Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official Fujifilm X-Series Premium Cameras V6

views

blstz
post Sep 1 2016, 08:18 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

hello! does anybody know how to get the "Base" setting back?

I keep rotating my back command wheel but it keeps shuffling between C1 - C7 only.

I remember the first time I enter into the Q menu, i see "BASE".

Read the manual few times still catch no ball. It says Base: No custom settings bank selected. Can I deselect any custom setting? unsure.gif blush.gif

user posted image
blstz
post Sep 1 2016, 04:24 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(gavingoh @ Sep 1 2016, 03:23 PM)
I can't get BASE too, only C1 hmm.gif
So normally it will be BASE C(1-7)?
blstz
post Sep 2 2016, 01:25 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(kelvinling @ Sep 1 2016, 08:30 PM)
Try reset. Press menu - > setting 1 - > reset - > shooting menu reset - > ok

See if it will appear or not
Yes. If I reset shooting menu then will become base again. Once I change to C1 - C7 then no more base.

QUOTE(smokey @ Sep 1 2016, 08:43 PM)
Yup only c1 to c7
Once u chosen ur c#, that setting will become ur base
Example u chose c5, that setting will become base (current)
Oh i seee...

Thx guys! biggrin.gif
blstz
post Sep 22 2016, 05:00 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(Like a Bause @ Sep 17 2016, 08:22 PM)
Hi guys..  which shoulder bag do you all use for carrying your Fuji cam? smile.gif
Just want to share my experience. At first I was looking for dedicated camera bag but couldn't find one that I like. Either the compartment design was not suitable or the design not to my taste or too expensive for my budget. In the end, I bought a padded camera insert from taobao. They come in difference sizes with different compartments. So now I just chuck the insert into my existing backpacks/sling bags and it becomes a camera bag. For me, it's more versatile because I get to use different bags and when I don't need to bring my camera, I can take out the insert and it becomes a normal bag again. Also, it is less conspicuous since my bag wont "shout-out" like a camera bag that might be targeted by thieves/muggers. Finally, can save money too because camera bags are usually very expensive. blush.gif

Example
user posted image

user posted image

QUOTE(zaxkong @ Sep 21 2016, 07:49 PM)
Xf27 in Thailand camera fair selling at 685 only, after minus tax not more than 640 new... what a good bargain...
wow really? thats cheap for the pancake. between the 27mm and 35mm f2, i've been using the 27mm more often during my recent trip. really loving the focal length and the compactness. AF aint too bad either in normal lighting. thumbup.gif
blstz
post Sep 22 2016, 09:00 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(zaxkong @ Sep 22 2016, 07:51 PM)
I have 18, 23, 27 and 35 f2. All I love except xf27 (less love), its compactness and sharpness cant persuade me to bring it out coz lack of aperture ring... also the focus ring is too small, so most of the time it sleep in drybox.
ya, the lack of aperture ring is definitely noticeable. in the beginning, i sometimes accidentally bump the rear command dial and did not take note of the aperture changel. doh.gif but I'm getting used to taking note of this problem and always checking the aperture before i take the picture.
blstz
post Oct 4 2016, 12:36 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Sep 30 2016, 04:02 PM)
It is. biggrin.gif I hardly use my flash, less than 5 times since I bought it for more than a year.
Anyway, is Peak Design Leash a good buy? I heartache to spend so much on strap. sweat.gif
im using PD leash. my initial concern was how it looked and whether it "fitted" the retro design of fuji x cameras, especially the material is similar to car seat belt. but happy to say that it goes with the fuji x camera look nicely because it's black. will match your XT1 nicely. i use it most of the time in cross sling setup, got to say it's many times more comfortable than the typical neck strap setup. carry whole day, dont feel any discomfort.

i know PD slide lite has a mechanism for quick adjust but i find adjusting the leash fairly easy and quick too! better than expected. i adjusted many times during the day to fit different situation and took me less than 5 seconds each time.

as for the sliding (moving the camera from hip to eye level), it was very smooth, could even use it nicely with a back pack on. however it gets just a tad harder to slide if i wear a round neck t shirt. as the contact of the leash and sweat + skin increases friction a little, but still very usable.

only con i noticed about the leash is that it is quite slippery to use as a shoulder strap. i guess because the leash is not very wide and doesn't have the silicon strips like the slide lite to stop the strap from sliding off your shoulder.

finally, i also got the PD prodrive screw as i initially planned to attach my camera in a lens down position (by attaching one end to the side lug mount and another to the tripod mount). but this didnt work out for me. the camera did not stay in that position due to the weight of the lens is not substantial enough to hold it in place (lens facing down to the floor). tried with XF27 & XF35 f2 but still it kept going back to an awkward position.

i dont have the slide lite so i cant comment much. although i think the width of slide lite might be a bit too thick for fuji x cameras.

icon_rolleyes.gif
blstz
post Oct 5 2016, 09:01 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Oct 4 2016, 08:57 PM)
blstz, do you mind telling me how wide is the strap for PD Leash? If you have a ruler with exact measurement will be much appreciated. notworthy.gif
strap width is ~1.9cm smile.gif
blstz
post Oct 5 2016, 12:35 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(streme21 @ Oct 5 2016, 11:46 AM)
The price they quote before release was RM7.6k for body only for XT-2 but after the release the price is cheaper than XPro-2  hmm.gif . If it weren't for that quoted price, I would have take a leap for Pre Order the XT2  laugh.gif
But then again when I tested the XT-2, I wished the playback & delete button is nearer to the right hand as is better for one hand operation just like the XPro-2 (I know we can set one of the function button for playback but we will lose one function button  sweat.gif ).

