Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Official Discussion V3!, Pre-order units arriving today!

views

tokdukun
post Aug 17 2016, 11:24 AM

Casual
376 posts

Tomorrow is D-day rclxms.gif

So excited for my first Note biggrin.gif
tokdukun
post Aug 17 2016, 10:15 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(ericchan @ Aug 17 2016, 09:55 PM)
LOL
U LYN staff?

https://www.lowyat.net/2016/112063/lytv-sam...ote-7-unboxing/

LYN edi made unboxing video.
tokdukun
post Aug 18 2016, 09:16 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(ijan @ Aug 18 2016, 09:15 AM)
Got mine liao, Digi, and I'm in Sarawak
So early! Congrats!
tokdukun
post Aug 18 2016, 11:57 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(yoyoan @ Aug 18 2016, 11:51 AM)
Now I realized samsung wireless chargers doesn't come with a cable
Thought so, that's why they gave extra micro USB charger. It must be the same when S7/S7E launch, hence the micro USB instead of USB-C.
tokdukun
post Aug 18 2016, 01:39 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(lifebalance @ Aug 18 2016, 01:02 PM)
Nah you can take a dive while I chill and surf on the net. Still got 3199 in my pocket to enjoy some nice meal.

Can you hold ur breath longer than  1 minute for 1 hour to play underwater ? No don't talk about oxygen tank.

Marketing gimmick for most feature aside from iris which the security is yet to be tested by banks. As for underwater feature, I'm a careful person, never bring my phone ever to shower, pools or forgotten to take it out to wash my pants.
It kinda depends on where you're coming from.

From Note 4 to Note 7, i guess yours is working fine without a hitch, so you have less push to upgrade until it starts to fail. True, most N7 features may not be essential, but handy to have. You can't fault Samsung for improving their products.

My friend was very careful to not bring his Note 5 to wet areas or exposed to rain, yet it failed due to water damage, possibly due to sweat (he needs to make a lot of calls, work on site outdoor) or touching it after washing hands, who'd ever thought the little amount of water left can eventually stack up and cause mobo failure? It cost him rm1.3k to replace, not covered by warranty.

Waterproof to him would be a very tempting feature. And then there's other things N7 has to offer.

For me, coming from xiaomi mi4i, it'll be a bigger jump. I've had bad experience using it, terrible lag, heat issue, unsatisfying battery life (i can't make it to the end of day sometimes), slow charge time i had to carry power bank which i dislike, etc. So I'm willing to fork out rm2.9k+- for N7 for all its promising user experience.

If I'm very happy with it, it'll stick with me until it dies, hopefully 2 years easily, 3 years ideally, beyond that would be bonus.

For sure Note 8 will bring better goodies, but doesn't mean i need to upgrade (if i didn't screw it up, and itself has no defect hopefully), nor should anyone else be prevented to.
tokdukun
post Aug 18 2016, 02:02 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(cheonwai @ Aug 18 2016, 01:59 PM)
Just collected the Note 7 from Maxis, the Maxis guy told me the bundled wireless charger stand not compatible to Note 7, he said SME gave this statement to them, WTF??!! Anybody can confirm this? I have yet to unbox my Note 7 yet, got to work first...
Lolwut, what BS he saying, Note 7 definitely can do fast wireless charging. They made their own stand, unthinkable it won't work on its own product.
tokdukun
post Aug 18 2016, 02:24 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(-Ax- @ Aug 18 2016, 02:14 PM)
if its under warranty..ask ur fren to bang them.ask them to show the motherboard.find that watermark. mine got replace for free.same as urs..claim sweat from my end.i dispute and req for manager..straight away they give another solution.. try it bro
IIRC, the warranty clearly excluded water damage.

Samsung SC at Bentley PJ did show him the mobo watermark damage.

But ah well, it's in the past. Thanks for the tips, will keep in mind.
tokdukun
post Aug 18 2016, 02:33 PM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(HeianAlien @ Aug 18 2016, 02:20 PM)
OMG I'm jumping from Mi4i to Note7 too! I do agree with the lag, heat and battery issue  icon_idea.gif
Nice! Really felt kena tipu scammed when mi4i supposed to have QC 2.0, but actually they disabled it mad.gif

Gonna collect my Note 7 at Sunway Pyramid after work, just a little more wait, then can begin new experience with flagship-tier smartphone rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by tokdukun: Aug 18 2016, 02:37 PM
tokdukun
post Aug 19 2016, 12:43 AM

Casual
376 posts

Finally things settled down a bit. Collected my phone at Sunway pyramid just now, cut my sim to nano sim, then good to go biggrin.gif

Attached Image

I can't seem to find Google photos backup in the settings>accounts>google though. Am i doing something not right? hmm.gif

Attached Image
tokdukun
post Aug 19 2016, 01:23 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(yoyoan @ Aug 19 2016, 01:15 AM)
I'm using Internet Speed Meter.
You'll need to install Photos from  Playstore then sync from inside the app
I did that, i can see the app does sync, but still doesn't appear in settings like in that screenshot.

Oh well, i guess if it works, nothing to worry about.
tokdukun
post Aug 19 2016, 09:14 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(yoyoan @ Aug 19 2016, 01:37 AM)
You'll need to purchase the paid version for this and that.
Google photos got paid version? Never heard before hmm.gif In my previous phone, it did appear in sync list.

But as long as it do sync, through the app's setting, I think it's fine. It's been a really pleasant experience right now smile.gif
tokdukun
post Aug 19 2016, 11:21 AM

Casual
376 posts

This is my first time using a phone with fingerprint scanner, quite a number of times I fail to unlock rclxub.gif I ended up using iris after failing to unlock with a few press, which is impressively fast.

I guess I need to setup my thumbprint again for more varied position.
tokdukun
post Aug 19 2016, 11:31 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Aug 19 2016, 11:24 AM)
same here smile.gif first phone with fingerprint scanner tongue.gif but i no problem in unlocking the phone using fingerprint...just make sure ur finger cover the whole home button
i dun have the SP leh...was curious aja...if can..i will buy...and dun k adi XD
I feel it's more to do with setting up the thumbprint for my case. If I try to unlock at a position a little off (compared to when I setup), it won't recognise.

Sometimes, due to habit from old phone, I use power button to unlock and swipe up laugh.gif
tokdukun
post Aug 19 2016, 11:40 AM

Casual
376 posts

QUOTE(jacky91 @ Aug 19 2016, 11:33 AM)
u damaged ur fingerprint is it? means not that clear...

i am getting used to the fingerprint scanner now tongue.gif unlocked my phone when taking out of pocket..hehe
I just tried adding another thumbprint, this time focusing on edge areas of my thumb. Now I have higher success rate of unlocking laugh.gif

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0507sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:06 PM