Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Can Nepali apply to study in Malaysia?, Preference in Penang

views

TSbrightjoey
post Aug 26 2016, 07:08 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
231 posts

I have a Nepali colleague who wants to send his son to Malaysia to persue his study in IT. His son is 19 years old, just finish high school, and is currently waiting for his results. I have no idea on how to go about it, and have so many questions regarding this. We have so many good advice here on how to go to US/UK/AU, but what if foreigners would like to study here? I'm hoping the community here would provide some advice.

What are some requirements for him to apply over here? (eg: high school cert, A-levels?)
What are the procedures for him to apply for some of the colleges/universities in Malaysia? (embassy? or letter of admission from college?)
What universities would consider his application? (KDU? , Disted?) thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by brightjoey: Aug 26 2016, 07:09 PM
Eudaimonia
post Aug 26 2016, 07:35 PM

39 posts

Requirements:

It depends on the university itself. Most of international/foreign university will accept A-level, IB, SAM, AUSMAT and EUC. Other than that, it will be case-by-case basis. For a non-English speaking country, IELTS will be a must. Check out the requirements from the university website itself as it depends on the university and course.

Procedures:

VISA and stuff. Do research on this. If you check any university website which you want to enroll to, it is normally stated under international application.

Alot of international/foreign university accept international applicants. Even public university accept international students but you need to check on their website regarding requirements and procedures.
azarimy
post Aug 26 2016, 08:10 PM

mister architect: the arrogant pr*ck
Group Icon
Elite
10,668 posts

my advice is to go for international pre-uni certs like A-levels. for foreign students in malaysia, A-levels opens just about every door available. so go for it.
sea456hee
post Aug 27 2016, 03:56 AM

Getting Started
89 posts

Procedure/ requirements varies depend on U and courses. He may start to search for a suitable course and the U will be able to provide course requirement & enrolment info. Also, his choice of U may depend on his budget as well.
If he gets accepted into U, the U will take charge of the visa application from A-Z. The last time I heard, they must come with "calling visa", which means they must be in their homeland country to apply for single entry visa via our embassy oversea, then the U will take charge to convert the single entry visa to student visa once the student is here. You don't need to worry on this part, as the U will take charge of EVERYTHING.
You may surprise we have a lot foreigner in local ' private U.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:36 PM