Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware Monitor no display

views

TSnazrul90
post Aug 19 2016, 11:34 PM, updated 8y ago

Getting Started
294 posts

My Dell E2211H monitor no display anything, even the power button is not light on but when I unplug the monitor cable & the socket from wall power outlet need to wait 10 sec-30 sec to get the display back. And it become same again in 10-30 minutes.

Any solution?

This post has been edited by nazrul90: Aug 19 2016, 11:39 PM
boyz
post Aug 22 2016, 10:50 AM

Your Humble Vaudevillian
1,519 posts

QUOTE(nazrul90 @ Aug 19 2016, 11:34 PM)
My Dell E2211H monitor no display anything, even the power button is not light on but when I unplug the monitor cable & the socket from wall power outlet need to wait 10 sec-30 sec to get the display back. And it become same again in 10-30 minutes.

Any solution?
1st check for heat. does the monitor heat up after 10-30 minutes?
2nd check for heat. does the ac adapter (if there is) heats up after 10-30 minutes?
3rd check for heat, are you running on gpu or onboard gpu? (for gpu check if your gpu is running or not) fan stopped?
4th check, is it just your monitor shuts off or the entire pc shuts off?

do let us know what is the outcome.
TSnazrul90
post Aug 22 2016, 05:46 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(boyz @ Aug 22 2016, 10:50 AM)
1st check for heat. does the monitor heat up after 10-30 minutes?
2nd check for heat. does the ac adapter (if there is) heats up after 10-30 minutes?
3rd check for heat, are you running on gpu or onboard gpu? (for gpu check if your gpu is running or not) fan stopped?
4th check, is it just your monitor shuts off or the entire pc shuts off?

do let us know what is the outcome.
Thanks for replying,
I did this things and this problem keep happening,

-I did run Dell's self diagnose system, no problem found.
-I changed to another monitor ac adapter, still happen. I also changed the new extension socket cable just in case it could be malfunctioned. No luck too
-PC is working fine, fan is spinning and such. Only monitor no display like it dont receive power from ac adapter.
-I use onboard gpu. Older one thats it.
-Monitor set to lowest brightness and power saving so I dont think it overheat.

Ebony & Ivory
post Aug 22 2016, 08:05 PM

Enthusiast
953 posts

QUOTE(nazrul90 @ Aug 22 2016, 05:46 PM)
Thanks for replying,
I did this things and this problem keep happening,

-I did run Dell's self diagnose system, no problem found.
-I changed to another monitor ac adapter, still happen. I also changed the new extension socket cable just in case it could be malfunctioned. No luck too
-PC is working fine, fan is spinning and such. Only monitor no display like it dont receive power from ac adapter.
-I use onboard gpu. Older one thats it.
-Monitor set to lowest brightness and power saving so I dont think it overheat.
Just happen recently? The monitor did completely turn off itself or just enter into idle or power saving mode?

Your monitor got power saving option? Is it relate to the power saving option like the monitor will automatically turn off itself after a certain period of time?

Maybe u can try to disable the monitor power saving option 1st, to see is the issue still persists.

This post has been edited by Ebony & Ivory: Aug 22 2016, 08:06 PM
TSnazrul90
post Aug 22 2016, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(Ebony & Ivory @ Aug 22 2016, 08:05 PM)
Just happen recently? The monitor did completely turn off itself or just enter into idle or power saving mode?

Your monitor got power saving option? Is it relate to the power saving option like the monitor will automatically turn off itself after a certain period of time?

Maybe u can try to disable the monitor power saving option 1st, to see is the issue still persists.
Yes just happened last week and like I said in 1st post , LED power button is not light on. The power is cut off until you remove and reinsert the monitor ac adapter back and turn it on again. This is not the PC setting problem because I set to "Never" for display off timer and it still happened. I remove the VGA cable and it happened during Dell's self diagnosis systerm too.
Ebony & Ivory
post Aug 22 2016, 09:42 PM

Enthusiast
953 posts

QUOTE(nazrul90 @ Aug 22 2016, 09:19 PM)
Yes just happened last week and like I said in 1st post , LED power button is not light on. The power is cut off until you remove and reinsert the monitor ac adapter back and turn it on again. This is not the PC setting problem because I set to "Never" for display off timer and it still happened. I remove the VGA cable and it happened during Dell's self diagnosis systerm too.
I see. Did u has any extra PC or laptops? If got, can try plug it in to check whether the same issue will occur.

Btw, is the monitor still under warranty?
TSnazrul90
post Aug 22 2016, 10:22 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(Ebony & Ivory @ Aug 22 2016, 09:42 PM)
I see. Did u has any extra PC or laptops? If got, can try plug it in to check whether the same issue will occur.

Btw, is the monitor still under warranty?
Not sure why you suggesting that, it is more like hardware issue. Connect to other PC dont make any difference as I disconnect VGA cable from my PC and only AC adapter is connect, problem still persist.

Monitor is old model released in 2010 so warranty is out of question. I want know whether it is normal problem for Dell monitor before I give up and send to shop for repair.

Ebony & Ivory
post Aug 23 2016, 01:09 AM

Enthusiast
953 posts

QUOTE(nazrul90 @ Aug 22 2016, 10:22 PM)
Not sure why you suggesting that, it is more like hardware issue. Connect to other PC dont make any difference as I disconnect VGA cable from my PC and only AC adapter is connect, problem still persist.

Monitor is old model released in 2010 so warranty is out of question. I want know whether it is normal problem for Dell monitor before I give up and send to shop for repair.
ha nvm. i overlook your post. and nope, this is not a usual problem that will happen on a monitor.
Azusa_San
post Aug 23 2016, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
267 posts

Ur monitor pcb rosak edy, just send it to repair la. I encountered the same problem as u described with mine HP monitor as well.

This post has been edited by Azusa_San: Aug 23 2016, 01:32 AM
TSnazrul90
post Aug 23 2016, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(Azusa_San @ Aug 23 2016, 01:19 AM)
Ur monitor pcb rosak edy, just send it to repair la. I encountered the same problem as u described with mine HP monitor as well.
Oh so it is common problem. Might be easier to explain to technician. How much for repair? Or your one is covered by warranty?
island
post Aug 23 2016, 06:17 AM

Regular
1,731 posts

saw any lizard inside the monitor? very common!
ehaolim
post Aug 23 2016, 10:53 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(nazrul90 @ Aug 19 2016, 11:34 PM)

Any solution?
bro you might need to open and clear the dust, I might help

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0159sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:04 PM