DAS_CAPN & StefanHaines replay.
They inspire me a lot.

I just won 2 consecutive auto game.Both of my opponents are orks.
If my opponent is SM, i usually last for 20 min bfore i lost.
If Tau & Necron, i dont stand a chance.gg in less than 7 min.
Ah.... we have another IG player. Indeed, both of them are IG pro, but I guess you wont find StefanHaines replay anymore. I would suggest you watch all das_capn replays, especially those that are not posted by himself. (from what I heard he's quite an ego poster which only post the replay he won)

QUOTE(redeye84 @ Jan 29 2007, 01:09 AM)
Tired of Imba and bugs of Relic? Wish u can relive the days of DOW where its balance?

Have no fear DOWPRO here..

DOWPRO is a mod where the complexity of the Vanila DOW mix with essences of WA/ DC(comming soon). for a well balance RTS.

Anyway you are free to join me on playing COH..

Darklight and Equilibrium you guys gonna join the 2nd tourney?? King Kong is waiting...

Anyway King Kong inform me that he only receive 13 application so far so guys hurry and register. The Inqusistor is lossing his patients.

Btw King Kong Ravana said he already send a email and you didnt reply back yet.
Nah... I will never commit myself to mod. It's just a waste of time as certainly there wont be any competition build upon it, at least not the official one.

CoH ?? Spare me from it please. I hate its multiplayer gameplay, slow like snail. I be bored to dead before the sniper walk to the base of my opponent.

Equi said he's not joining. No time to practise for him though.

QUOTE(heaven @ Jan 29 2007, 01:26 AM)
Remember, there is no such thing as absolute balance, only certain degrees of imba.
But I'm not talking imba here. Am discussing on the speed of teching.

QUOTE(Waba @ Jan 29 2007, 01:34 AM)
I dont see any problem with the game... actually it goes according to the design.

You fight in tier one -> Win
You econ >> him in Tier 2
At the long stalement he tier to Tier 4 and come out imba unit then u crushed him because you had the massive econ -> You win

In fact you just showed him the fact about high level play -- hard tech = death

But yes... this bugger style of play is boring... thats why even with 220 games he  is still not even 1400+. No, he is not a high level player, he plays it just like a MMO grinder.

user posted image
See? Even noobs like me can go 1400+ with just 67 games
@Redeye
No, DOW pro wont work, seriously. because there is no official ladder for scores, so no ego involved.

Yes yes, lets hope the patch will slow down the tech speed a bit.
Thanks waba. At least I feel a bit comfortable with your comments now and I guess what you said is true, this guy is no where to high level play after all. The teching speed is really an issue, there's even a poll in dowsanc which started by xerxes asking opinion of nerfing the speed of tech, and more than 60% vote go to "yes, please slow down tech speed". Hope to meet up with 1400 ~ 1500 players this week which give me confidence on this game again. Get bored of pawning noobs. Remind me of the 1300+ necron I beat few days ago. So, what johnny said is true, at 1300 you still can find 1300 noob.

LOL you noob ?? Then what are we ?? Me worse, 30 games can get 1300 liao LOL, lagi noob. Let's see if I could hit 1400 by this week.

After this tourney or when my chaos account reach the top100, I think I will change race, am really seriously considering it. Reason is, I started to believe on what Servant said, Tau, Chaos and Eldar are really no skill race. Follow the strat, and it's just a free win button. I might switch to those races that suffered since DC like IG, SM or Orks. But it will depends on how's the next patch going, though.

Btw, waba, you have any comment for me on the replay ??

QUOTE(heaven @ Jan 29 2007, 01:37 AM)
Then the imbaness issue will pass on to the player, which you guys say imba players, then there is also the issue of map design, PC hardware etc.
I would say it comes back to the understanding of the player towards their race which be the winning factor. Like the latest F2F, foree vs servant, servant lost in SM mirror.

QUOTE(Waba @ Jan 29 2007, 01:47 AM)
13 registration... seriously though, the location itself could be a real problem.
No car = no match for most people.  Going there itself is like a pilgrim.
Indeed and I think I mentioned earlier in my posts that the location is killing those without rhino.

QUOTE(GuyOsiris @ Jan 29 2007, 01:49 AM)
well... de thing is still on rite.... so wat time r we going 2 meet up guys??
On or not, that will depends on our inquisitor.

QUOTE(redeye84 @ Jan 29 2007, 04:24 AM)
Sure why not we got plenty of empty seats.

Yeah close to it considering the traffic..

Oh btw Waba did raise a point when 1 vs 1 him just now.

