Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Grabgas give tipu stats & cheat their CTO?, Some startups are run so unprofessionall

mekboyz
post Aug 27 2016, 12:40 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(budakdegilz @ Aug 26 2016, 07:09 PM)
kekekeke...
you can earn big but not deceiving other pipul also

more from other news media
https://www.techinasia.com/cto-quits-startu...ch-team-screwed

let make it viral  rclxm9.gif

user posted image
Why all Chinese?
delon85
post Aug 27 2016, 12:46 AM

Ad Astra
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(mekboyz @ Aug 27 2016, 12:40 AM)
Why all Chinese?
Asking the real questions.
andrealiew
post Aug 27 2016, 12:52 AM

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Aug 26 2016, 10:45 PM)
actually i see opposite thing in the article, that tech guy doesn't come in as CO-founder state, he coming in as early employee, so 10% stage is really good offer which he refuse (or i miss anything).

find a good biz partner with this attitude ? i don't think so, he not only ruining grabgas but he ruin him self too ....... with his ability n knowledge in biz, a simple dilution strategy will make him nothing in very short time ....
so u think having a startup wif no tech guy as one of ur founders n hold some shares is a good thing??

none of the 3 founders hav any technical ability n they r just milking n enslaving dat tech guy to work for them for nothing, not even salary, n only when the tech guy mentioned about his equity that the founders decide to give him a pity 10%

for his work n effort n importance to the team, he shuld deserve at least 25%, he is the one doing everything from the apps to the website to the servers etc

if they dont want to give him equity then pay him the price for the tech which he quoted for at least 60k, but they too refuse to pay that money to him
andrealiew
post Aug 27 2016, 12:53 AM

QUOTE(maxsullivan69 @ Aug 27 2016, 12:34 AM)
definitly one sided story

somehow remember bout paul allen gettin fucked by bill gates story

bill gates so smart.........why need paul allen first place.........he do all himslef........it just ruinin frenship

poor guy.............he may be think he was promised 25% sgare or sumthin in company.......turnout,not even salaried get pay for all coding hes done
the problem is those 3 founders is not bill gates, they cant even code a simple line of code, how u expect them to do the whole damn thing??
delon85
post Aug 27 2016, 12:54 AM

Ad Astra

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Aug 26 2016, 10:45 PM)
actually i see opposite thing in the article, that tech guy doesn't come in as CO-founder state, he coming in as early employee, so 10% stage is really good offer which he refuse (or i miss anything).

find a good biz partner with this attitude ? i don't think so, he not only ruining grabgas but he ruin him self too ....... with his ability n knowledge in biz, a simple dilution strategy will make him nothing in very short time ....
10% vested over 3 years for the work that he put in is basically just "fuck you" in his face.
delon85
post Aug 27 2016, 12:55 AM

Ad Astra

QUOTE(andrealiew @ Aug 27 2016, 12:53 AM)
the problem is those 3 founders is not bill gates, they cant even code a simple line of code, how u expect them to do the whole damn thing??
To be honest, it is okay if you dont know how to code.
You just need to compensate another person to do it or outsource it altogether.
But they did the worst thing they can do, which is to treat the person who can code poorly.
Faidzal
post Aug 27 2016, 01:07 AM

Getting Started

grabgas won't work in Singapore, as they use piped gas.

and I agree with the rest here, usually your local grocery store will have a contact no. for gas delivery service.

and petronas used to heavily promote their petronas gas service, but funnily enough they advertise it at their petrol stations of which NONE of the petrol station s provide the actual gas delivery service...
andrealiew
post Aug 27 2016, 01:13 AM

QUOTE(delon85 @ Aug 27 2016, 12:55 AM)
To be honest, it is okay if you dont know how to code.
You just need to compensate another person to do it or outsource it altogether.
But they did the worst thing they can do, which is to treat the person who can code poorly.
yeah they can outsource it or something, but no developer will be dumb enuf to work in a startup wif 2k salary n no equity, so even if they can outsource, they cannot find quality ones, mayb fresh grad still can tipu la, but experienced ones surely wont do it, or they can find software house to do it for them, which will definitely cost them a bomb n they cant afford that

so for every startup, its better to hav a tech guy as one of the founders or having some equity, cos like dis the tech guy will give 110% effort towards the startup n wont think that he is an 'employee'
LegendLee
post Aug 27 2016, 01:18 AM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Group: Elite

How successful grabgas can be... Well I don't think it can be that great as we seem to be doing fine with what we have (calling a sundry shop number for gas or even googling it might work)

That said, I did check out the website Julian designed and it was really good. The GUI was very polished and it felt that it was something "legit". He did a very good job.

Well, on the bright side.... At least he didn't stay much longer.. After this fiasco. Grabgas as a startup is doomed to fail now haha.
lifeofkuli
post Aug 27 2016, 01:32 AM

I pity the person from Digi who approved this shitty project....

