Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dell Malaysia, All discussion about Dell here

views

bullit
post May 10 2008, 12:21 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

i hv been with the company for 7yrs, i joined with few yrs of experience and climb from bottom. With the ultra tight budget of peformance review. i was still struggling with my monthly expense when i got married.

finally i found a job that is paying me real good money to join them, so i resigned on april 08.

i would like to share with you is, its a good company if you are fresh grad and can join for a year or 2 just to learn up all their process and technology (may b, depends on your dept). after which you can comfortably put Dell into your resume and start job hunting again.

reason i say so is they dont appreciate the employees, keep squeezing the budget and head count. Very much like a chinese style company when it comes to budget spending, travel or reimbursement. Talking abt travel... only a few ppl in the dept can travel coz they have good relationship with boss.

there are also on some senario you SHOULD join the company, when they are in need of certain unique skillset which is very hard to find. then they will offer you a very good package (sometimes >15k for a snr mgr). but they will not give u 15k on the first offer letter even they need u desperately, i got a fren they rejected their offer up to 4 times and yet he still get a salary that he wanted before he joins.

bottonline, is u will need to evaluate if u can cope with what this company will give u and take away from u along the way.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0279sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:00 AM