Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

CF Hood, Paint in CF hood can be removed?

views

TSThe Red Giant Warrior
post Aug 27 2016, 09:34 PM, updated 8y ago

13 posts

Guys, 2 months ago I've bought a Neo Lotus CF Hood at bargain price. But my ride is a Fire red colour so the Lotus yellow stripes didn't really match my Neo's colour. Somehow it makes my Neo looks so Ah Beng laugh.gif

Is it possible to remove the yellow stripes paint from the hood? I want it to be plain CF only

user posted image
SUSdjtong
post Aug 28 2016, 02:11 AM

Getting Started
109 posts

QUOTE(The Red Giant Warrior @ Aug 27 2016, 09:34 PM)
Guys, 2 months ago I've bought a Neo Lotus CF Hood at bargain price. But my ride is a Fire red colour so the Lotus yellow stripes didn't really match my Neo's colour. Somehow it makes my Neo looks so Ah Beng  laugh.gif

Is it possible to remove the yellow stripes paint from the hood? I want it to be plain CF only

user posted image
Kinda hard, you'll have to scrape it off manually. I wouldn't use any solvent or thinner for fear of destroying the epoxy holding the CF together. I expect some light sandpaper would give you the best results. If the yellow is below the clear coat then more difficult/not worth it in my opinion. Have you considered painting over it to the color of your car?
GalaxiasWilliam
post Aug 28 2016, 08:15 AM

27 posts

Troll comment: just rewrap the CF hood in CF vinyl laugh.gif

If you bought the CF hood for function over form, you can do what thisisalamp did with his MX-5. Just fix whatever damage is on it , then rewrap in black vinyl. If you really want the real CF to show through, slowly sand the stripe in an inconspicuous place and see whether it's on top of the clear coat, or beneath it. Would just dictate whether you have to clear coat the whole bonnet or just clear coat the stripe area. Orrrrr you could just paint over it/ vinyl over it whistling.gif
THE CLASS OF 13
post Aug 28 2016, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

send for water transfer
lsm1991
post Aug 28 2016, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

the hood, being black as is, is already ahbengish.... u want function over form, paint the hood red, the color of your car (ofc you do add alittle weightlah)
TSThe Red Giant Warrior
post Aug 28 2016, 02:06 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(djtong @ Aug 28 2016, 02:11 AM)
Kinda hard, you'll have to scrape it off manually. I wouldn't use any solvent or thinner for fear of destroying the epoxy holding the CF together. I expect some light sandpaper would give you the best results. If the yellow is below the clear coat then more difficult/not worth it in my opinion. Have you considered painting over it to the color of your car?
The paint is on top of clear coat. Well I did considered painting the stripes red but I rather have it to be stripe-less

QUOTE(GalaxiasWilliam @ Aug 28 2016, 08:15 AM)
Troll comment: just rewrap the CF hood in CF vinyl laugh.gif

If you bought the CF hood for function over form, you can do what thisisalamp did with his MX-5. Just fix whatever damage is on it , then rewrap in black vinyl. If you really want the real CF to show through, slowly sand the stripe in an inconspicuous place and see whether it's on top of the clear coat, or beneath it. Would just dictate whether you have to clear coat the whole bonnet or just clear coat the stripe area. Orrrrr you could just paint over it/ vinyl over it whistling.gif
Great advice thumbsup.gif

QUOTE(THE CLASS OF 13 @ Aug 28 2016, 11:49 AM)
send for water transfer
How reliable is Water transfer? hmm.gif

QUOTE(lsm1991 @ Aug 28 2016, 12:02 PM)
the hood, being black as is, is already ahbengish.... u want function over form, paint the hood red, the color of your car (ofc you do add alittle weightlah)
Who would have thought that my Neo would become so ah beng laugh.gif This is all because of Initial D laugh.gif just marathon the series and got influenced by it.

GalaxiasWilliam
post Aug 28 2016, 02:37 PM

27 posts

Just send to any body paint shop, probably 100-300 for this, not entirely sure. Or you could DIY with like RM50 worth of materials
CyberSundayz
post Aug 28 2016, 09:40 PM

★★★★★★★★★
1,837 posts

nice hood boss thumbsup.gif
TSThe Red Giant Warrior
post Aug 29 2016, 04:14 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(GalaxiasWilliam @ Aug 28 2016, 02:37 PM)
Just send to any body paint shop, probably 100-300 for this, not entirely sure. Or you could DIY with like RM50 worth of materials
Dun have balls to DIY sweat.gif Maybe I'll ask a paint shop smile.gif

QUOTE(CyberSundayz @ Aug 28 2016, 09:40 PM)
nice hood boss thumbsup.gif
Thanks. Got it at bargain price so spend first regret later rules applied here laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:33 PM