Mesti kena fired la weiiii
nintendo86
post Aug 27 2016, 01:32 AM

What really wtfcking me is why digi so stupid one choose to fund this bs idea..
lifeofkuli
post Aug 27 2016, 01:33 AM

QUOTE(LegendLee @ Aug 27 2016, 01:18 AM)
How successful grabgas can be... Well I don't think it can be that great as we seem to be doing fine with what we have (calling a sundry shop number for gas or even googling it might work)

That said, I did check out the website Julian designed and it was really good. The GUI was very polished and it felt that it was something "legit". He did a very good job.

Well, on the bright side.... At least he didn't stay much longer.. After this fiasco. Grabgas as a startup is doomed to fail now haha.
Mind to share thr link of GUI ?didn't found it
SonnyCooL
post Aug 27 2016, 01:48 AM

Web Bastard

QUOTE(andrealiew @ Aug 27 2016, 12:52 AM)
so u think having a startup wif no tech guy as one of ur founders n hold some shares is a good thing??

none of the 3 founders hav any technical ability n they r just milking n enslaving dat tech guy to work for them for nothing, not even salary, n only when the tech guy mentioned about his equity that the founders decide to give him a pity 10%

for his work n effort n importance to the team, he shuld deserve at least 25%, he is the one doing everything from the apps to the website to the servers etc

if they dont want to give him equity then pay him the price for the tech which he quoted for at least 60k, but they too refuse to pay that money to him
as it said: he not founder, just early stage employee after seed round, 10% is too little? pls calculate the value of company after digi come in..... presume digi holding 2.5% for 250k or should be lower ....

early this year (march), i put a trust on one coder for my new startup, as initial stage we agree on 3%, when he nearly complete his project (July) , he come back and request 30% else he quit with his skill and tech.......
guess which word i use to end that negotiotion ?
In august, new journey start with 1.5m, 9% seed.
End of august we grab 20% of the market with >15% daily grow and PE grow 24X in less than 30day, he know what we doing in the first stage, but he just too greedy and over confidence on his TECH skill over biz.
No doubt IT/Technology stand on a good ground, but without biz, tech is totally nothing ...

and just look at /k comment, how many of them seeing that big picture.

This post has been edited by SonnyCooL: Aug 27 2016, 01:50 AM
skyuo23
post Aug 27 2016, 02:02 AM

QUOTE(LegendLee @ Aug 27 2016, 01:18 AM)

what is the url?
skyuo23
post Aug 27 2016, 02:06 AM

user posted image

The site looks shitty
azhan82
post Aug 27 2016, 02:19 AM

Getting Started

6 people... all different department... Lol...
Lol again..
Tech Start-up should always have more than 2 code developers..
even zuckerberg had more than 2....

Jeson Lee is Kawaiii wub.gif

This post has been edited by azhan82: Aug 27 2016, 02:19 AM
ZuloPhobia
post Aug 27 2016, 02:30 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(skyuo23 @ Aug 27 2016, 02:06 AM)
user posted image

The site looks shitty
i wouldnt say it was shitty, its more like "it works"
the design is simple, straightforward and clean

but it was definitely not "Great", any half-assed Wordpress developer could curn out something similar.

imho, 6 people for a startup seems abit too much, especially a startup that doesnt have reliable product released
tohff7
post Aug 27 2016, 02:48 AM

On my way

It's all about presentation + blow water skill.
nasiputih
post Aug 27 2016, 04:50 AM

QUOTE(DarkAeon @ Aug 26 2016, 10:37 PM)
they replied somewhat:

https://www.facebook.com/grabgas/

Dear GrabGas-ers,
There has been a blog post going viral and we know that a lot of people are concerned by it.
We have had some challenges in coming to an agreement in our negotiations with Julian, and we hope to continue dialogue to find a solution if Julian is agreeable.
The issue at hand is a matter between GrabGas and Julian, where all other parties mentioned or implied in the blogpost played no part in this issue.
We would like to assure our customers that business continues as usual. Today, you can continue ordering gas on our Facebook page, and by mid-September we will introduce our web ordering platform as well as our drivers’ app. We hope this addresses your concerns. For any inquiries on our business, please reach us at seanhoo@grabgas.com .
- Sincerely from GrabGas Team
Julian EE produced a working website, CMS and driver app in 4 months (120days). He asked for RM60K for it.
you plan to have the same package in 20days. You will need to pay RM360K for the same quality.
At this stage, Julian's asking price should be RM120K in non-sequential RM10 ringgit bills, with RM60K sent to JoiceChin family. RIP.
garywind
post Aug 27 2016, 05:30 AM

Sohai biz idea....
I guarantee this biz would not work and this is con man story to ask ppl money

10 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0795sec    6.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th June 2018 - 05:14 PM