Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help needed, I have no idea.

views

TSGOPI56
post Aug 21 2016, 08:36 PM, updated 8y ago

Regular
1,396 posts

Hi All,
I am currently doing a Raspberry Pi based security camera system with motion detection. The security camera system uses Linux and Python. The security camera systems takes picture and video once motion is detected and stores the captured picture and video to local storage.

Now I would like to create a webpage where the user can view the captured picture and video. I have no idea. I need some suggestions and help.

Thank you.
easywin3
post Aug 23 2016, 10:02 PM

On my way
668 posts

QUOTE(GOPI56 @ Aug 21 2016, 08:36 PM)
Hi All,
I am currently doing a Raspberry Pi based security camera system with motion detection. The security camera system uses Linux and Python. The security camera systems takes picture and video once motion is detected and stores the captured picture and video to local storage.

Now I would like to create a webpage where the user can view the captured picture and video. I have no idea. I need some suggestions and help.

Thank you.
1. google for ISP provider and register a website domain name, eg: www.yoursite.com.my
2. order a web hosting package from the ISP
3. Using given account ID, upload your first web page, eg: index.html

Create file Index.html in NOTEPAD.EXE and saved it with following content :
<html>
<body>
<video id="sampleMovie" src="yourvideofilename.mov" controls></video>
</body>
</html>

Above only basic guide for your understanding, please spend some time yourself to find out more using Google.

otakotak
post Aug 24 2016, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
278 posts

what is your preferred language for web development?? if zero then i'd suggest you look at php framework like laravel or something. since most of resources in raspi will be used for tracking purposed i suggest you have another machine (can be pc/raspi) to serve the web server. depending on how complex you want to make it you can either write full blown images storage web page with db and etc.. or just a simple file browser.
narf03
post Aug 24 2016, 11:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

get apache installed into your pi, and save your images and video in the apache www folder.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:30 AM