When iam gone who gonna pick up johnny?? Hunt? Soul?
Hmm... this, gotta discuss though.

This post has been edited by TheNameX: Jan 29 2007, 09:12 AM
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 11:03 AM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(Waba @ Jan 29 2007, 10:03 AM)
I dont understand why your CL go CC the Cadre HQ instead of TC instead, you cant be seriouly thinking of taking down the place with an axe  tongue.gif

Issue on TC: note that TC dont have the "fall and pok kai on the ground animation" he will just fall back and "semi-kneel" when he is suppose to fall. By this time all targeting on him will be lost so Heroes like BM need to constantly keep an eye on him for due to attack animation targeting will lost from time to time. Now the good news, without jump jet and snare trap even BM owns TC.
Yea... the thing that I dont like about DoW is that, whenever your unit target fall due to AOE animation, their target is refresh. It really take extra micro just to re-aim the target again. Not just the cadre HQ, same goes when I ordered my CL to take down the builder, I have to reissue the order like 3 times to the CL to take down that builder. Cant they just code it so that they will chase the target to death before they refresh the target ??

Any other things else ??
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 01:53 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

user posted image

This mapping itself shows imbaness !!

From smurf to pro, the player should be represented from tier0 unit -> tier4 unit.

SM: ASM come after apo and sergeant ?? wth... and SM is the only race with tier3 unit at 1400 ranking. And who is that one eye dude ?? Inquisitor is not even exist in multiplayer , what the hell that guy is doing up there ??

Eldar: FD > WS ... wth -___-

Chaos: Horror should come before zerkers as horror is tier2.5 while zerkers is tier2. And, obli > all including sorc and CL wahahahahhahahahaha

Orks: A total mess, stormboyz and TB before dok & leader @@

IG: Kaskrin > all including kaskrin sergeant LOL

Tau & Necron: New races are arrange in a proper manner, thus, they are imba to the max !!

TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 03:14 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

FTZ TRAINING SPREE #2

Purpose: Shed blood, make all bow to Khorne
Venue: The cursed battlefield FTZ
Date: The next 2 sunrise or the next 3 sunrise
Time: Waiting feedback from the other races

So what do you say huh ??

This post has been edited by TheNameX: Jan 29 2007, 03:54 PM
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 04:20 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(H@H@ @ Jan 29 2007, 04:07 PM)
I phail at Chinese... sad.gif

Anyway, if either Sanction or I go, we'll be bringing a car biggrin.gif
Where's your other battle brother ?? Two dates for you guys to think about it, Wed or Thu ??
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 04:38 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(johnnycp @ Jan 29 2007, 04:34 PM)
Negative, wednesday is holiday??? i got class though
Wednesday sure at night lar, doh... hate talking to brainless Mork tongue.gif
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 05:07 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

QUOTE(fujkenasai @ Jan 29 2007, 05:04 PM)
Id vote Wednesday cos people can sleep late the next day.
Are you coming ?? If no, please dont vote sweat.gif

I think wed is sweet, near for me and it's good for hunt to have it in night. (I never see Hunt show up in the day time except for the tournament tongue.gif)
TheNameX
post Jan 29 2007, 11:08 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

Where's Hunt anyway ?? I think just left answer from him, others cool with Wed night ?? How about GS and H@H@ gang ??
TheNameX
post Jan 30 2007, 09:19 AM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

Training Spree #2

Purpose: Shed blood in the name of Khorne
Venue: Highland of FTZ Battleground
Date & Time: The next 2 sunsets

Headcount:

1. Commander Pure-redeye
2. H@H@ the unknown
3. Primarch Waba
4. Chapter Sanction
5. Heaven the Necron Lord
6. General Osiris
7. G Spec the Pariah
8. 5ouLBuRneR the Chaos Lord

TBC list:

1. Hunt the Warlord
2. Fujkenasai the Pariah
3. Chapter Dark Frye
4. ????

This post has been edited by TheNameX: Jan 30 2007, 05:47 PM
TheNameX
post Jan 30 2007, 05:50 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

The announcement post has been updated.
TheNameX
post Jan 31 2007, 02:21 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

Alright, so I'll see you guys there about 8pm. Guess I will be there earlier as my last appointment is near there.

Edit: I just hope that KK wont put us together with ravana in the segregation of the tourney -____-

This post has been edited by TheNameX: Jan 31 2007, 02:41 PM
TheNameX
post Jan 31 2007, 05:49 PM

I'm Just Notty =P
910 posts

I'm here already, at the PC 208. Since nobody is here yet, I have to submit to the heresy tongue.gif

17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0466sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 11th April 2024 - 05:16 AM