Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grabgas give tipu stats & cheat their CTO?, Some startups are run so unprofessionall

views

ynot
post Aug 27 2016, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

I agreed, tech is a little under appreciated in Malaysia or in SEA as a whole.

I am an entrepreneur with 2 successful non tech business. 2 months ago I've came up with a new tech startup idea. Had the proposal done, even a initial website is up (which I developed using WIX myself) alongside with the process flow chart.

While looking for tech to join in as co-founder instead of salaried developer as they are the main "drive" for the "idea". I've spoken to 3 tech but their submission isn't up to par as expected.

So ya, a good tech who share your vision is hard to come by and unfortunately without a good tech, my business plan remain just an idea. It's just risky to hired a one for the job.

For a tech startup, the "tech" HAVE to be the co-founder. Period.

As for Grabgas, the business idea itself isn't that promising at all. Flaws in every way. They have little understanding of SEA/Malaysia home gas system and cultures. I wont be surprise if the 200 nr of client who ordered is actually, friends and families..... Just some tester.
ynot
post Aug 27 2016, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Aug 27 2016, 08:37 PM)
this.

as mentioned, Singapore has already shifted to piped gas.

and Malaysia was also heading that way hence that's why you see a lot of those 'gas malaysia' signage at the roadsides.

but then they cancelled the consumer market due to safety issues, so now only commercial (aka industrial) ppl use piped gas in Malaysia...
It wont sustain anyway. There is no projection of revenue's. Whole concept is purely base on a dream to revolutionize gas delivery whereby there is no actual demand for such services.

Even we put aside pipe gas in most neighboring country, the traditional way is much faster and convenient. If I were to tell my wife, ill order our gas online....she just come back to me with "why don't you just call Ah Huat?" We know the exact charges, we don't have to register (meaning no information's for sale). Absolutely no reason to go via web base or apps for this. Almost absolute that every neighborhood have a number for that. That's the first thing your neighbors would share everywhere you move to. Most older generation would not be bothered by this. Especially those who use the kitchen the most like our parent and I am certain 99% of housewife have their gas delivery stick on their fridge.

You might get some youngster who want to get a little glam and try the system once or twice.

They can't opt for a margin as it would be stupid for ppl to order online and get charge higher. Can't ask for commission as home gas have a very minimal profit margin to be shared among the parties. So revenues would have to probably comes from apps or web advertisements, but then it will not be sustainable as ppl don't visit your site or use your apps on hourly/daily basis, hence no massive traffic to be generated. This is once a few months kind of order. Else would be selling data for advertiser but then its tricky now with PDPA.

So how do Digi sees the potential is way beyond me. I might have much to learn still I guess.

ynot
post Aug 27 2016, 11:23 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Aug 27 2016, 10:22 PM)
digi certifiedapps ?  everybody want to create store  nowdays
Well, am a little noob when it comes to tech company. Not too sure how does that generates revenue smile.gif
So let me get this straight. As long as your apps is certified by DIGI, you get paid millions? or your company became millions in values?
Where does the revenues came from?

QUOTE(wingwp @ Aug 27 2016, 10:38 PM)
well, we can think further

beside of targeting normal users, u can start working together with gas delivery lorries/companies

they delivery in more quantities to regular customers as well as selling ad hoc

the app can work like a myteksi app, deliver upon gas request

startup can talk to high/more frequent order customers like restaurants to use the app

gas supplier can leverage the intelligence to manage their customers more efficiently like early notification before delivery, estimate next order interval when gas suppose to running low in next 7 days etc~

to educate the users is another story.. but hey most taxi drivers are using the myteksi/grabtaxi app flawlessly~
Why would gas companies or deliveries company want to squeeze you in for an unnecessary cut when they already delivery to their regular? Every household who uses gas stove already get their gas from someone. Meaning gas supplier and client connection has already been established.

As for restaurant, their gas is using a different system. Plus, you don't have to look. gas supplier approach you. The network already in place after that one time. Even they didn't approach you, you only need to look for the supplier in your area once. Ordering every time you run out via apps is a little stupid no? "apology for my word". In addition to that, the pricing is completely different, depending on your usage and you can pre-arrange your order, you can do so much more and there are marginal discount. It is already direct deal with supplier with restaurants. Why would a restaurant suddenly want to install apps and order them via the internet? There are no flexibility at all.

Just to joke around la, if Streamyx down how? or new year eve Digi suddenly all line busy? rclxs0.gif

Why you want to use apps to order gas when a phone call away ONLY ONCE every 2-3 month conveniently get you your 24 rm gas delivered by your trusted delivery guy? or for restaurant, where delivery can be automated base on your regular usage.

Imagine if we have a cab driver has been driving us all along that we can call him and will be available every single time with a reasonable charges. Would you use Uber or Grabcar at all?

I am not sure how this work, but from my observation....there are a big gap in differences when it comes to myteksi and etc.
Especially on user part.

1st, we use them regulary, some people almost daily. The demand is very very very high. Keyword, frequency.
2nd, there is no designated teksi for us and we can't keep dozens of number and call each of them everytime we need them.
3rd, there is a problem with our teksi system, it is ridiculously inconvenient and much hassle to get one, especially in residential area.
4th, the all well known attitude and charging issue.
.....etc and such.

hence grabcar/uber/myteksi work. My humble opinion.

I really not sure how Grabgas work from investor point of view but I really interested to learn how these tech work around for revenues thumbsup.gif so much interesting going on that I wish I've known and learn from.

ynot
post Aug 28 2016, 10:31 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Aug 28 2016, 10:17 AM)
If I was selling gas, I'd love to know who was buying competitor's gas, so I can get them to switch to my gas instead smile.gif if I was a sundry shop owner, I'd want to know who they were ordering gas from, and why they weren't ordering it from me.
In a general business sense yes. But exceptional for home gas. You know, because if they are not your customer then they belong to your competitors since 90% home is a clients.

There is only two reason why ppl are not buying from you. Price and delivery time. However, i am not sure overall but I believe most that gas supplier in Malaysia is mostly territorial.

The thing is that there are no problem as home gas is pretty straight forward business.
ynot
post Aug 28 2016, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Aug 28 2016, 10:18 AM)
Petron wants to know who is not ordering Petron gas, and why smile.gif
Well since its just gas, there is not much of a why isn't it? You think petron gas cooks better than Petronas gas?

QUOTE(wodenus @ Aug 28 2016, 10:19 AM)
This too. People who buy gas.. buy it for cooking. This means they buy food, and cooking oil. This means you can sell that stuff to them smile.gif
I believe there is a reason why Tesco apps isn't that popular.
ynot
post Sep 2 2016, 07:02 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Sep 2 2016, 06:09 PM)
You forget.. imagine I am old, can't drive. Live alone. Still have to get gas. Want to call gas guy? old already can't see well, can't hear well. Want to call who.

Now I have an app.. I just start the app.. tap a few buttons. Can't see also can hold the phone close to face. Then I get gas, guy arrives and sets up everything, then leaves. I get gas.
Every one who is old enough has been using Ah Huat gas sundry half their life. Ah Huat even know where is your shoes rack is.

You ever actually ordered gas before? You even cook bro? Ah Huat came, Ah Huat set it up, Ah Huat help you take the old tank back, you pay Ah Huat.

Maybe you don't have small change, Ah Huat say.. Next time la... Nvm.

Let me give you some business idea.
It makes much more sense if your apps actually call for plumber, a roof repair, electrician and etc instead.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.16    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:35 AM