Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Microphones For Youtube Videos, Wireless or wired standalone mic?

views

TSccxh
post Aug 23 2016, 04:15 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi guys. rclxm9.gif

Firstly, I hope this is the right subforum for looking for solutions for my problem. hmm.gif

I intend to start making youtube videos but read that the audio recorded is usually not as good as if you used and external mic.

I intend to record using my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Should I:

1) look for wireless external lavalier microphones? However, I read somewhere that common wireless microphone receiver jacks have compatibility issues with smartphones. If true, how do I get around it?

2) look for standalone wired external lavalier microphones? and then only sync up the video and audio in the video editor? If yes, what are several value for money sets?

Thanks guys! notworthy.gif
penmarker
post Aug 23 2016, 05:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

Suggest you go for the 2nd option and sync the audio with your video editor. Regarding the models, I don't know, never had experience with it.

Though I'd recommend desktop or shotgun mic instead to avoid microphonics caused by the lavalier mic brushing against your shirt.

If you got a budget you could share, maybe others can chime in too.
TSccxh
post Aug 23 2016, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

thanks for the suggestions, penmarker.

as soon as i read your reply, i went on a search for "digital voice recorder" on lazada.

are those what I should be looking at?

As I'm a newbie and have yet to make a proper video with my Note 5, I think I'll start with something not too expensive.. say.. RM150+?
penmarker
post Aug 23 2016, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,002 posts

For RM150 I don't think you can get a better quality mic compared to your phone mic. Maybe you can try getting the lavalier mic instead.
ktek
post Aug 23 2016, 07:21 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

QUOTE(ccxh @ Aug 23 2016, 04:15 PM)
Hi guys.  rclxm9.gif
Firstly, I hope this is the right subforum for looking for solutions for my problem. hmm.gif

I intend to start making youtube videos but read that the audio recorded is usually not as good as if you used and external mic.

I intend to record using my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Should I:

1) look for wireless external lavalier microphones? However, I read somewhere that common wireless microphone receiver jacks have compatibility issues with smartphones. If true, how do I get around it?

2) look for standalone wired external lavalier microphones? and then only sync up the video and audio in the video editor? If yes, what are several value for money sets?

Thanks guys!  notworthy.gif
TRRS to audio /mic splitter will solve it
TSccxh
post Aug 24 2016, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

do you know of any shop I can go to? I'm in penang by the way.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:38 PM