They remove the record movie button but the placement of the Function button in between the shutter speed and exposure compensation dial could be shift next to shutter button for easier use. I cant easily reach the function button when it is cover between those big dials  laugh.gif

But yeah, the price of the XPro-2 could be lesser or the same as XT-2, I cant justify why I would choose the XPro-2 instead of XT-2 with just the present of HVF and more pixel LCD back screen.
(PS: I used more of the LCD screen than the HVF for my last shooting because I took more pic on the ground and the XT-2 swivel screen would be super useful in those situation)
Not really stealthy if u put big lens on it  laugh.gif
if get grey import set, then xpro2 can be cheaper than xt2. biggrin.gif
blstz
post Oct 10 2016, 02:06 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

any idea on the market rate for a used, mint condition X100 & WCL-X100? thinking of posting my unit for sale but dont know how much confused.gif
want to fund for XF23mm
blstz
post Oct 11 2016, 08:54 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(streme21 @ Oct 10 2016, 03:06 PM)
8 months ago when I was hunting for one, I saw a used x100 on kldslr.com for 1.4k, not sure the price market for now  laugh.gif
thx for the info. seeing the price, i think i might just keep my x100...has a lot of sentimental value to me also lah innocent.gif

but putting up my WCL-X100 adapter for sale. interested parties can check it out at garage sales biggrin.gif
blstz
post Feb 17 2017, 01:52 PM

Enthusiast
819 posts

anyone facing connection issues between fuji camera remote on iOS 10.2 and their cameras?

recently cannot connect my camera to my phone. tried two different phones also cannot. can see the camera on wifi but when the app tries to pair with the camera, it fails.

havent done much testing to pin point the problem sweat.gif
blstz
post Feb 28 2017, 09:20 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(blstz @ Feb 17 2017, 01:52 PM)
anyone facing connection issues between fuji camera remote on iOS 10.2 and their cameras?

recently cannot connect my camera to my phone. tried two different phones also cannot. can see the camera on wifi but when the app tries to pair with the camera, it fails.

havent done much testing to pin point the problem  sweat.gif
so after further experiment, it seems that iOS 10 could be the reason for the trouble. Because i didnt face any problem when i tried to connect my camera with my ipad running iOS9.

my cameras are running latest firmware from fujifilm.

anyone here care to share whether you are able to connect to your camera with iOS10 iphone or ipad? if so, may i know what camera & which iOS10.x version?

thanks
blstz
post Mar 1 2017, 09:54 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(barteria @ Feb 28 2017, 05:50 PM)
my wife's iphone 7 plus running ios 10.2.1 connected with no issue. FYI, you need to confirm press something like "connect" or "OK" on camera everytime you want to access on another ipad/iphone/ipod.
QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 28 2017, 06:28 PM)
No issue on my iPad Mini. The latest version, I supoosed it's 10.2.1?
I'm using X-T1.
QUOTE(alpha128 @ Feb 28 2017, 06:35 PM)
Nope, havent encounter such issue, the only thing is if you switch ipad pairing to iphone, please wait awhile for the camera to pair again with your devices, may take longer time.

My iPhone and iPad are ios10, also have another galaxy note 4 and working fine, owned X70 and X-T2.
thanks for the feedback. ya i did try to clear the settings and select to pair with new device but same problem. tried with 2 different phones (iOS 10.2.1) with both my cameras also cannot. what are the odds? unsure.gif

In that case i need to find other ways to troubleshoot this issue sad.gif

I believe Fuji Camera Remote app wifi connection is P2P, and that it doesnt go through my router at home?

QUOTE(fruitie @ Mar 1 2017, 02:02 AM)
Rode Uber to a nearby mall. Sat in car, simply shot whatever I can. laugh.gif

Mumbai or maybe India is totally a different world inside and outside. In our office and hotel we feel like at home but outside... hmm.gif

Didn't do anything to these shots except added filter using Meitu app. They may not suit your taste. laugh.gif Taken with X-T1+18mm.

user posted image

user posted image

Many more but only shared these two on Flickr.
nice pics. macam no proper "road lanes" there like in your first pic. seems like a 9 lane road. would be interesting to see when the light turns green tongue.gif

blstz
post Mar 2 2017, 09:12 AM

Enthusiast
819 posts

QUOTE(Avatar1975 @ Mar 1 2017, 02:17 PM)
I have problem before during note 4 time.
I need to off the data before I can connect my phone to xt1
U may try this method.
ok...will give it a try notworthy.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1111sec    0.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:59 PM